Page 127 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4987
    Incredible Member

There is nothing in any of DCs main books a child couldnt read. It might say 13+ on the cover but you could be in primary school and read and enjoy it too.

BANNED

I don't know if this is a controversial opinion or not, but I don't get the interest in this Snyder cut Justice League. I seriously, seriously doubt the movie is all of a sudden going to turn good. I'm pretty confident it will just be a different flavor of bad. And the Justice League movie and Snyder's other DC movies are such dumpster fires that I don't have any interest in them at all.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I don't know if this is a controversial opinion or not, but I don't get the interest in this Snyder cut Justice League. I seriously, seriously doubt the movie is all of a sudden going to turn good. I'm pretty confident it will just be a different flavor of bad. And the Justice League movie and Snyder's other DC movies are such dumpster fires that I don't have any interest in them at all.
    The magic of what might have been.

I'm with you on this. People slammed BvS and Man of Steel, why do they want more of what's already proven to not be good?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm with you on this. People slammed BvS and Man of Steel, why do they want more of what's already proven to not be good?
    Those clamoring for the cut thought those movies were genuinely good/great and want to see the intended ending.

I don't get it either at this point, but people like what they like. It's kind of the equivalent of reading a comic book run you're really invested in and having the writer taken off the book against their wishes while someone else comes in to wrap up their stuff real quick and in a crappy fashion. If nothing else, I can't see how this cut will be worse than Whedon's.

To his credit, I think Snyder comes across as a better person than Whedon overall and Whedon's cred as an artist has similarly fallen hard. Buffy I'm starting to think was a fluke, and he ended up even ruining that towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I mean look, my two favorite non-comic portrayals of Superman in the last ten years have been Batman v Superman, a movie that deals with relatively complex issues of morality and apathy, of unintended consequences for one's actions and of being blinded to the "you" in "the other" - and Justice League Action, a goofy cartoon where Booster Gold tried to build Jurassic Park with a time machine because he didn't watch very far into the movie and thought that it was a good idea based on the first half hour.

The people who make super-hero media are pretty invested in the idea that they're at least capable of being "grown-up," and I don't think that's going to change.
    In a world where Teen Titans Go! is one of the most ran shows on Cartoon Network and an R-rated Joker movie can be nominated for several Oscars, there's clearly room for DC characters all across the spectrum.

I'm not sure what fans are wanting either. I'm guessing Whedon added more character driven scenes and his brand of dialogue, so...they want more Snyder action?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If nothing else, I can't see how this cut will be worse than Whedon's.

Less color
    Less character personality
    and end in a cliffhanger for a part 2 that will never happen.

I don't consider Justice League a 'good' movie by any stretch. But it is my favorite of the Snyder trilogy. I can see the stuff that 'feels' like Whedon... and honestly they're my favorite parts. They helped save what i was convinced would be unsalvagable. I really don't expect much from a Snyder cut.

Granted I'm a glutten for bad movies, so I'm sure I'll see it... provided it's somewhere I can actually see it. (HBOMAX is out, but if it hits a dvd or amazon or something....)

Best thing they could do, would be to recolor Steppenwolf into Darkseid. Throw a little blue or purple in places... add in an omega beam blast in a big fight scene.... and it'd be about the same thing. Steppenwolf was always a lame villain in the comics... and he didn't even look anything LIKE the comics. So just swap the 'stoney faced mega evil out to conquer the earth' with the REAL villain and it would have more 'oomph'. The way he dominates paradise island and everyone else he crosses was 'Darkseid' enough to make it fly.

But yeah, I really don't see this VOD release to jump start the DCEU all over again and bring back all the actors and get JL part 2 filmed... so it has that 'lame duck' kind of feel when we know the original movie was just a set up for the part II.

Which part of the Internet have you been in? This is far from a fringe opinion.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which part of the Internet have you been in? This is far from a fringe opinion.
    Snyder's movies were polarizing, to be kind, so there were plenty of places where that very opinion of them was voiced. These boards, for example, are such a place.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Snyder's movies were polarizing, to be kind, so there were plenty of places where that very opinion of them was voiced. These boards, for example, are such a place.
    I hardly saw anyone here care for snyder movies. But, yeah! It is polarizing.

As my controversial opinion , batman being posterboy of hard work is revolting. Batman's popularity is the only reason he is in justice league.He is just like any other nonpower pulp character dc has. Yet, the guy is put on pedestal.if batman can beat superman, then the crimson avenger or tex thompson or green arrow should also be allowed to beat superman. Moreover, superman being made into some elite lazy guy who doesn't "work" is as revolting as the former.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hardly saw anyone here care for snyder movies. But, yeah! It is polarizing.

