Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
Been awhile since posting, but here goes...

I'd like to see Barry Allen have Golden Glider as his "Catwoman". Iris is okay but kind of overblown...not exactly iconic but a good combo. Besides, Barry tends to be the oblivious chick magnet anyway. I thought the whole deal with Meena was handled sloppily...its as if editorial suddenly decided it had to be Iris or nothing else. One minute they were dating, then the next nothing at all! It's annoying...I get Meena was controlled by Grodd and all, but the story basically left her friendship with Barry at the door with no explanation. Barry must be with Iris and only Iris! trope. Its annoying.

I always hate these "just because" couples that people get infatuated with. I'm not saying Iris isn't important but she shouldn't be the only one. It gets static and repetitive (Just like Bat/Cat). Just because people are comfortable with status quo doesn't mean other options can't exist. Plus its established Flash and Glider are attracted to each other. I did a bit of research and discovered Glider actually tried to kill Iris at one point (different continuity I know).

Could be like a fatal attraction thing.
Haven't we been complaining about DC making everyone like Batman too much in recent years? Barry and Iris actually have had thought put into their relationship. Having Barry in a Catwoman-like relationship with Golden Glider is far less justifiable.