Page 91 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 4987
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If you must have a permanent Robin gone bad, you’d be better off using Dick or Tim than Jason.

Jason Todd simply wasn’t around long enough either in and out of universe to milk the “Robin gone bad” tree for any extended period of time. The relationships needed to really make that work simply don’t exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If you must have a permanent Robin gone bad, you’d be better off using Dick or Tim than Jason.

Jason Todd simply wasn’t around long enough either in and out of universe to milk the “Robin gone bad” tree for any extended period of time. The relationships needed to really make that work simply don’t exist.
    Are you kidding me ? Under The Red Hood was amazing... Jason can go on as long as you have a story for him like the rest. ***** Tim, i don't like him. Only reletion ship Jason needs is with Bruce. And Bruce is not that ''good'' in my seperated from DCU, adult Batman on going... lol and it won't go on that long... like Jason, Joker and Riddler won't show up for 20 different adventures to kill Batman and ruin Gotham... lol 'cause that's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Are you kidding me ? Under The Red Hood was amazing... Jason can go on as long as you have a story for him like the rest. ***** Tim, i don't like him. Only reletion ship Jason needs is with Bruce. And Bruce is not that ''good'' in my seperated from DCU, adult Batman on going... lol and it won't go on that long... like Jason, Joker and Riddler won't show up for 20 different adventures to kill Batman and ruin Gotham... lol 'cause that's stupid.
    UTH is amazing but you can only beat that dead horse so many times until it completely loses its value all together. Tim & Dick we’re allowed to establish greater, deeper and more relationships with other characters throughout their time as Robin so them being the “Robin gone bad” has much more long term potential because there’s a lot more to work with.

Tim & Dick we’re allowed to establish greater, deeper and more relationships with other characters throughout their time as Robin so them being the “Robin gone bad” has much more long term potential because there’s a lot more to work with.
    It's also extremely out of character for them (sans brain damage). I care about that. Of course, I don't like heroes-gone-bad ever, so I'm probably biased.

BANNED

UTH is amazing but you can only beat that dead horse so many times until it completely loses its value all together. Tim & Dick we’re allowed to establish greater, deeper and more relationships with other characters throughout their time as Robin so them being the “Robin gone bad” has much more long term potential because there’s a lot more to work with.
    There is enough to work with jason... I know you awarage comics book guy's long time to work on... it means forever... lol no end.... lol everything lose its value without an end. As you can see from the ongoing Batman title, or superhero comics is dying threads. My Batman has a decent start and end. It's over after me, i would put in my contract that no one will go on after me to this Batman run or something... lol Don't worry.

Jason is well established and popular as Red Hood now. He can veer from villain to anti hero as the story needs him to. I don't see any reason to get rid of a character that's working.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Jason is well established and popular as Red Hood now. He can veer from villain to anti hero as the story needs him to. I don't see any reason to get rid of a character that's working.
    I’d never suggest that the character should be gotten rid of (he is my favorite DC character after all), especially since he has plenty of untapped potential waiting to be explored. I just the character is more likely to burn out quickly than thrive if he was limited to being the “Sidekick gone bad” role.

BANNED

I’d never suggest that the character should be gotten rid of (he is my favorite DC character after all), especially since he has plenty of untapped potential waiting to be explored. I just the character is more likely to burn out quickly than thrive if he was limited to being the “Sidekick gone bad” role.
    Are you kidding me ? Jason will be a true character who brings something to the table and improves the Batman's world rather than being just another sidekick with a crapy bat book.... lol

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Are you kidding me ? Jason will be a true character who brings something to the table and improves the Batman's world rather than being just another sidekick with a crapy bat book.... lol
    He's got a point. The Bat books could use more angst, violence, murder, and a hefty dose of Bruce feeling some degree of survivor's guilt. Oh, wait. . .

BANNED

I wouldn't mind Hunter as Flash for now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's got a point. The Bat books could use more angst, violence, murder, and a hefty dose of Bruce feeling some degree of survivor's guilt. Oh, wait. . .
    Exactly! Jason (or any of the Robins really)not going/staying bad is a fantastic way to prevent more angst & survivors guilt that’ll be further overplayed & mishandled.

It's pretty rich how often all the complaints about the Bat books being too dark and morose come from people wanting to have characters they dislike killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's pretty rich how often all the complaints about the Bat books being too dark and morose come from people wanting to have characters they dislike killed off.
    Count me an exception since I think the books are often too dark and morose (not just Batbooks, either - all too often it's like characters can't ever be happy for more than six issues in a row) and I don't want any Bat-person killed off. In fact, in comicbooklandia, I want far fewer deaths. And the accompanying lack of resurrections. Now, I may want a character resurrected once killed (Roy), but I never wanted them to die in the first place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Bat books are too dark,morose and rely to much on symbolism(since King took over). 'Dark and mature' stories are the reason why a lot of DC franchises are a mess right now.

I like the idea of every hero in DC being at least offered membership into the Justice League at one time or another, but I really want to see the politics of the whole thing. In YJ when they showed the nominations and how they deliberate, I thought that was a really great scene. The only thing missing was the actual vote, which I would have liked to see.