Page 245 of 245 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245
Results 3,661 to 3,663 of 3663

I think Red Robin is DC's version of Kid Arachnid.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    We get back to the whole question as to whether or not we can stand similar groups of people doing the same thing.
    The short answer is "no."

A title should strive to provide something readers can't find anywhere else, and nobody will benefit from a Titans book that does the same kind of "generic superhero team" stuff the League excels at. Not in this market, this economy, this mindset of only following what "really matters."

And keeping the Titans stuck in a coming of age story doesn't work anymore either. It's antithetical to the original Wolfman run, which found success largely by *not* sticking the status quo in amber and allowing the roster to evolve. And with a steady stream of younger heroes coming in, the Titans end up looking older by comparison, and when the roster is more experienced than 90% of the DCU, nobody wants to see teeny angst and doubt from them.

And there's other issues, I think, with the Titans brand and the NTT roster, and they all intersect in a perfect storm of irrelevance. The NTT characters are amazing and full of potential (a few even realized that potential) but as Titans, they're now less than the sum of their parts. I think it's time to let those guys move the hell on with their lives, but if they must remain together then you need a compelling reason that goes beyond "friendship is magic!" and nostalgia and League Lite, standard superheroics.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

There are no mediocre ideas.