Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I really don't like those scratchy speech bubbles that Scott Snyder has foisted onto Joker now that every book he appears in has to use.
You know what? How's this for controversial; I actually think they should do that sort of thing a little bit more.

The Joker speech bubbles....yeah, that font and style's definitely not for everyone, but I do like the idea behind it; of using the unique visual tools of this medium to provide a enriched voice for their characters. I wonder who started that?

I'd like to see a tiny bit more of that. I want Superman's dialogue to have a different font than Clark Kent's. I want Black Canary, with her awesome vocal powers, to have a little zing in her speech bubbles, just to help get across the idea of her voice being her superpower; and maybe as Dinah alters her voice you can alter the font as well. Darkseid should have his own font; I'd even go so far as to suggest creating a brand new one that is unique to his dialogue alone.

I also enjoy it when a little art is put on the speech bubbles themselves. When a devil or demon or some other hell-bound thing has a little flame drawn into it's speech bubble it just makes me smile. Or when there's some color in the bubble, like how Neron's speech is always colored green.

And I don't care how insensitive it is or whether it's harder to read, I liked it when a character's accent was written into their dialogue with bad phonetic spelling.