Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Unpopular DC Opinions

Random Thoughts

I think the JSA (and Infinity, Inc and original Seven Soldiers) work best on their own separate Earth. For me, I liked having the JSA and JLA with their own earths to protect.

Jonah Hex is a fantastic character. I want him to have another series.

I think Marv Wolfman's NIGHT FORCE series is a good concept. Let him write another limited series for NF that is 12 issues and ties closer into the main DC universe.

I prefer Dark Knight Detective Batman to all seeing, psychotic Batman.

What happened to Garth's (Tempest's ) curly hair??

Wally West raised the bar on what it means to be the Flash after Barry died - but I didn't care for the fast aging of he and Linda's twins.

PRIMAL FORCE was a solid comic series. I wish it has lasted.

Mike Grell's THE WARLORD was excellent. But it should NOT have been put into the regular D.C. line. And the book was best when Mike wrote and drew it. It was never as strong when he was only partially involved.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Random Thoughts

I think the JSA (and Infinity, Inc and original Seven Soldiers) work best on their own separate Earth. For me, I liked having the JSA and JLA with their own earths to protect.

Jonah Hex is a fantastic character. I want him to have another series.

I think Marv Wolfman's NIGHT FORCE series is a good concept. Let him write another limited series for NF that is 12 issues and ties closer into the main DC universe.

I prefer Dark Knight Detective Batman to all seeing, psychotic Batman.

What happened to Garth's (Tempest's ) curly hair??

Wally West raised the bar on what it means to be the Flash after Barry died - but I didn't care for the fast aging of he and Linda's twins.

PRIMAL FORCE was a solid comic series. I wish it has lasted.

Mike Grell's THE WARLORD was excellent. But it should NOT have been put into the regular D.C. line. And the book was best when Mike wrote and drew it. It was never as strong when he was only partially involved.
    Disagree with you on JSA. That said, I'd settle to see them all on ANY Earth at the moment....
    Hell yes to bringing back Jonah Hex! Just make sure Jimmy is on board though.
    Wasn't a fan of Night Force, but to each his own and I love Marv Wolfman. He's a lovely bloke.
    Big yes on the Dark Knight Detective! Although Morrison got away with it on his JLA run, I'm not a fan of BatGod.
    Just happy to see Garth again in the DCU. The curls are optional!
    Wally is MY Flash. I loved seeing him hook up with Linda and was happy for the marriage too. The kids was when Johns' jumped the shark.
    Primal Force has some great characters, and I wouldn't mind seeing it return. (Loves me some Jack O'Lantern and Klaw)
    I'm a huge fan of Mike Grell. His Green Arrow is the bees knees for me, but for some reason I never got hooked on Warlord.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Random Thoughts

I'd also prefer to have Shazam, WIldstorm and the Charleton Comic characters on seperate Earth's.

Spectacular Member

I preferred Lex Luthor back when he was an evil mad scientist rather than as a corrupt business tycoon.

BANNED

DC doesn't need Superman and Wonder Woman, because DC already has Batman.

Extraordinary Member

Dc has a steady Batwoman.

So it should have a steady Superwoman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

DC doesn't like Superman and just keeps him around for the IP.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrifterWC View Post
    I'd also prefer to have Shazam, WIldstorm and the Charleton Comic characters on seperate Earth's.
    I'd prefer the JSA (the whole Golden Age) included with the Fawcett & Wildstorm on an alternate Earth together just to see the Seven Soldiers team Wildcats meet the original Seven Soldiers team but if they did that people might read them more & want more comics from that earth hence DC couldn't over saturate with Bat & Super characters.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Has there ever been a period where the reincarnation themed Hawkman coexisted with the military themed Thanagarian version?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Has there ever been a period where the reincarnation themed Hawkman coexisted with the military themed Thanagarian version?
    When you say "reincarnation themed" Hawkman, do you mean the original Golden Age one?
    If so, then the answer is "yes" . . . right around the time of Zero Hour when they were merged together.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When you say "reincarnation themed" Hawkman, do you mean the original Golden Age one?
    If so, then the answer is "yes" . . . right around the time of Zero Hour when they were merged together.
    Nice to see someone knows their DC history.
    --jthree

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Thanks! I will comb the internet to see if I can locate books from around that time. I was curious to see how they differed and in what ways they were similar. I think I know of the Post Zero Hour version as that one joined the Justice League the Wonder Woman's tenure as leader. I think he had actual bird eyes and his wings were real wings that manifested at will, right?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Lightbulb Your DC-Only controversial opinions (part II)...

Do you think Batman Forever is better than The Dark Knight? For you, Grant Morrison is a mediocre writer? Martian Manhunter is the best character DC have?
    Post your controversial opinions about everything DC related... characters, authors, past and present run, movies and TV series...

None of DC's fictional American cities have any distinct identity. They're better off just using real cities.

Batman is a boring character. The main star of the Batman line is the city of Gotham.