Page 279 of 334 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5006
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Kid Rock is still Kid Rock and he's 51.
    Adult Rock? What would THE Rock think?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Kid Rock is still Kid Rock and he's 51.
    see now that's a great example. He also still acts like a child, but I won't go into all the poor life choices of Kid Rock.

Plus The Rock is already taken so he's kind of stuck. Branding I tell you
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    see now that's a great example. He also still acts like a child, but I won't go into all the poor life choices of Kid Rock.

Plus The Rock is already taken so he's kind of stuck. Branding I tell you
    "Normal Rock" is also taken. But it's an NPC the devs of the MMO Champions Online hid in the bottom of a volcano.

He's got nothing on Papa Rock, now that made could jam
    The J-man

Catwoman is not really interesting when she is with Bruce, she's far more compelling working against him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Catwoman is not really interesting when she is with Bruce, she's far more compelling working against him.
    I think it can go both ways, personally. That said, the last lengthy amount of time she worked against him (the Balent era) I really was not a huge fan of. Of course that could be because of the approach taken.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

For me, they really have to the extra mile to make her good as Bruce's love interest. It honestly feels like a demotion though, regardless.

agreed. She is far more interesting when she has her original characterization and agency.
    The J-man

https://comicsalliance.com/justice-l...gn-aaron-diaz/

https://comicsalliance.com/legion-do...gn-aaron-diaz/

I'd support DC letting Aaron Diaz do his own imprint. These reimagenings are fun.

Honestly I'd just move the Future State characters to the Earth One line. The graphic novel format helps deal with Jace and Yara's pacing issues. So far Future State's biggest let down is how it introduced its new characters. The Earth One line would've been a better way.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-02-2022 at 09:53 AM.

To be fair, that could be said about any character too. Anyone from Robin to Commissioner Gordon to Oracle and Nightwing really shine when they're on their own solo missions compared to being second fiddle to Batman. He casts a big shadow in his own books.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

To be fair, that could be said about any character too. Anyone from Robin to Commissioner Gordon to Oracle and Nightwing really shine when they're on their own solo missions compared to being second fiddle to Batman. He casts a big shadow in his own books.
    I mean, IMO the best Riddler comic ever was when he was trying to beat Batman as the world's greatest detective. It's not classic Riddler, but somehow better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean, IMO the best Riddler comic ever was when he was trying to beat Batman as the world's greatest detective. It's not classic Riddler, but somehow better.
    That sounds intriguing, what book was that in?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    agreed. She is far more interesting when she has her original characterization and agency.
    The Brubaker run was probably the best example of this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Not necessarily.
    Of course they'll be able to shine and stand out more, but almost all of them still have their best qualities stand out with or without Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That sounds intriguing, what book was that in?
    This was the OYL version of Riddler starting in Detective Comics #822.