Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Raven Appreciation 2024

Raven currently appearing in Beast World and the DC Holiday special.

Last, but not least Teen Titans Go.

Raven Thread from 2023
    Raven Thread from 2021
    Raven Thread from 2020

Happy New Year to Raven and her fans .

Incredible Member

by Taratara Studio

F-I18QgbgAAuKXq.jpg

The Christmas special brought up a lot of questions along the lines of what Trigon can deage his daughter? Raven can deage herself? What I will say is that Raven’s emotional states have long impacted how old she appears as.

She often doesn’t do it purposefully, but her moods impact her appearance quite a bit.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-06-2024 at 09:59 AM.

RAVEN 1.jpgThe one and Only Raven in my eyes.i wish DC would do a Death of Raven and a Rebirth of Raven i'm just not feeling this Goth version.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Cute Raven is cute .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I actually like how Raven's power is presented here...maybe use this as an evolution of her soul self

raven.jpg
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Christmas special brought up a lot of questions along the lines of what Trigon can deage his daughter? Raven can deage herself? What I will say is that Raven’s emotional states have long impacted how old she appears as.

She often doesn’t do it purposefully, but her moods impact her appearance quite a bit.
    In this panel, it's not her mood that is altering her appearance. At this stage in the series, Trigon' s influence never her has corrupted her so much that it's altering her visually. It's not " age ' vs " youth" via her mood.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    In this panel, it's not her mood that is altering her appearance. At this stage in the series, Trigon' s influence never her has corrupted her so much that it's altering her visually. It's not " age ' vs " youth" via her mood.
    Exhibit C: Raven is upset after meeting her new siblings. Her emotions are thrown out of wack. She quickly starts not looking or sounding like a 16 year old.

Half of her being is a pure form negative energy. Trigon was emotionally rattling her cages in the lead up to ToT to bring that part of her slowly out to the surface. But, ultimately her losing control was what did it. Her emotions influence who and what she is rather directly.

That part of her still loves what she loves. Still wants to help people as she does, but how that manifests is twisted by its nature. When she altered herself in the 90s she started looking in her mid 40s with a streak of white hair.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-14-2024 at 07:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I wish writers would remember Arella/Angela Roth more. She was the main positive influence in Raven's life before the Titans.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I wish writers would remember Arella/Angela Roth more. She was the main positive influence in Raven's life before the Titans.
    Well there are two main versions of Arella in the popular consciousness. The first version is the standard good mom trope character that exists in the animated series verse and related comics. I think this version started impacting the mainstream version after it came out.

The second is the classic version that actually had a very complicated relationship with Raven.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-15-2024 at 07:32 AM.

One week and Beast World #5 is out.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-19-2024 at 02:42 AM.