Page 41 of 333 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Sigh* I miss Bunker
    I miss Equinox.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Sigh* I miss Bunker
    He was in the last issue of RHatO, and will probably stay at least for the next arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    He was in the last issue of RHatO, and will probably stay at least for the next arc.
    Thanks for that, I had no idea. That gives me more incentive to catch up on Red Hood.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wonder Woman should be just as strong and as invulnerable as Superman.

I think wonder woman should be like Hercules, son of Zeus. She is also a Amazon, so she is a bad ass fighter and leave it at that. She doesn't need to be the female superman, if they are going to make her zeuss daughter then play with that idea, not trying to compare her to superman.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    Yeah I think this should always be the motto more than anything. I don't know how it started but minor details shouldn't end up being more important than the plot or writing or personal taste.
    I agree 100%, but ... DC and Marvel are in a specific position, because they market their stories as based on "continuity" - which doesn't really exist, let's be real here. If writers like Tolkien or Rowling had done similar things in their worldbuilding, they would have made surreal, expressionistic pieces without any form or sense, and still, somehow, people tend to overlook those issues when talking about comics.

The more justified solution, then, in creative terms, is to make new characters, and even new worlds, if possible. As Jeff Lemire has done in Black Hammer, populated with his interpretations of heroes and villains' archetypes, but without the intolerable burden of decades of "continuity".
    Last edited by Paradox_Nihil; 02-15-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Wonder Woman should be just as strong and as invulnerable as Superman.
    She actually is in the Injustice universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    She actually is in the Injustice universe.

I like how the WW movie has her not as powerful as superman, but her fighting skill and weapons make her even more dangerous. Look at how she fought Doomsday, she held her own more than superman imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I think wonder woman should be like Hercules, son of Zeus. She is also a Amazon, so she is a bad ass fighter and leave it at that. She doesn't need to be the female superman, if they are going to make her zeuss daughter then play with that idea, not trying to compare her to superman.
    You do know that Heracles was also known for being ridiculously strong too, right? He wasn't just a skilled fighter.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You do know that Heracles was also known for being ridiculously strong too, right? He wasn't just a skilled fighter.

Yep, and that's where I would draw the line power wise. Make her super strong,but not as fast or durable, or able to fly, like a kryptonain.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yep, and that's where I would draw the line power wise. Make her super strong,but not as fast or durable, or able to fly, like a kryptonain.
    She shouldn't be that far behind him, but I agree he is more powerful while she makes up for the difference due to better combat skills. And none of his famous weaknesses.

Astonishing Member

If you just want to read Hercules stories there's millions of them, man. Wonder Woman isn't Hercules. Marston created her explicitly to be the female superman. Superman couldn't fly to start, either.

I like how the WW movie has her not as powerful as superman, but her fighting skill and weapons make her even more dangerous. Look at how she fought Doomsday, she held her own more than superman imo.
    And she couldn't make any headway against Superman in Justice League even with help.

Also, she can take punches from Doomsday, but a normal handgun can kill her?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    If you just want to read Hercules stories there's millions of them, man. Wonder Woman isn't Hercules. Marston created her explicitly to be the female superman. Superman couldn't fly to start, either.
    Marston only had control of his creation for a relatively brief period before she left his hands, and not all of his other ideas were worth keeping around (like her power driving her mad without her bracelets or men tying her up causing her to lose her powers, or that women should stay with their abusive husbands and reform them with love). So his intending her to be as powerful as Superman, when he has no say in how powerful Superman should be, shouldn't be taken as gospel. And Superman started to fly when WW was still in Marston's control, so if he wanted her to fly instead of using the jet, I imagine he would have done it instead of leaving it to later authors.

Plus if she is exactly even in all stats as Superman, with none of his weaknesses and additional tools, she'd pretty much be more powerful than him and make him redundant. The current set up with her being slightly lower than him in stats but having niches he doesn't is actually more balanced, DC editors/writers just need to stop sleeping and remember to showcase it all more often.

And she couldn't make any headway against Superman in Justice League even with help.

Her showing in JL was the only one that is worth debtating. She should have lasted longer than she did. Everyone else went down exactly as they should have.

And yeah, that handgun thing is SO stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Marston only had control of his creation for a relatively brief period before she left his hands, and not all of his other ideas were worth keeping around (like her power driving her mad without her bracelets or men tying her up causing her to lose her powers, or that women should stay with their abusive husbands and reform them with love). So his intending her to be as powerful as Superman, when he has no say in how powerful Superman should be, shouldn't be taken as gospel. And Superman started to fly when WW was still in Marston's control, so if he wanted her to fly instead of using the jet, I imagine he would have done it instead of leaving it to later authors.

Plus if she is exactly even in all stats as Superman, with none of his weaknesses and additional tools, she'd pretty much be more powerful than him and make him redundant. The current set up with her being slightly lower than him in stats but having niches he doesn't is actually more balanced, DC editors/writers just need to stop sleeping and remember to showcase it all more often.
    Wonder Woman did start to fly when Superman did, she just got established as riding air currents so she needed something faster. So the groundwork was already in place.

Also, with Superman being portrayed as much more powerful as the rest of the League like he usually is, he actually makes all the other DC heroes redundant.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It’s no more ridiculous than Superman taking punches from Doomsday but exposure to a rock can kill him.