since we talking Lanterns let me just repost my thoughts from the John thread:

I'm of the philosophy that stories should be allowed to end. I want all the heroes and villains to retire or run their course eventually and I would rather DC put the four corpsmen to bed, John included, because DC has so many issues utilizing this franchise efficiently. DC in recent years have been super heavy handed with the Hal Jordan neptism, and the trickle down effects all the other Lanterns in unflattering ways; san Jess currently as their new premier female of color character. These four have had a lot of story under their belt, i think they should go on a run of endgame stories for each corpsmen and one by one let them retire.

if i had it my way, Guy and Kyle retire and settle down [I didn't mean like, together, but you know what? I wouldn't hate it but that would probably anger A LOT of people; which I also would mind], Hal becomes one with the Green aspect of the Emotional Spectrum, and John settles into a cushy job as a Guardian (more laidback and calculated like Ganthet) and retires from the field/day to day lantern stuff unless it's a Quintessence level event and eventually joins Guy and Kyle in retirement.