Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Supposedly she ret-conned Dick's ethnicity in part because DC wouldn't let her ret-con his sexual orientation to match her fanfiction or head-canon. Even if that's not true, the interview she did ten years after her run in which she revealed her thought process on both making him a Romani AND how she viewed his romantic life showed that she did almost no research on either. Her approach to the Romani ret-con was based almost entirely on stereotypes, and how she thought/approached Dick's love life went completely against how he'd been depicted as a boyfriend/lover before.
    it's crazy I'm trying to find those interviews, but I don't think I've seen them since the old DC forums or Comicvine. These interviews have to be around 15 years old. I'm trying to find the interviews where she differentiates non-consensual sex from rape. And I'm pretty sure there is another one where she says Dick's an adrenaline junkie and gets off on the rush. I think there was something about skin contact too, but it's been so long I might be misremembering.

I think I'm forgetting a few storylines from that run. Didn't Dick join the mob or go undercover.
    Last edited by Jabare; 06-16-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    The J-man