Page 72 of 333 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 4995

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Heroes in Crisis is getting two books spin out of it to repair what was done, one of which is marketed as a fun book where Harley gets her girl back. I'm sure there will be some drama, but it's already backpedaling. What's your point? DC published Kyle Baker's Plastic Man at the same time as Identity Crisis. It's not that much different.
    I specifically said this doesn't happen nowadays for the most part.

Also, the Wally book isn't repairing anything from HiC.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-02-2019 at 12:11 AM.

To clarify my comment, I was responding to this comment

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC in the 90s was far more successful and optimistic than anything they've put out in the 2000s and 2010s.
    The 90's weren't optimistic, most of the things I talked about were reversed a decade later. My initital point was, we haven't left the dark ages of comics. ^^

To elaborate on your answer agent.
    There can always been good emerging from bad. I don't say even now nothing good comes from DC. But we're are in a very depressing era of comics where heroes can't seem to catch a break or are huge jerkass.
    Last edited by Dark-Jacket; 09-02-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    To clarify my comment, I was responding to this comment

The 90's weren't optimistic, most of the things I talked about were reversed a decade later. My initital point was, we haven't left the dark ages of comics. ^^

To elaborate on your answer agent.
    There can always been good emerging from bad. I don't say even now nothing good comes from DC. But we're are in a very depressing era of comics where heroes can't seem to catch a break or are huge jerkass.
    I agree we haven't really left the dark age. Where I disagree is that the 90s started it for DC. Most of what you said was either undone immediately as part of a story or mitigated by what came after.

Bad things happening in a story is not a lack of optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I agree we haven't really left the dark age. Where I disagree is that the 90s started it for DC. Most of what you said was either undone immediately as part of a story or mitigated by what came after.

Bad things happening in a story is not a lack of optimism.
    I don't think either it started with the 90's nor that nothing good came from the 90's (I started reading comics in 1990 and a loved a good lot of these stories.) I should have been more specific. To me new52 and rebirth are failure so far as to get out of the dark age of comics.

That's funny because I feel more depressed than entertained reading most of DC comics products. I'd be curious to get your sense of optimism.

Boisterously Confused

Unlike Bucky Barnes, both Barry Allen and Jason Todd had much more utility as revered corpses than as current characters.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The only characters that have more utility as revered corpses are those specifically created to die (The Waynes, the Uncle Bens, etc.)
    Last edited by Arsenal; 09-02-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The only characters that have more utility as revered corpses are those specifically created to die (The Waynes, the Uncle Bens, etc.)
    There is a reasonable argument that Barry being dead led to more and better narrative creation than his revival. A pretty strong one, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Unlike Bucky Barnes, both Barry Allen and Jason Todd had much more utility as revered corpses than as current characters.
    Hard agree tbh
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Boisterously Confused

Giffen's Justice League was great for about 6 issues, and then turned horrible.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There is a reasonable argument that Barry being dead led to more and better narrative creation than his revival. A pretty strong one, actually.
    And Batman having so vivid a failure gave him an impetus beyond his parents murder.

DC should retcon Jason so he never died and just grew up to be Red Hood naturally. Or at least do a mainstream alternate take where that happens.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    DC should retcon Jason so he never died and just grew up to be Red Hood naturally. Or at least do a mainstream alternate take where that happens.
    Why would he take up the name Red Hood then?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    How would he become Red Hood naturally?

Jason's death is an important moment in the DCU and defines Jason's worldview about killing criminals.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Why would he take up the name Red Hood then?
    For the same reason Grayson became Nightwing? Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    For the same reason Grayson became Nightwing? Independence.
    No. Specifically the name Red Hood. Taking a name after the Joker without that twisted personal connection would be like naming yourself after Ted Bundy or Hitler.

But also that's some Nightwing-lite dilution there IMO