Page 216 of 333 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4987

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This is an old topic so I guess there isn't much point in me bringing back used arguments, but honestly, I just don't see the appeal of him on that team. In the Teen Titans he felt like the big dog, but in the Justice League he is just one among them. It's like when they took Beast off the X-men and had him in the Avengers. He's a fine enough character, but he stood out in particular as the big brother of his family.

that's a weird take just based on who the characters were canonically and how the worlds evolved. Beasts genius and powerset makes him an easy fit for the Avengers just like the X-men. It's only weird because in the universe the X-men are often written as belonging to a separate world with non-X-men writers rarely acknowledging Mutant affairs or stories like they don't exist. Whereas, if it was a shared Universe mutant would topics of discussion or seen much more in every day Marvel stories. And I'm aware of the current storylines, but that only applies to recent years and I'm talking about decades here. The Avengers became the team above everyone else and it's where all the top dogs end up.

By the very changes DC made to Cyborg in the New 52 he's a different character. Short of Brainiac, DC doesn't have another technopath like him. He touches the world and interacts with everything in such a profound way. He's a very modern hero, that any competent writer could have made an integral part of the Justice League if they so chose. They made him a cyber god, but many chose not to write him as such. So people think he should stay on the Titans where he used to shine once upon a time, but overlook the fact that the Titans aren't what they once were and may never. They say that Hollywood doesn't have any original ideas and you could say the same thing about the comic industry. DC didn't nurture the Titans brand like it should have, for how unbelievably successful it was in the 80s. If it wasn't for the cartoons I don't think executives would treat it as they do today. The majority of Titans characters aren't treated with the same love in respect outside of the Titans book, there are some exceptions but not too many. So at the time, the Justice League makes sense because that team has changed. That is the marquee superhero team. It's not just the big 7 anymore. The Justice League is that team and every other one is below that. DC might want to change that, but as things stand the Titans and JSA are looked at as assisting the Justice League. The JSA is either a secondary team or an older team but not the premiere (unless they put it on another dimension). The Titans are kind of in a weird place it's an organization that guides and fosters younger heroes and has its veteran members that helped found and define the group. However, these days it's seen as a JV Justice League or a secondary team, some may view it almost like a feeder for the Justice League. If the DC Universe progressed with a more natural time flow many of those members would assume the spots of the more senior heroes. As Batman and Green Arrow retired due to age, injury, or death then Dick and Roy would assume those spots. Donna Troy would step up, newer non-legacy heroes like Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven would grow into more prominent roles in the superhero community. Between battling Hive, Trigon and Deathstroke it's like they weren't ready for anything, but that doesn't happen. DC has a weird timescale. Batman and Superman haven't really aged in 40 years, keeping the second generation in a confusing age bracket while introducing the fifth generation of heroes.

So while it might feel weird to longtime fans if you look at it objectively in the universe those moves make a ton of sense
    The J-man

Any character that appears in Justice League will be the worst interpretation of that character.

Some of the worst Wonder Woman writing? Justice League. Batman at his most insufferable? Justice League. Superman, Flash, Green Lantern...Justice League is where you will find the worst depictions of your favorite heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Any character that appears in Justice League will be the worst interpretation of that character.

Some of the worst Wonder Woman writing? Justice League. Batman at his most insufferable? Justice League. Superman, Flash, Green Lantern...Justice League is where you will find the worst depictions of your favorite heroes.
    wait you think Batman is his most insufferable in Justice League?
    The J-man

Golden Perfect is a great story about Wonder Woman. JLA A League of One is also pretty great. Into The Woods introduced Queen of Fables and her relationship with Diana, which was a great addition to her world.

It always comes down to the writers themselves but there is great potential.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait you think Batman is his most insufferable in Justice League?
    Tower of Babel. And while it wasn't strictly a JL story, the Trinity's involvement in Infinite Crisis was a low point for all of them.

Pre-Crisis treated everyone on the League better than a lot of the stuff that came after. Even Wonder Woman fared better there than her own book at the time (compared to the stuff Kanigher and O'Neil were writing on the solo title) whereas it's frequently the reverse in modern times.

I prefer a mix of real cities and fictional cities, I'd actually like to see more city rivalries in there.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I prefer a mix of real cities and fictional cities, I'd actually like to see more city rivalries in there.
    The Gotham Knights v The Metropolis Metros?

The best thing ever done with Max Lord was killing him off as it meant everyone could stop pretending was anything but a waste of ink.

Justice League books do not need to revert back to the Big Seven. I don't care how iconic it is. Swap out members from time to time, start putting more lesser known characters on the team, place characters on the team who have never been on the Justice League before, have other characters take on a leadership role every once in a while. Black Knight, Monica Rambeau and Luke Cage and Wasp have all led The Avengers. Marvel just gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It seemed like they used to, before everybody seemed to decide that dramatic story-telling required misery.
    Just because heroes aren't smiling 24/7 doesn't mean they're miserable. Do you smile 24/7 lol?
    Last edited by atomicskull; 07-04-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Wonder Woman needs more of a unique power set rather than just being Superman-lite. I know she's had several powers over the years, and there's even a topic on this in the Wonder Woman sub, but I think she needs to be more distinct

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Justice League books do not need to revert back to the Big Seven. I don't care how iconic it is. Swap out members from time to time, start putting more lesser known characters on the team, place characters on the team who have never been on the Justice League before, have other characters take on a leadership role every once in a while. Black Knight, Monica Rambeau and Luke Cage and Wasp have all led The Avengers. Marvel just gets it.
    I actually think that's a good idea.

I'm more interested in the new kids for Titans Academy than the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wonder Woman needs more of a unique power set rather than just being Superman-lite. I know she's had several powers over the years, and there's even a topic on this in the Wonder Woman sub, but I think she needs to be more distinct
    I think her use of weapons and martial arts training do make her distinct. Frankly, I think calling her "Superman-lite" makes it seem like Superman has a patent on those powers (and he wasn't even the first flying brick. Shazam flew three years before Superman got flight and Namor was flying long before Superman was).

I have a much bigger issue with all members of the Wonder family or even any Amazon that becomes more prominent getting a lasso or rope-like weapon like Diana. This is especially useless for Artemis whose entire appeal came from how different she was from Diana.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-05-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I partly disagree.

You can mix up things from time to time, but if you go to far away from the Big Six line up, it stops feeling like the Justice League. A big part of the appeal of the Justice League comes from being the team of the Big A-List Characters.

And imo the "new" members need imo relatively experienced a need keep up power wise with the Big 6 (heavy hitters, powerful magic users, super-geniuses ect.)
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-05-2021 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

I think her tools and fighting style are enough of a difference. Plus there’s like, a dozen powers Superman is regularly depicted with that Wonder Woman isn’t.