Page 12 of 333 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Harley has no business being on the Suicide Squad.

Deadshot and Boomerang have tenure and their iconic roles on the group, but she just doesn't really bring much to the table aside from being Harley in my opinion.
    While I dislike her on the Suicide Squad as well, business is exactly what she brings to the table. The book sells because she's in it.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I like Alex Ross' art but I don't like his old depiction of Superman or Wonder Woman.
    Of the Trinity, it's actually Batman who I dislike his rendition of. I can't take how he puts so many wrinkles on his cowl's brow. It ages Bruce more than just about any other character under Ross' pencils.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-25-2018 at 04:07 PM.

1.Wally West is the better flash,It is not a highlander thing though we can have 2 Flash books but other than origin I think Wally is better than Barry.

2. Mera is better option than Arthur for DC. Yes Aquaman has work in varying degrees but overall concept wise and powerset he just doesn't work for a long periods. While Mera is all of the strengths of the concepts but without silly misconceptions, a powerset that make sense with name and fact that pretty woman in water sells to main demographic.

3. I like Batman as "Ironman lite"

4. Jon Kent is best thing to happen to superman concept in sense that with him around there is no reason to modernize Superman, They have a long game modern Superman in Jon Kent while they keep playing to older fans love Superman with no changes.

5. Nu 52 Earth was solid attempt at re-energizing some older concepts/heroes the possible upside was worth taking the shot.

6. Nu52 was a good thing

7. The Justice Big 7 was great once but it now it just holds JL back from having powerset balance ,diverse and interesting teams. Every time Justice League gets a interesting line up, It gets wipes out for the Big 7 when they change creative teams.

8. The color spectrum was interesting and is still BUT they need to stop playing around do obvious unifying of corps and that process has to be Mass wiping out of Corps.

9 The Trinity needs some work on them having equal roles

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Hal was a hero that tried to stop the death of millions in his home city that was turned into an anti-hero that tried to save the original universe that became a villain that destroyed the Corps that redeemed himself by sacrificing himself for the solar system that returned from whaterver purgatory he was in to become the Wrath of God that was returned into corporeal form to defeat Parallax that became a hero of the Corps. I don't think Hal needs to go down that road again.
    He doesn't have to. Just build up his character more. To me, he's a good hero but as a person not particularly likable to anyone who isn't a close friend or relative.

Some fans said that Hal Jordan was boring because he had no flaws. I don't know which version of Hal they read because he had plenty of character flaws. Then Johns came along and just flattened his character to the point that it was like was writing around Hal instead of building him up.

Mighty Member

The majority of people who want Cyborg booted from the Justice League don't like him in the first place. So being worked up over a character where ever he is, is a complete waste. Let him live.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    The majority of people who want Cyborg booted from the Justice League don't like him in the first place. So being worked up over a character where ever he is, is a complete waste. Let him live.
    I have followed and liked Cyborg since his debut in NTT #1. Nonetheless, he belongs with the Teen Titans, except in stories where the DCU ages its characters up to a point where The TT takeover for The Justice League, unless he can anchor and maintain a solo title, or at least a solo back-up feature that helps him develop a notable repution (or if Warners makes a successful film starring the character).

Why do I say that? The JL tends to be based on DC's most prominent (both in universe and IRL), and commercially successful superheroes. They generally drift back to a central cast comprised of the characters that can sell comics individually (even if sporadically), because that's the JL's schtick, The World's Greatest Superheroes. Some will say, "it's just the old farts wanting their Superfriends," and there are some for who that's true. But at the end of the day, a title like JL needs characters that most can believe are at the top of the heap, or it's just another team book. Cyborg, simply put, isn't there.

Outside The JL's Big 10, Black Lightning, Black Canary, Wally (Flash) West, Supergirl, Power Girl, Nightwing, Batgirl, and even Booster Gold all have a better claim on that title to prominence than Cyborg or, for that matter Red Tornado.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I have followed and liked Cyborg since his debut in NTT #1. Nonetheless, he belongs with the Teen Titans, except in stories where the DCU ages its characters up to a point where The TT takeover for The Justice League, unless he can anchor and maintain a solo title, or at least a solo back-up feature that helps him develop a notable repution (or if Warners makes a successful film starring the character).

Why do I say that? The JL tends to be based on DC's most prominent (both in universe and IRL), and commercially successful superheroes. They generally drift back to a central cast comprised of the characters that can sell comics individually (even if sporadically), because that's the JL's schtick, The World's Greatest Superheroes. Some will say, "it's just the old farts wanting their Superfriends," and there are some for who that's true. But at the end of the day, a title like JL needs characters that most can believe are at the top of the heap, or it's just another team book. Cyborg, simply put, isn't there.

