Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Cool John Stewart: Green Lantern Appreciation 2024

2023 was an excellent year for the best and most powerful Green Lantern, John Stewart. I'm looking forward to seeing what super star writer and one of the best John Stewart writers of all time, the great Philip Kennedy Johnson has up his sleeves on his further plans for John Stewart this year. It's refreshing to see his current series is being extended. But not at all surprising, because he's a great talent.

I'm also excited to John being continuously included in other media related projects.

Happy New Year!

I'm really liking Johns' new series so far. Some interesting villains for him to face off against.

Happy New Year to John and his fans .

Happy 2024 to John Stewart my favorite Green Lantern and IMHO the best Green Lantern.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Jamal Campbell don’t miss.

John shows up for a brief bit in GL #7 dealing with the aftermath of Thorne’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    John shows up for a brief bit in GL #7 dealing with the aftermath of Thorne’s run.
    I liked Hal being mindful of John needing to take care of his mom .

what's this notion of John having a newly forged ring? Why did he have to get a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This stuff with his mom is going to break our hearts, isn't it ?

PKJ was interviewed recently and shared that War Journal is not an ongoing.

He reckons that he thinks it will go for 12 issues and then hints that it will lead into an event with Adams. After that the book could continue with another creative team but he can’t say for sure.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

He reckons that he thinks it will go for 12 issues and then hints that it will lead into an event with Adams. After that the book could continue with another creative team but he can’t say for sure.
    Well that sucks. PKJ’s run has been amazing so far. This is the first GL book I added to my pull list in probably 10 years.

John finally getting his own rogues gallery and possibly arch enemy in the Revenant Queen. It’s about damn time.

Dang, I was hoping PKJ was in it for a long-haul. I wonder if it gets relaunched as a GLC book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dang, I was hoping PKJ was in it for a long-haul. I wonder if it gets relaunched as a GLC book.
    It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of this arc with the UP there will only be a dozen GLs left in the universe and a GLC book will feature all the earth GLs with a couple of aliens.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

That's a bummer. I really want PKJ to stay on writing John and Green Lantern in general.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of this arc with the UP there will only be a dozen GLs left in the universe and a GLC book will feature all the earth GLs with a couple of aliens.
    I'd love this actually. Make the GLs rare, special and powerful, keep the book focused on this small band of cosmic knights, and idk have workplace comedy vibes every now and then.