Page 202 of 333 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4987

The Young Justice cartoon is only okay.

The miniseries Justice by Alex Ross is also overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    -Black shirt and jeans Connor Kent > Dated leatherjacket monstrosity he for some reason is back to wearing

-Wally and Barry are interchangeable as the Flash, Jay comes off as more distinct than either of them and that's because he's "the old one".

-Most people want Oracle back so they can get either have Cass or Steph back as Batgirl or childhood nostalgia, not because they're upset there's not a superhero rep for paraplegics.

-The best thing ever done with Bludhaven was blowing it up.
    I completely agree with that first point
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    how? you realize Batman isn't the only detective, and detective is the focal of Bryce Wayne's identity. Barry makes just as much sense to be considered a Detective as Batman because a) he at least actually works for law enforcement and b) he uses his deduction and forensic skills to solve crimes all the time.

I don't understand people who get all pissy about character overlap; especially with the Flash. it's like when people were complaining about speedster having different color electricity because Black Lightning uses different color electricity. it's silly.
    Barry's early days were pretty much solidly science based. I think it was the advent of the TV CSI series that turned these sci-cops into detectives. As for who's the betterer detective, Barry probably has a much better handle on science based stuff while Bruce handles motivations better. But to use an old school term, Bruce is by far the better dick.

I don't think Damain belongs on a TT team. He's better off with the Batfam, Nobody or Jon.
    Last edited by 9th.; 03-03-2021 at 01:55 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I don't think Damain belongs on a TT team. He's better off the Batfam, Nobody or Jon.
    I like Damian in Titans for the comedy

The failure of Clark and Lana's relationship on Smallville was largely Clark's fault.

DC doesn't need secret identities that much.

The Green Arrow franchise kind of needs to be reinvented from the ground up.

-Wally and Barry are interchangeable as the Flash, Jay comes off as more distinct than either of them and that's because he's "the old one".
    Well they were distinct until recently.

-Most people want Oracle back so they can get either have Cass or Steph back as Batgirl or childhood nostalgia, not because they're upset there's not a superhero rep for paraplegics.
    This claim always strikes me as funny. Not because it's true but because it presumes that wanting disabled rep and wanting Cass as Batgirl (which also counts as disabled rep) are mutually exclusive. Believe it or not, people like both.

I don't want Barbara as Batgirl (she should be in her late 20s, at least, and too old to revert to a codename derived from another person and with "girl" in the title), but do want her unparalyzed, I much prefer Steph as Spoiler to Batgirl (not only did I like her personality then, but she was independent instead of a subordinate, it was hers that she made, and she was also already an adult and shouldn't give up her own superhero identity for one with "girl" int the title or that was only a temp gig because another will come along), and I'm indifferent to Cass altogether.

I do find Barry and Wally distinct (well, old Barry, who was awesome and my favorite Flash).

OG Young Justice fans prefer that look because they find the new one bland in comparison but most importantly his characterization was changed with the costume so it's like a call sign.
    I don't care much about Kon having the leather jacket itself (I think he should be fashionable for whatever era he's in), but I dislike the jeans look (I think superhero costumes should look like costumes), and I strongly prefer his personality, powers, and backstory from the original. They basically rewrote the character to be someone else. And he lost a lot of distinctiveness - his powers became the same as Superman's, his DNA came from Superman, his got Superman's hometown, even Superman's parents. Not my thing.

I don't think Damain belongs on a TT team. He's better off with the Batfam, Nobody or Jon.
    While I don't mind him with a team at all, I don't require it, and I do wish it wasn't Teen Titans. I get the brand recognition thing, from a real-world perspective, it's irritating to see each Robin basically do the same things. I liked Tim better with YJ than TT, too. And Damian should absolutely not be leader (again, I understand the real-world popularity, but it shouldn't always be Robin, so I'd have Dick lead, but not the others). Oh, and while I enjoy Damian and Jon being best buds, I wouldn't keep repeating World's Finest, either. Never been that into Tim and Kon as besties. I mean, it's fine, but in YJ (my preferred team for them), I didn't get the sense that Tim and Kon were closer to each other than others, and I liked that that wasn't the same. I thought Bart and Cissie and especially Cassie. Of course, I also preferred Tim as not Bruce's child, as it was a different niche and relationship and brought him his own challenges, too.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 03-03-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    The Young Justice cartoon is only okay.

The miniseries Justice by Alex Ross is also overrated
    I'm a fan of both, but it's a taste thing. What do you consider excellent representations of Teen Titans/YJ, and the Satellite-era League (or if not at all a fan of the Satellite-League, what do you consider a top-notch representation of the JL in general.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

This claim always strikes me as funny. Not because it's true but because it presumes that wanting disabled rep and wanting Cass as Batgirl (which also counts as disabled rep) are mutually exclusive. Believe it or not, people like both.
    For most comic fans post killing Joke saw Babs get developed under a new name while being disabled.

Cassandra Cain proved a title called Batgirl along with a female lead of color (Asian) could sell. However after her run-she got buried and called toxic by a certain DC employee.

So everything that was still out there with her was under Batgirl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I like Damian in Titans for the comedy
    Titans has better comedic characters than him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    The only TT team I see Damian working with is a team where the other characters don't tolerate his antics or blindly go along with his whims.

-Black shirt and jeans Connor Kent > Dated leatherjacket monstrosity he for some reason is back to wearing
    I don't like the new leather jacket with the spikes or chains or whatever it was they added to it... However, I'll take costume over 'no costume' any day of the week. I absolutely detest the t-shirt and jeans look on any superhero whether it's Superboy, Luke Cage or Wonder Girl... Get some spandex or stay at home!!!

This I would agree with. I'm amazed at how somehow giving Babs her mobility again somehow cheapens her character... but Professor X has been in and out of his wheelchair and nobody blinks. He was one of the original paraplegic characters who was also one of the powerful mutants in history... but that representation doesn't even register when he shows up walking for the umpteenth time. I dont' think there was even an explaination how he he got his legs back the last time... But because Babs reclaims her title from someone that fans like... somehow THAT one matters.

The Green Arrow franchise kind of needs to be reinvented from the ground up.
    I'm not particularly a GA fan to begin with but, out of curiosity, what about it would say requires ground up reinvetion?
    I probably worded it too strongly and I'm not saying it can't be both, it just seems the ones I've come across are just more upset their favorite lost the title but use Babs no longer being paralyzed as way to make their personal tastes into an objective argument.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't like the new leather jacket with the spikes or chains or whatever it was they added to it... However, I'll take costume over 'no costume' any day of the week. I absolutely detest the t-shirt and jeans look on any superhero whether it's Superboy, Luke Cage or Wonder Girl... Get some spandex or stay at home!!!

This I would agree with. I'm amazed at how somehow giving Babs her mobility again somehow cheapens her character... but Professor X has been in and out of his wheelchair and nobody blinks. He was one of the original paraplegic characters who was also one of the powerful mutants in history... but that representation doesn't even register when he shows up walking for the umpteenth time. I dont' think there was even an explaination how he he got his legs back the last time... But because Babs reclaims her title from someone that fans like... somehow THAT one matters.
    People have complained about Xavier being removed from the wheelchair.

I'm not particularly a GA fan to begin with but, out of curiosity, what about it would say requires ground up reinvetion?

Just off the top of my head:

* The (mis)handling of politics.

* Discussion regarding Roy's drug addiction.

* A lack of variety in skill sets (most of the supporting cast doesn't have to be archers).

* Proper fleshing out of locations.

* A well developed rogues gallery.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-05-2021 at 08:40 AM.