Page 115 of 333 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4987
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IonRyner View Post
    I find Hal really bland and boring, I've tried to read the series that he's in and I just can't get into it. Its a struggle for me sorry to say, just can't get into it
    Literally, the only time I ever found him even remotely interesting was during New Frontier.

Oh, and his Super Powers action figure with the little lantern was pretty cool, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

alright I'll say it, Dick Grayson should be bisexual *braces self while whispering*..be gentle...
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-09-2020 at 04:48 PM. Reason: needed to make the text match the clear spiciness of this take
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    alright I'll say it, Dick Grayson should be bisexual *braces self while whispering*..be gentle...
    your only saying that to validate your fan art or fan fic

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Honestly Tim has always been my pick for a bisexual Robin. I could see him and Conner getting together, though I think it's never crossed the latter's mind.

With Grayson, well, I just don't see it. He strikes me as very comfortable in that he wouldn't react strangely to a man flirting with him, but I just can't say he's interested. His thing for redheads means it'd be him and Wally or Roy, too, and while one is still alive, he's still way too in love with Linda and the notion of getting his kids back to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by gamiz View Post
    your only saying that to validate your fan art or fan fic
    i think you'd have to be a fan of the character to do either of those, which, while I don't actively hate, I'm most definitely not; to me he just feels like the type. but hey, you know what they say about when you assume....
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-08-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Honestly Tim has always been my pick for a bisexual Robin. I could see him and Conner getting together, though I think it's never crossed the latter's mind.

With Grayson, well, I just don't see it. He strikes me as very comfortable in that he wouldn't react strangely to a man flirting with him, but I just can't say he's interested. His thing for redheads means it'd be him and Wally or Roy, too, and while one is still alive, he's still way too in love with Linda and the notion of getting his kids back to move on.
    keep it a bean I have always said that Wally and Dick would be an interesting pair, if it Wally didn't have Linda and the kids. Dick and Roy never rosonated the same way to me. I never considered Tim but I can see it, him and Connor would be an interesting couple now that I think about it.

currently following:

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

That's controversial? I thought most of his biggest fans thought he was gay or bi. Just search online.

I kinda wish there could be a crossover with Green Lantern and Jojo with the art done by Araki and the writing by Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    That's controversial? I thought most of his biggest fans thought he was gay or bi. Just search online.
    I don't think that's really a big part of the Nightwing fandom; most of us argue about whether he should be with Babs or Kori. The "Dick is gay/bi" fanart is just people who *wish* he were. And I get it, Dick's hot.

Aside from the fact that nothing in print has ever supported the idea, I struggle to see it though, and I don't think I'd care for it if it happened. He's the DCU's official pretty boy, so he ends up being gay? Feels like typecasting to me. I'd be down with it for an Elseworlds or something, but not main continuity; too much precedence already.

I could see Damian growing up to be gay. The super violent and angry Robin feels less stereotypical than Dick or Tim, and Damian's a kid who doesn't have decades of stories establishing his sexuality. He could totally grow up to be gay or bi or pan or whatever. Now, I don't support the idea of Damian and Jon Kent; their entire dynamic is a bromance, not a romance, and it'd feel like a weird shift to change it now. But Damian or Jon could both end up being not straight and I'd be fine with it, as long as they remain brothers from other mothers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't think that's really a big part of the Nightwing fandom; most of us argue about whether he should be with Babs or Kori. The "Dick is gay/bi" fanart is just people who *wish* he were. And I get it, Dick's hot.

Aside from the fact that nothing in print has ever supported the idea, I struggle to see it though, and I don't think I'd care for it if it happened. He's the DCU's official pretty boy, so he ends up being gay? Feels like typecasting to me. I'd be down with it for an Elseworlds or something, but not main continuity; too much precedence already.

I could see Damian growing up to be gay. The super violent and angry Robin feels less stereotypical than Dick or Tim, and Damian's a kid who doesn't have decades of stories establishing his sexuality. He could totally grow up to be gay or bi or pan or whatever. Now, I don't support the idea of Damian and Jon Kent; their entire dynamic is a bromance, not a romance, and it'd feel like a weird shift to change it now. But Damian or Jon could both end up being not straight and I'd be fine with it, as long as they remain brothers from other mothers.
    first, just to clarify, gay =/= bisexual. I'm not saying he should be gay, I'm saying that he could be bi; let's not conflate the two please. also, and I mean this as respectfully as possible, I'm so tired of the "but there is no indication before that x character is anything but straight" argument, as if queer acceptance in medium isn't a relatively new phenomenon in american media. Of course there wouldn't be nods to pretty much any "major" character being gay, let alone ones from the 30s/40s like Dick (despite what the Comics Code would have you believe back then). I'm basing it off how I interprete the character, his flirtatious nature and his security in his masculinity lends itself (to me) to him being type to experiment with his sexuality, and he's not the only one that I could see being more sexually ambiguous than previously thought (I'm looking at you J'onn and Alan). now, now that you mention it, i can see the optics of the pretty boy being queer being too stereotypical but I don't think that means it should disqualify him out right from the possibility. As for Damian being queer, maybe even straight up gay, that would be an interesting turn of events that I would be more interested to see than Dick tho; how would he come out? what would spark the realization? how would Bruce react? how would the al Ghuls?

