Page 215 of 333 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4987
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Given the way he tends to treat other people, most heroes shouldn't be happy to see Batman when he shows up.

It should be less "Oh yay! Only Batman can save us!" and more "Dammit. This a-hole again?"
    It won't happen. But I would love to see a depiction where Batman's flatly wrong, The heroes actually have to save the day from his overbearing insistence on his own way, and somebody like Green Arrow or Elongated Man gets to dog cuss him for his arrogance.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It won't happen. But I would love to see a depiction where Batman's flatly wrong, The heroes actually have to save the day from his overbearing insistence on his own way, and somebody like Green Arrow or Elongated Man gets to dog cuss him for his arrogance.
    The closet you'll get is Tower of Babel, and he still gets the moral victory depending on how you read it.

I get it. Although nowadays it feels like Batman is always wrong and it just serves to make him come across as more unlikable.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't remember the exact word, adrenaline junkie or fight or ****, but I understand what you guys mean, it's a similar vibe: her version was the inspiration for Tom King and Tim Seeley's brand of Dick Grayson who Leap Without Looking and Jumps Without A Net.

That's one of the beef from NTT Dick fans against Grayson (both the author and the series) that Dick is supposed to be a planner but they write him as a total improviser.

Oh yes, Seeley and King also were inspired and I think actually talked with Devin Grayson for their Dick Grayson.
    Honestly, Adrenaline Junkie could be pretty legit. I can see that in Nightwing. Everything from the trapeze background, the bright costume, laughing at his enemies and the puns... He really does strike me as the type who never climbs down a ladder when he could backflip off the roof.

Granted, he's also a natural leader and planner too... but I don't see those as mutually exclusive. Anyone who wants to push forward on the natural daredevil aspect won't hear me complain.

Or how about we just skip the petty middle man and, uh, you know, not write him as an overbearing ******* anymore? Btw opinions like "I wish others would call Batman out on his ****" are not controversial opinions at all, lots of people feel that way. That's about a controversial of an opinion as saying Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Green Lantern are terrible movies.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Or how about we just skip the petty middle man and, uh, you know, not write him as an overbearing ******* anymore? Btw opinions like "I wish others would call Batman out on his ****" are not controversial opinions at all, lots of people feel that way. That's about a controversial of an opinion as saying Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Green Lantern are terrible movies.
    Fair points.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    On that note, here's one that seems very unpopular with the professionals. Heroes should smile more often.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    On that note, here's one that seems very unpopular with the professionals. Heroes should smile more often.
    It seemed like they used to, before everybody seemed to decide that dramatic story-telling required misery.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Batman & Robin was an okay movie; it's not meant to be taken seriously. To put it in my OC Yuuki Takemoto's words, "it was great for children to watch; adults and hardcore comic book fans, not so much." Plus it gave us Moloko so...

The Hanna-Barbera label should've featured the characters in their original, cartoony looks; the hyper-realism of their eventual looks terrifies me.

Jor-El should've stayed dead in the Bendis Superman run. Why did he survive Krypton's explosion? That makes no sense.

Cyborg is a good Justice League member, because he is a POC, a teenager, and a tech expert all in one.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Cyborg is a good Justice League member, because he is a POC, a teenager, and a tech expert all in one.
    This is an old topic so I guess there isn't much point in me bringing back used arguments, but honestly, I just don't see the appeal of him on that team. In the Teen Titans he felt like the big dog, but in the Justice League he is just one among them. It's like when they took Beast off the X-men and had him in the Avengers. He's a fine enough character, but he stood out in particular as the big brother of his family.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Jor-El should've stayed dead in the Bendis Superman run. Why did he survive Krypton's explosion? That makes no sense.
    His survival was Johns story as part of the clues that something's wrong in the timeline during Rebirth but yeah his role should be done after that since Bendis story for Jor-El apparently doesn't match where Johns left him and now the timeline has been realigned

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Bendis should have a better sense of continuity, then.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

He failed the JL the short and underrated Priest/Woods run that came between Hitch’s and Snyder’s. Recommended.

Bendis should have a better sense of continuity, then.
    It's not like there was anything good to ruin about that subplot Geoff Johns wrote around Mr Oz

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's not like there was anything good to ruin about that subplot Geoff Johns wrote around Mr Oz
    Not Johns's subplot, but Jon Kent was aged up because he went with grandpapa who should not be there.

Although they'll find a way to do that anyway even if he's not there...