Page 38 of 333 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    Opinion: I don't think Batman needs to marry Catwoman to progress as a character, and in general, I don't know why a hero necessarily has to marry their supposed "one true pairing" in order to advance as a person. Sometimes in life, people don't marry and/or end up with their "one true love", and people can develop just fine without getting married and/or having kids.

Opinion 2: I hate that modern continuity often has the JSA predating Superman.
    For Batman to progress as a character we need to see evidence of Gotham getting better.As things are right now, Batman is portrayed as being a part of the problem in Gotham.

Incredible Member

Longbow Hunters was nonsense

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, I didn't know continuity was a DC exclusive thing.
    It is for me because I only care about DC and it is the only comic universe I know enough about to have an opinion on

Kon93

Tactile telekinesis is a bad ass power and should make a triumphant comeback.

And no it isn't to OP, or even obsolete when already having a full kryptonain powerset.

It is simply mentally controlling a kryptonain bio aura, etc, etc, etc.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    For Batman to progress as a character we need to see evidence of Gotham getting better.As things are right now, Batman is portrayed as being a part of the problem in Gotham.
    I think that the tragedy of the character is that there was a brief moment between the mob and supercrime where he put a noteworthy damper on crime in Gotham only for it to explode afterward and now he's the only thing stopping it from taking over. He almost got what he wanted and now he's only capable of maintaining a status quo, i.e., he did a good job breaking it with the best intentions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Tactile telekinesis is a bad ass power and should make a triumphant comeback.

And no it isn't to OP, or even obsolete when already having a full kryptonain powerset.

It is simply mentally controlling a kryptonain bio aura, etc, etc, etc.
    I never understood why people say that TTK is an OP ability.It's basically using psychic powers to increase your own strength and fly.There is a bunch of other abilities that are more OP than that.

I like Young Justice animated's versions of Jade Nguyen and Artemis Crock much better than their comic counterparts. Comic Jade ended too much of an outdated "Dragon Lady"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    Continuity is overrated

Thank you for saying something so brave and factual, Mr Luthor.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Opinions are factual?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

You're welcome. Someone has to be the voice of reason around here

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Opinions are factual?
    It’s factual to me. There’s definitely some truth to continuity being overrated. All of you want to be slaves to it. Me? Give me compelling stories and great art. Everything else is irrelevant to me.
    Last edited by Raijin; 02-10-2019 at 02:30 AM.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    You're welcome. Someone has to be the voice of reason around here
    Reading comics back then was such a daunting task. Reading comics should never be a chore. Story first, continuity last. That has always been my motto and it was pissed off the traditionalists, the continuity police.

Mighty Member

Reading comics back then was such a daunting task. Reading comics should never be a chore. Story first, continuity last. That has always been my motto and it was pissed off the traditionalists, the continuity police.
    Yeah I think this should always be the motto more than anything. I don't know how it started but minor details shouldn't end up being more important than the plot or writing or personal taste.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I never understood why people say that TTK is an OP ability.It's basically using psychic powers to increase your own strength and fly.There is a bunch of other abilities that are more OP than that.
    Oh it does way more than that, but yeah as soon as black zero held his own against all those superboys, or sins of youth adverts said something about being more powerful than superman.

Kon93

About history, how about just write new stories but not trample on the things that came before, it should be easy as that