Page 188 of 333 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4993

Between her orange skin, green eyes and wild hair which sometimes seems to have a mind of its own, Starfire would look more weird than attractive in real life.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The DC Universe would be much better if each of their "generations" were broken up into 5 year intervals.

Dick's generation->Jason's generation->Tim's generation->Damian's generation
    Who else would be in Jason’s generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who else would be in Jason’s generation?
    Kid Devil. Most of the others come along with Tim, as he was Robin so much longer, and was on a teen team. Jason didn't get to do that, and with him and Tim so close in age, most of his cohort is associated with Tim's team. I know Eddie showed up there later, too, but I think he should to be Jason's gen. I don't really think the five-year interval is needed, but if I had to separate out all the ones in that age group, I'd probably pick the ones that aren't as associated with Tim and don't have strong connections with a prior gen that require their ages to be set a certain interval from them for Jason's age.

I actually think there doesn't need to be a teen team each gen, not every teen hero needs to be on a team, and it that it's awfully "convenient" that teen heroes seem to appear in bunches instead of just randomly aged with no clear delineation between generations. They don't have many civilian friends these days, it seems like. Though I guess the same is true for many adult heroes.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-04-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Kid Devil. Most of the others come along with Tim, as he was Robin so much longer, and was on a teen team. Jason didn't get to do that, and with him and Tim so close in age, most of his cohort is associated with Tim's team. I know Eddie showed up there later, too, but I think he should to be Jason's gen. I don't really think the five-year interval is needed, but if I had to separate out all the ones in that age group, I'd probably pick the ones that aren't as associated with Tim and don't have strong connections with a prior gen that require their ages to be set a certain interval from them for Jason's age.

I actually think there doesn't need to be a teen team each gen, not every teen hero needs to be on a team, and it that it's awfully "convenient" that teen heroes seem to appear in bunches instead of just randomly aged with no clear delineation between generations. They don't have many civilian friends these days, it seems like. Though I guess the same is true for many adult heroes.
    Would Connor Hawke, The Ray, and Cindy Reynolds be Jason’s generation?

Would Connor Hawke, The Ray, and Cindy Reynolds be Jason’s generation?
    Cindy'd be a big change. She was introduced so much older than Jason, and close in publish date. Connor - depends on what it means for Ollie's timeline to me. Ray is doable.

Extraordinary Member

Cindy'd be a big change. She was introduced so much older than Jason, and close in publish date. Connor - depends on what it means for Ollie's timeline to me. Ray is doable.
    What do you mean? Cindy was 14 when she joined Justice League Detroit back in 1984 real world time.

What do you mean? Cindy was 14 when she joined Justice League Detroit back in 1984 real world time.
    Was she? I had it in my head she was older. But, it has been while since I read those. And I only read a few issues, to be honest. Sorry for my mistake.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-04-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Between her orange skin, green eyes and wild hair which sometimes seems to have a mind of its own, Starfire would look more weird than attractive in real life.
    I think the term you need is "exotic" .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The original Perez 1980s version doesn't even look attractive to me. Just...yes...weird. And her costume, rather than being seductive or anything like that, is just strange and garish, in my opinion.

She's had much better looks than that, fortunately. Her best one to me is probably the Teen Titans cartoon version. Though, to be fair, that's how I was introduced to the character.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    The original Perez 1980s version doesn't even look attractive to me. Just...yes...weird. And her costume, rather than being seductive or anything like that, is just strange and garish, in my opinion.

She's had much better looks than that, fortunately. Her best one to me is probably the Teen Titans cartoon version. Though, to be fair, that's how I was introduced to the character.
    Hard reverse for me, bud. Though the NTT costume isn't my favorite look for Starfire. The Rebirth look really grew on me to the point where I think it's my favorite. NTT is probably second for nostalgia, though. The animated series is just too much of a child for me to really view her as the same character.

Extraordinary Member

Zatanna should be bi or pan like Constantine and Nick Necro.

I liked Nick Necro back in the day and I wouldn't mind if he popped up again.

Astonishing Member

I know. That's why I can accept it despite how convenient it is.

It's mostly to help coordinate the timeline.

Not sure if controversial, but I kind of wish they'd get rid of Zatanna's romance/relationship with Constantine.

If she were bi, would she be as attracted to bad girls as she is to bad boys?