Page 149 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 4993

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    DC needs to reduce superheroes to half of their output and put out comics of other genres, too.
    DC and Marvel both benefited from being fluid enough to latch onto trends from the '50s thru the '80s. By focusing on just superheroes, they've painted themselves into a corner where it can be difficult to exploit a trend if it's not superhero related.

The Titans aren't sidekicks. They can be a stronger franchise than the Justice League (and should be) if DC would just let the team evolve like Marvel allowed the X-Men to.
    Yes, I just said the Titans, not the Justice League, should be DC's premier team.
    The Justice League boils down to a monthly team-up comic featuring multiple A or B level characters, designed to draw sales from each one appearing in the book.
    The Titans are a team, not a monthly team-up of big-hitters.

Many adult readers like all-ages comics, too. But they won't admit it to other comic readers in fear of losing their comic fan membership card.
    Have to agree here in all respects. DC released the fantasy series The Last God under Black Label and I think it’s probably their best book right now.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil have been past their primes as Bats and Joker for a few years now.

And related to that but the DCAU shouldn't be held up as the end all/be all of DC adaptations. It had just as many poor characterizations as the DCEU under Snyder did.
    Absolutely this. People need to let certain things go. Arkham City was the natural endpoint for both of those actors. And the DCAU wasn’t perfect like a lot of the fanboys act like it is. A lot of characters were straight up butchered for simplicity (cough cough Sinestro)!
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    DC doesn't like Superman and just keeps him around for the IP.
    It's not an opinion, it's fact.

The Justice League, as a team and ongoing title, sucks and is a disservice to every character involved.

DC as a whole could benefit from looser continuity and just letting the characters exist in their own contexts without worrying about how everything fits together.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    DC doesn't like Superman and just keeps him around for the IP.
    That's right. Give rights back to disney so that brad bird can make superman movies.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-07-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    DC as a whole could benefit from looser continuity and just letting the characters exist in their own contexts without worrying about how everything fits together.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    The Justice League, as a team and ongoing title, sucks and is a disservice to every character involved.

Absolutely. Nothing wrong with Brave and the Bold Team-Ups but JL is just one Mehfest after the other when it comes to comics and movies

Did the old thread get closed down?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's right. Give rights back to Disney so that brad bird can make superman movies.
    My god, if Disney ask Brad Bird to make Superman's movie and it's good. The fans will riot against DC and WB that it will be glorious.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    My god, if Disney ask Brad Bird to make Superman's movie and it's good. The fans will riot against DC and WB that it will be glorious.
    Might even get this.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-08-2020 at 03:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Might even get this.
    Okay, I'm not gonna lie that's cringe, but awesome.

Superboy-Prime is an unironically great character
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Absolutely this. People need to let certain things go. Arkham City was the natural endpoint for both of those actors. And the DCAU wasn’t perfect like a lot of the fanboys act like it is. A lot of characters were straight up butchered for simplicity (cough cough Sinestro)!
    I see your Sinestro and raise you a Hawkman, two Hawkmen actually, the stalker Carter Hall and the genocidal scorned ex stand in they had for Katar Hol.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 09-08-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil have been past their primes as Bats and Joker for a few years now.

And related to that but the DCAU shouldn't be held up as the end all/be all of DC adaptations. It had just as many poor characterizations as the DCEU under Snyder did.
    Agreed. Beyond BTAS, it isn't that good of a representation.

- I don't care for the JSA all that much, especially the "all the Golden Age characters except for the really important ones are tied firmly to WWII but are still around now and only have kids in their 20s" set up of post-Crisis. They work better on Earth-2. Outside of Jay interacting with the Flashes, they don't have any impact outside of their own little corner anyway.
    - There shouldn't have been any sidekicks after Dick's generation.
    - Dick may have been better off just getting the Neal Adams Robin costume and keeping the identity back in the NTT era, because Nightwing will never measure up to Robin in importance
    - COIE was needed at the time but has had a terrible legacy that ruined a lot of characters
    - Byrne's influence on Superman and Miller's influence on Batman are both terrible and the characters need to be pried from their grip (easier said than done at this point). Perez is better for Wonder Woman, ideally she should be more of a solid mix between him and Marston than purely one or the other.
    - Morrison writes a better Hal Jordan then Johns
    - I can enjoy Flash as either Barry or Wally. As long as they have the iconic red costume and battling the Rogues or talking gorillas, I'm generally satisfied.
    - Both the Super Marriage (usually as written) and the romance with Wonder Woman are boring. Lois in general is still the best Super love interest though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Felt they both sounded a little long in the tooth even by the Arkham games though it does work there for at least the first two.

Wonder Woman is the main one I come to when I think of characters who got mishandled but yeah of the villains, Sinestro is so disappointing in his view appearances.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Agreed. Beyond BTAS, it isn't that good of a representation.

- Morrison writes a better Hal Jordan then Johns
    I've come to this reading Morrison also. I like Johns contribution to the larger GL world but for Hal himself I prefer Morrison's more laid-back characterization.