Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081
Results 1,201 to 1,203 of 1203

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really don't like those scratchy speech bubbles that Scott Snyder has foisted onto Joker now that every book he appears in has to use.
    You know what? How's this for controversial; I actually think they should do that sort of thing a little bit more.

The Joker speech bubbles....yeah, that font and style's definitely not for everyone, but I do like the idea behind it; of using the unique visual tools of this medium to provide a enriched voice for their characters. I wonder who started that?

I'd like to see a tiny bit more of that. I want Superman's dialogue to have a different font than Clark Kent's. I want Black Canary, with her awesome vocal powers, to have a little zing in her speech bubbles, just to help get across the idea of her voice being her superpower; and maybe as Dinah alters her voice you can alter the font as well. Darkseid should have his own font; I'd even go so far as to suggest creating a brand new one that is unique to his dialogue alone.

I also enjoy it when a little art is put on the speech bubbles themselves. When a devil or demon or some other hell-bound thing has a little flame drawn into it's speech bubble it just makes me smile. Or when there's some color in the bubble, like how Neron's speech is always colored green.

And I don't care how insensitive it is or whether it's harder to read, I liked it when a character's accent was written into their dialogue with bad phonetic spelling.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

Bridge Four!

Mighty Member

The reason BTAS Joker is considered the best version is very simple. Well beyond Mark Hammils masterful voice acting.

He's variable.

Silver age jokers a weird goofball who whilst commiting the odd murder, is more likely to steal a pun based item from a museum. Bronze age onwards jokers just become a clown thened serial killer and not a particularly finnyone either. We've now reached a level where he's a justice leauge threat at times despite JUST BEING A CRAZY MAN

BTAS though is able to do both. One day he can steal a boatload of knockoff joy buzzers because it amuses him and the next he can assasinate a high ranking gothamite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You know what? How's this for controversial; I actually think they should do that sort of thing a little bit more.

The Joker speech bubbles....yeah, that font and style's definitely not for everyone, but I do like the idea behind it; of using the unique visual tools of this medium to provide a enriched voice for their characters. I wonder who started that?
    I don't think he needs it though, unless we're thinking he doesn't sound like Mark Hamill anymore.
    I'd like to see a tiny bit more of that. I want Superman's dialogue to have a different font than Clark Kent's. I want Black Canary, with her awesome vocal powers, to have a little zing in her speech bubbles, just to help get across the idea of her voice being her superpower; and maybe as Dinah alters her voice you can alter the font as well. Darkseid should have his own font; I'd even go so far as to suggest creating a brand new one that is unique to his dialogue alone.
    I could swear Darkseid had his own font at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The reason BTAS Joker is considered the best version is very simple. Well beyond Mark Hammils masterful voice acting.

He's variable.

Silver age jokers a weird goofball who whilst commiting the odd murder, is more likely to steal a pun based item from a museum. Bronze age onwards jokers just become a clown thened serial killer and not a particularly finnyone either. We've now reached a level where he's a justice leauge threat at times despite JUST BEING A CRAZY MAN

BTAS though is able to do both. One day he can steal a boatload of knockoff joy buzzers because it amuses him and the next he can assasinate a high ranking gothamite.
    This is like my main issue with current Joker. He just feels less versatile and interesting because he's been pigenholed or stuck in this characterization of demonic clown killer guy.

Arkham Joker felt like the best modern take on Joker I've seen in a while and he was in the exact same vein as B:TAS Joker (and was also voiced by Hamill). He felt like a good condensing of all of Joker's best traits and could embody all of them in a way that was true to the character without going overboard.