Outside The JL's Big 10, Black Lightning, Black Canary, Wally (Flash) West, Supergirl, Power Girl, Nightwing, Batgirl, and even Booster Gold all have a better claim on that title to prominence than Cyborg or, for that matter Red Tornado.
    Meh. All your doing is limiting a character you supposedly like. Vic along with his generation of Titans should move on but no fans want them to be stuck in the basement of Father Grayson's house. Anyone can be Justice League material, it shouldn't be some elitist clubhouse.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Retired

It may be controversial opinions, but I don't know how one can determine that a "majority of people who want Cyborg booted from the Justice League don't like him in the first place." That's imposing a controversial opinion onto others.

Absent of any objective proof, it's hard to say, but I'd guess the people that like Cyborg like him for all that history with the Titans. That's where his roots are. So the retcon into the original JLA was bound to offend two groups--those that like the old line-up of the Titans and those that like the old line-up of the JLA (with lots of overlap between the two groups). I think it's less that people don't like Cyborg than that they just want his history to be respected.

This doesn't limit the character going forward. I think the most limited Titan is Beast Boy who doesn't get to grow out of the Titans--he's always being retroactively de-aged and put back in the Titans. Most of the original Titans were able to go on to other things. Cyborg can be both in the Titans and the Justice League. It's only Geoff Johns who is limiting the character by making it an either/or question. Yet Cyborg continues to be seen in other media as part of the Titans, so it makes better sense to work with that instead of against it.

Cyborg has become one of those characters that represents DC screwing around with the timeline and continuity--it puts him in the bullseye. When people complain about him or Wally, they're really complaining about something much larger than that one character. They are the handy reference points--so they always come up in the discussion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It may be controversial opinions, but I don't know how one can determine that a "majority of people who want Cyborg booted from the Justice League don't like him in the first place." That's imposing a controversial opinion onto others.

Absent of any objective proof, it's hard to say, but I'd guess the people that like Cyborg like him for all that history with the Titans. That's where his roots are. So the retcon into the original JLA was bound to offend two groups--those that like the old line-up of the Titans and those that like the old line-up of the JLA (with lots of overlap between the two groups). I think it's less that people don't like Cyborg than that they just want his history to be respected.

This doesn't limit the character going forward. I think the most limited Titan is Beast Boy who doesn't get to grow out of the Titans--he's always being retroactively de-aged and put back in the Titans. Most of the original Titans were able to go on to other things. Cyborg can be both in the Titans and the Justice League. It's only Geoff Johns who is limiting the character by making it an either/or question. Yet Cyborg continues to be seen in other media as part of the Titans, so it makes better sense to work with that instead of against it.

Cyborg has become one of those characters that represents DC screwing around with the timeline and continuity--it puts him in the bullseye. When people complain about him or Wally, they're really complaining about something much larger than that one character. They are the handy reference points--so they always come up in the discussion.
    Excellent post and I completely agree with you.

Mighty Member

Liking the character's history is different from liking the character himself. This character has been met with extreme hostility, a fictional character. If that doesn't scream dislike then I don't know what does. Having Cyborg strictly be a Titan is very limiting, he's been stuck there since the 80s. That's not progression. Everyone loves to gloat about his history with the Titans, but I've read every run of every Titans books and I fail to see what he gains by having his Titans history restored. Putting him back on the Titans is going backwards. But that's what happens when nostalgia clouds your judgement. No offense, of course.
    Last edited by Raijin; 08-27-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Suicide Squad has really lost the worry, tension, and danger in the series. To restore that DC should never use B or A list villains in it. You know going in Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang aren't going to to die and if they do it will only be for a few issues.
    I think most of the current cast are unlikely to die.

Croc is also a pretty well known Batman villain.

Katana is one of DCs biggest Asian Charcters, and used a lot in other media.

Amanda Waller is as iconic for the series as Deadshot and Boomerang.

And the way enchantress died I wouldn't be surprised if she would return at some point.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone can be Justice League material, it shouldn't be some elitist clubhouse.
    If you go to far away from that elite status, the League just doesn't feel like the League anymore imo.

Cyborg in the League could work imo if they would add a few other smaller characters to the team (like in the sattelite era), but in a team just with the big 6, he doesn't fit that well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If you go to far away from that elite status, the League just doesn't feel like the League anymore imo.

Cyborg in the League could work imo if they would add a few other smaller characters to the team (like in the sattelite era), but in a team just with the big 6, he doesn't fit that well.
    So everyone can be an Avenger but only a select few can be a member of the League? You're saying he doesn't fit well simply because you're used to him being stuck on the Titans.

So everyone can be an Avenger but only a select few can be a member of the League? You're saying he doesn't fit well simply because you're used to him being stuck on the Titans.
    That's a Marvel problem. If you exist in that universe you get to be an Avenger. What's wrong with earning your way onto the greatest superhero team?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

That's a Marvel problem. If you exist in that universe you get to be an Avenger. What's wrong with earning your way onto the greatest superhero team?
    If "earning your way" was how it was done, no one would be in the League.

Mighty Member

Uh......why does it have to be earned? It's a superhero team, not a doggy treat or an allowance.