Page 90 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 4968
    BANNED

Scott Snyder's Justice League is self-indulgent garbage. I've been saying that for a while. It's good that some other people see it, too. It might even be worse than Johns' run. I feel sorry for the Justice League, because that comic really hasn't been good since maybe Waid or Morrison were writing it. I'm almost amazed it has endured so many terrible runs, one after the other, for SO LONG.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-08-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Scott Snyder's Justice League is self-indulgent garbage. I've been saying that for a while. It's good that some other people see it, too. It might even be worse than Johns' run. I feel sorry for the Justice League, because that comic really hasn't been good since maybe Waid or Morrison were writing it. I'm almost amazed it has endured so many terrible runs, one after the other, for SO LONG.
    I wouldn't call it garbage but Snyder tries way too hard to be epic.He's writing it like its some grand magnum opus, but no one writes a grand magnum opus intentionally.It just sort of happens by accident.

The forced epicness makes a decent to good story feel worse than it really is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wouldn't call it garbage but Snyder tries way too hard to be epic.He's writing it like its some grand magnum opus, but no one writes a grand magnum opus intentionally.It just sort of happens by accident.

There is certainly a "trying too hard" feeling about it, and the best way I can describe it is...amateurish and "wannabe-ish", and that is an interesting thing to say about one of the foremost professionals in the industry, but it is what it is.

I think the writers get a lot of undeserved hate.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post

That's it right there. It feels very forced.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I do think the arc has overstayed its welcome, I will always respect Scott Snyder's earnest attempt to swing for the fences every time. Regardless if the execution is good, he really does seem to give it his all, but count me among those who is not expecting him to stick the landing; a graceful finish usually doesn't follow a meandering second act.

BANNED

Reboots interest me.

If DC wanted a woman to be the first superhero, they'd have been better off making Black Canary a legacy again.

If DC doesn't want Arthur to be king of Atlantis, then just make the place a democracy.

If DC wanted a woman to be the first superhero, they'd have been better off making Black Canary a legacy again.
    They are making her legacy again. I don't like it, but they are. Still not the first, though.

If DC doesn't want Arthur to be king of Atlantis, then just make the place a democracy.
    I'd be cool with that. Or ruled by some some of appointed council, or anything. I'm just not really into an outsider ruling them (though it was elected position when he first became king, right?). But if Arthur's going to be king, let him be king. This entire merry-go-round or king/deposed is tiresome.

BANNED

Saparete Batman from the rest of DCU and kill all of his sidekicks except Nightwing.

This is my dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Saparete Batman from the rest of DCU and kill all of his sidekicks except Nightwing.

This is my dream.
    I'd kill off all his sidekicks, or just never acknowledge they ever existed in the first place. No Robins, Batgirls, Batwomen, and Catwoman has always been a villain.

BANNED

I'd only keep Dick and Babs. I'd reboot the rest out of existence. Or something. I'd get rid of them one way or another. If I did a Batman line of comics, it would be.

Detective Comics (starring Batman mainly, but Robin would be there and sometimes Batgirl)
    Batman (starring Batman)
    Robin (starring Dick Grayson)
    Batgirl (starring Barbara)
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-10-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'd kill off all his sidekicks, or just never acknowledge they ever existed in the first place. No Robins, Batgirls, Batwomen, and Catwoman has always been a villain.
    Wouldn't it be better to find a way to write the characters out when a writer didn't want to use them, leaving them alive for when other writers do want them? That gives you the option of having a more solo Batman when you want him, while Jason, Tim, etc are still out there when they do have a use for them. More storytelling options sound better to me.
    There's no reason the stories without Tim, Jason etc in them can't be told without having to kill or erase them.

BANNED

OK, i would keep Jason as well but as a villain, Arkham Knight or something, Red Hood is not that cool. A Robin turned out to be wrong is just so dramaticly sweet to avoid.

Retired

I'm in favour of the Springfield solution, whenever they've made a mess of things, they just move the whole town to a new location.

That's the easiest way for DC to move on from a bad continuity or an overly complicated chronology. None of this killing off characters and imploding the timeline. Just move onto another Earth, where there's a free hand to make everything over.

Leave the old continuity as is. If it's not working then don't to fix it or canibalize it for parts. That way readers aren't being put through the mill trying to process what's happening to their beloved comics. And it's easy to always go back to that Earth for the nostalgia, whenever they want.

What good is a mulltiverse if you don't use it to resolve these problems?