As my controversial opinion , batman being posterboy of hard work is revolting. Batman's popularity is the only reason he is in justice league.He is just like any other nonpower pulp character dc has. Yet, the guy is put on pedestal.if batman can beat superman, then the crimson avenger or tex thompson or green arrow should also be allowed to beat superman. Moreover, superman being made into some elite lazy guy who doesn't "work" is as revolting as the former.
    ... but... but isn't that true?

Superman never had to do a push-up? Bats inherited his dollars, but Sups inherited his "Super-Ness" I feel like... I mean...

Superman is "GOOD" hes a good man but if you took all his powers away... he doesn't automatically become
    "Clark Savage the man of brass" even if like all of him was Doc Savage whole cloth in a way.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Why does JL have to be good? Why not just enjoy one of the 500 other superhero movies? Or a good Snyder movie like Dawn of the Dead... or a good Whedon movie? Why not bury the hatchets and just move on?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I liked these 2 Movies...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    That's why we have novels and movies. Is there only DC? This argument is... I grew up... why can't comics grow up with me? They already have. Just not superheroes
    The issue is if you keep repeating the same crap-all you are doing is selling the same mess to a new generation.

It's not we got other sources and DC needs to stay the same-it's DC needs to grow up too. Because why is it I have to go to other sources? What is stopping DC?

Examples please?
    Double standards

Folks have SCREAMED for better writers to be hired. Yet when DC or Marvel or ANYONE hires one that is not a striaght white male-it's DIVERSITY hire. Before a single issue is printed they are unwelcomed by most fans and fake fans. Now there are those of color or sexuality who have advoided this. Because some have gotten troll proof gigs on books like Batman or Superman.
    Now is it Rodney Barnes or Vita Ayala or Bryan Hill's fault the only books offered to them were POC & female lead? Sometimes that is an editor doing that. Dumping something on them.

When a white character fails to take off, we don't have people ready to throw a parade the same way people do if someone like Vixen or Cyborg's book struggles.
    When it's white one-it's "YALL don't know QUALITY!" POC "this proves black people can't read" or some other insulting mess.
    Along with "you are not a real fan if you didn't keep buying the book despite how bad it is" when it's someone like Cyborg and Vixen. When Static got axed-oh did the trolls AND the artist for the book come out and blame Static fans.
    Yet it's fine to jump ship when it's Tom King's Batman or Ric Grayson.

It's okay to FLOOD the market with Batman crap. The shield of SALES is tossed out to defend that.
    Yet with others-it's the shield of REFUSAL. Harley and Joker have headline their own movies. Yet you will see folks scream stop flooding the market with them.

Deathstroke GUEST stars on Arrow. Booster Gold GUEST stars on Justice League Unlimited. They get books.
    Mr Miracle, Question & Plastic Man get minis.
    DC digs up DEAD properties like Cave Carson and give them shots.
    It KUDOS to DC for giving those guys shots and for Deathstroke & Booster-it will help thier marketability beyond the comic book media.

At the MERE SUGGESTION of doing any of that for Cyborg, Vixen, Aqualad and others of color who have succeeded outside of comics.
    DC IS NOT A CHARITY.
    The OUTSIDE of comics media does not COUNT!
    TRADE SALES DON'T HELP COMIC BOOK STORES
    Stop PANDERING to Twitter!
    Manhunter has a book-so we don't need anymore black books!

Cyborg, John Stewart, Black Lightning, Vixen & Aqualad have been LEADS not guest stars on shows.

Diversity for Diversity is NOT good.

Translated it means I don't like who is on the cover. Based on the assumption that the chracter will attack white folks and scream say it loud (I'm blank) and proud.
    However since they don't READ those books-they can never prove it.
    Yet it's okay to exclude POC from books and leave them in roles as background and support cast.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    ... but... but isn't that true?

Superman never had to do a push-up? Bats inherited his dollars, but Sups inherited his "Super-Ness" I feel like... I mean...

Superman is "GOOD" hes a good man but if you took all his powers away... he doesn't automatically become
    "Clark Savage the man of brass" even if like all of him was Doc Savage whole cloth in a way.
    Go read goldenage comics. The character is literally a strongman. He wears the damn suit for a reason. He was pitched as a strongman vigilante from space,not some stupid sungod savior. Just because mainstream turned the character into a shell of his former self. doesn't mean batman gets to be poster boy for hard work. Nor does it mean other nonpowered characters( some whom have existed before batman) being treated like second rate is right.why can't tex Thomson or crimson avenger beat up superman? Why can't they beat up batman himself? I will tell you why. Money. This is'nt storytelling. It's a glorified popularity contest with money as main objective. Batman is no better than those guys . So, buy into the narrative all you want. Doesn't make it true. I am just sick of all the nonsense associated with batman being nonpowered, "through hard work" made himself special crap.