Page 141 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4968
    Extraordinary Member

DC Bombshells should crossover with the main universe.

Alex Ross is undeniably a talented artist BUT I never really care for his art, even though his are some of the earliest comic art I was exposed to as a little one, and I have grown to personally not like for his art from a comic book storytelling standpoint.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Alex Ross is undeniably a talented artist BUT I never really care for his art, even though his are some of the earliest comic art I was exposed to as a little one, and I have grown to personally not like for his art from a comic book storytelling standpoint.
    Please have your second contact my second so they may negotiate times and weapons with which we may settle this irreconcilable disagreement.

BANNED

I'm of a similar mindset. Ross has done some really impressive pictures, no doubt, but his characters tend to look old, chubby...and often like him. You especially see his own resemblance in his Wonder Woman at times. This is clearly due to using his own face as a reference, and because he goes for a pretty realistic style, he sticks to what he sees pretty closely. His art also lacks dynamism and can appear pretty stiff.

That said, he's still an impressive and groundbreaking artist for comics. I do have my issues with his work, though.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 06-12-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I'm of a similar mindset. Ross has done some really impressive pictures, no doubt, but his characters tend to look old, chubby...and often like him. You especially see his own resemblance in his Wonder Woman at times. This is clearly due to using his own face as a reference, and because he goes for a pretty realistic style, he sticks to what he sees pretty closely. His art also lacks dynamism and can appear pretty stiff.

That said, he's still an impressive and groundbreaking artist for comics. I do have my issues with his work, though.
    Can’t he acquire models, not just friends, to use?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Can’t he acquire models, not just friends, to use?
    Yes but as art students we taught to use ourselves if no one was available.

Or you use a variety of pictures and make a composite face.

A good example of this would be David Walker's Shaft comic from Dynamite. They used Idris and other black men to make the face instead of using Richard Roundtree. Since it was rumored Shaft's creator did not care for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Please have your second contact my second so they may negotiate times and weapons with which we may settle this irreconcilable disagreement.
    I said what I said, we duel at dawn
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

this may one of the few times we've been on the same page, it's....a strange sensation.

currently following:

BANNED

this may one of the few times we've been on the same page, it's....a strange sensation.
    Okay... I've never made special note of your viewpoints before, so I wouldn't know...

Okay... I've never made special note of your viewpoints before, so I wouldn't know...
    understandable, I typically actively avoid your posts because, with no due respect, I tried having a discourse with you early on when I first joined and I found your views on comics frustrating (for lack of a better term) and bitter. you do tend (or have tended) to find your way to my discussions on the DC boards from time to time but usually you don't quote me directly, just kinda join in the conversation as it's going on; so I just talk around you.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-13-2020 at 12:58 AM.

currently following:

BANNED

understandable, I typically actively avoid your posts because, genuinely with all due respect, I tried having a discourse with you early on when I first joined and I found your views on comics frustrating (for lack of a better term) and bitter. you do tend (or have tended) to find your way to my discussions on the DC boards from time to time but usually you don't quote me directly, just kinda join in the conversation as it's going on; so I just talk around you.
    Okay...I see this personal for you, which is interesting, seeing as how I don't even know what we're talking about. I hope you feel better having vented that out. Interesting how a discussion of Alex Ross has led to your personal grievances with other posters...
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 06-12-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Okay...I see this personal for you, which is interesting, seeing as how I don't even know what we're talking about. I hope you feel better having vented that out. Interesting how a discussion of Alex Ross has led to your personal grievances with other posters...
    oh, no I don't want you to get the wrong idea, with no due respect, you're not important enough to me that I would call it a grievance. I guess you can say it's "personal" in the sense of being a personal protocol of mine from the way I was raised. I was brought up to be mindful that there are people with whom dialogue would be a zero sum game. so my mother told me that when I come across someone like that to try to just avoid getting in the weeds with them because it's bad for your mental health; I just realized that was one of those things. I have a small list of posters I try to avoid engaging with typically, as to not waste energy, whether I agree with them or disagree. skyvolt is actually one of them too but on the opposite side of the spectrum, me and them tend to find ourselves more or less on the same side of things. they're just a little too intense for my taste sometimes.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-13-2020 at 12:58 AM.

currently following:

BANNED

oh, no I don't want you to get the wrong idea, with all due respect (again haha), you're not important enough to me that I would call it a grievance. I guess you can say it's "personal" in the sense of being a personal protocol of mine from the way I was raised. I was brought up to be mindful that there are people with whom dialogue would be a zero sum game. so my mother told me that when I come across someone like that to try to just avoid getting in the weeds with them because it's bad for your mental health; I just realized that was one of those things. I have a small list of posters I try to avoid engaging with typically, as to not waste energy, whether I agree with them or disagree. skyvolt is actually one of them too but on the opposite side of the spectrum, me and them tend to find ourselves more or less on the same side of things. they're just a little too intense for my taste sometimes.
    Well, cool story, bro. If I'm being totally honest, I don't care about your feelings, your mom, or how you were raised, or even your opinions of me. The only thing here I was interested in discussing at the time was Alex Ross' art. Whoever made the initial comment about it is immaterial to me.

Well, cool story, bro. If I'm being totally honest, I don't care about your feelings, your mom, or how you were raised, or even your opinions of me. The only thing here I was interested in discussing at the time was Alex Ross' art. Whoever made the initial comment about it is immaterial to me.
    hmmm, that's fair. i was just explaining to you because I could see that you seemed to be under the impression that you mean more to me than you do. so I needed to make myself clear because after I explain myself it's back to my typical protocol. also, you should be more mindful of your tone and humble yourself, it'll do wonders for you and your ability to communicate; maybe you'll come off less bitter that way. food for thought
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-13-2020 at 01:00 AM.

currently following:

BANNED

hmmm, that's fair. i was just explaining to you because I could see that you seemed to be under the impression that you mean more to me than you do. so I needed to make myself clear because after I explain myself it's back to my typical protocol. also, you should be more mindful of your tone and humble yourself, it'll do wonders for you and your ability to communicate; maybe you'll come off less bitter that way. food for thought
    This has got to be the strangest thing I've encountered on this forum. I make a regular post about Alex Ross' art, next thing I know this person is telling me about their mom, then having all these opinions of me while also telling me I don't mean anything to them.

Bizarre, to say the least.