currently following:

Here's a wacky one:

It's crazy of DC fans to be okay with constant reboots. How many times do you have to read about the JSA, Titans, Earth-3 villains, Wonder Woman's Gods, Clark Kent's Identity, How Batman first met insert character, Legion of Super-heroes, etc coming back differently only to be rebooted again and again? This stops DC from moving forward and your continued support allows them to regurgitate the same stories over and over with lesser writers.

I've been a fan of DC since the early 80's. I've seen Crises galore, Zero Hour, Flashpoint, Nu52, Convergence, etc. These revamps don't last a decade before they do it all over again. It's very tiring.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Here's a wacky one:

It's crazy of DC fans to be okay with constant reboots. How many times do you have to read about the JSA, Titans, Earth-3 villains, Wonder Woman's Gods, Clark Kent's Identity, How Batman first met insert character, Legion of Super-heroes, etc coming back differently only to be rebooted again and again? This stops DC from moving forward and your continued support allows them to regurgitate the same stories over and over with lesser writers.

I've been a fan of DC since the early 80's. I've seen Crises galore, Zero Hour, Flashpoint, Nu52, Convergence, etc. These revamps don't last a decade before they do it all over again. It's very tiring.
    that's a pretty cold take my guy but engaging it nonetheless, if DC is ever going to break the reboot cycle at least one of the following needs to happen; fans have to stop flipping their **** about every and any significant change and/or DC needs to learn to stop caving to vocal out of touch fans (including the ones writing the stories), stick to their guns, and let the talent continue to develop their characters and new ideas organically.

currently following:

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

that's a pretty cold take my guy but engaging it nonetheless, if DC is ever going to break the reboot cycle at least one of the following needs to happen; fans have to stop flipping their **** about every and any significant change and/or DC needs to learn to stop caving to vocal out of touch fans (including the ones writing the stories), stick to their guns, and let the talent continue to develop their characters and new ideas organically.
    It's going to be hard to do that when you struggle to get new readers. Older fans tend to be set in their ways from what I've heard and seen over the years.

first, just to clarify, gay =/= bisexual. I'm not saying he should be gay, I'm saying that he could be bi; let's not conflate the two please.
    I'm not trying to conflate them, sorry if it sounded that way. My bad yo.

also, and I mean this as respectfully as possible, I'm so tired of the "but there is no indication before that x character is anything but straight" argument
    I get it. That kind of rationalization has too often been used as a barrier to proper representation. But for me personally, at the end of the day, I want characterization and continuity upheld. It can be bent some, but only so far. Someone like J'onn or Alan Scott I can totally see coming out of the closet because there isn't really much there to begin with (despite Alan having kids and being married twice, his modern stories barely mention his wife much less show them together). It's a "case by case" thing for me, and I think Dick is too firmly established as being straight to bend it. But that's just my interpretation.

now that you mention it, i can see the optics of the pretty boy being queer being too stereotypical but I don't think that means it should disqualify him
    It certainly shouldn't disqualify him (or anyone else). But I think there's better options with better optics.

As for Damian being queer, maybe even straight up gay, that would be an interesting turn of events that I would be more interested to see than Dick tho; how would he come out? what would spark the realization? how would Bruce react? how would the al Ghuls?
    Exactly, that'd be a much more interesting story to me than Dick suddenly shifting gears out of the blue. With Dick, it would look and read like pandering. Like DC saying "We can't be bothered to do this thing right, so here's a popular character we're gonna flip just to shut the SJW's up." But with a character who's sexuality is less entrenched, like Damian, it could actually feel organic and natural.

Here's a wacky one:

It's crazy of DC fans to be okay with constant reboots.
    I'm not okay with them. I've just learned to weather the storm. With DC, reboots are like natural disasters; you can't avoid them you just rebuild.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Here's a wacky one:

Reboots only make sense if your going to tell NEW stories, not rehash old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Reboots only make sense if your going to tell NEW stories, not rehash old ones.
    #VeryMuchThis!

That was the most puzzling thing about 52. They randomly erased everything and proceeded to repeat the same stuff but with exponentially less quality and heft. I mean they even tried to re-do freaking Doomsday. What was the point of that? And how did they think it would be as good or impactful when the conditions that made that event amazing were no longer in play? Even from an in-52-continuity standpoint Supes hadn't been around long enough to approach the impact of the first story.