Page 260 of 333 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4987
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    If DC did another reboot, I would replace Lynn with Katana as Black Lightning’s primary love interest and keep Anissa and Jennifer but as their kids. the maseo stuff happens as part of her origin, she moved passed it and became Katana, they meet on Outsiders, get married and have Jen and Anissa.
    I do feel like in recent comics their chemistry is pretty high. So would you add her to the Black Lightning family your were talking about in the Africana thread.

Incredible Member

I don't know if this is controversial or true, but I feel like the Justice League has caused the death of the Titans members in more ways than one. Every time an event happens with the Justice League that they caused or were apart of resulted in Titans members getting killed Elseworld and main continuity. It's weird when they want to disband the Titans because it's too dangerous for them, but Justice League heroes and Villains accidently or purposely murder Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I don't know if this is controversial or true, but I feel like the Justice League has caused the death of the Titans members in more ways than one. Every time an event happens with the Justice League that they caused or were apart of resulted in Titans members getting killed Elseworld and main continuity. It's weird when they want to disband the Titans because it's too dangerous for them, but Justice League heroes and Villains accidently or purposely murder Titans.
    Even more weird when it's a continuity where the big three had something in their teens that lead them to become super heroes. A mentor role makes perfect sense. The too dangerous thing ? NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by shockingjustice View Post
    i don't know if this is controversial or true, but i feel like the justice league has caused the death of the titans members in more ways than one. Every time an event happens with the justice league that they caused or were apart of resulted in titans members getting killed elseworld and main continuity. It's weird when they want to disband the titans because it's too dangerous for them, but justice league heroes and villains accidently or purposely murder titans.
    i'm gonna kill you to prove this job is too dangerous for you!!!!!!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    i'm gonna kill you to prove this job is too dangerous for you!!!!!!!
    Well, it would sort of prove that rather well...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, it would sort of prove that rather well...
    Kind of a moot point though. Then there's when Barbara Gordon showed pics of Stephanie brown's autopsy(later revealed to be fakes) to Charlotte Gage-Radcliffe in order to convince Charlie to stop being Batgirl... well that only sort of worked since Charlie did nothing but change codename and costume.

I don't really care about Power Girl. There was a time when the shoe was on the other foot and I didn't care about Supergirl, but either way despite their differences in personality I think they're largely redundant and DC should only have one per universe.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Not sure if this is controversial, but I think in YJ's season 3, Dick and Barbara are the most unlikable assholes among the good guys, and when Batman told Dick "You command more respect than you realize", I found that to be pretty undeserving after the bullshit he pulled in that season and the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Not sure if this is controversial, but I think in YJ's season 3, Dick and Barbara are the most unlikable assholes among the good guys, and when Batman told Dick "You command more respect than you realize", I found that to be pretty undeserving after the bullshit he pulled in that season and the previous one.
    I don't see how what he did in either of those seasons is so egregious. The second season plan was questionable but the issues could have been avoided if M'Gann wasn't abusing her powers. And everything Dick did in season 4 was under orders from Batman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I don't really care about Power Girl. There was a time when the shoe was on the other foot and I didn't care about Supergirl, but either way despite their differences in personality I think they're largely redundant and DC should only have one per universe.
    I kind of agree. I don't have anything against the character, but she's sort of a victim of the shared Clutter Earth torpedoing her premise. We already have a cousin from Krypton for Superman to interact with and they don't even always know what to do with her, let alone an alternate version of her that's older.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't see how what he did in either of those seasons is so egregious. The second season plan was questionable but the issues could have been avoided if M'Gann wasn't abusing her powers.
    I mean, M'Gann abused her powers because as far as she knew, Kaldur'ahm was a murderer, Dick only decided to tell the Team where to rescue the kidnapped kids but not anything else, it's still her fault for doing such a brutal mind blast, but he also wasn't honest enough to prevent such a situation.

The problem with both seasons is that both times he thought it was a great idea to lie to his friends to try to manipulate the Light, bad enough he did it once, but then he repeats it in season 3, and this is the same guy who was pissed at the League for keeping secrets from him in season 1, and also said he doesn't want to be like Batman, only to grow up and start to do the same things, so he's a hypocrite on top of that.

Kaldur'ahm has similar problems, but at least he's the boring, pragmatic type, so him repeating the "lie to everyone to manipulate The Light" works better, since the season 2 plan did work well enough, but Dick is more of an emotional character to the point he was having doubts about doing all of that bullshit in season 2, then he repeats in season 3 without a care lol.

And everything Dick did in season 4 was under orders from Batman.
    So what? Dick is not a puppet, he has shown that he will disobey Batman if he doesn't agree with his methods, and again, even said he doesn't want to be like Batman, which Batman even thinks it's better for him.

This "orders from Batman" **** is why I also think Barbara is an unlikable *******, 'cause that lil' speech she gave about Batman making the anti-Light team be composed of a bunch of yes-men, with Diana being in space and not being as involved in the plans, is bullshit, 'cause while in theory the group has a bunch of yes-men, the only one who really fits that category is Tim and maybe Barbara herself, Kaldur'ahm, M'Gann, and Dick have shown they'll disobey Batman if they don't agree with him, and trying to say M'Gann and Kaldur'ahm are his protegés is questionable, not to mention that everyone there are thinking adults, not puppets, so even Tim and Barbara should be able to think "Maybe we shouldn't do this".

Not that I'm defending Batman that much, he's a piece of **** for coming up with Anti-Light that tries to have a bunch of yes-men, but Barbara talks like he's more at fault for Anti-Light's decisions because of that, because having a bunch of protegés (Even though M'Gann and Kaldur'ahm are there) means that just because they're used to his methods means they'll always agree, meaning that Anti-Light is essentially controlled by him (Ignoring that Dick had disobeyed Batman before, and everyone there are adults capable of thinking), almost like she's deflecting the blame, which's amazing she managed to sound like she's deflecting blame soon after she says she's not doing so lol.

So yeah, short version, I find it annoying how Dick is a hypocrite by doing things he said he wouldn't do, who's also repeating his mistakes when he knows how destructive lying like that can be, and that Barbara talks like Batman should take more blame than the rest, which, to a certain extent he should, it's not to the point where she talks like Anti-Light's actions are mostly his fault.

And it sounds like this opinion really is controversial .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, M'Gann abused her powers because as far as she knew, Kaldur'ahm was a murderer, Dick only decided to tell the Team where to rescue the kidnapped kids but not anything else, it's still her fault for doing such a brutal mind blast, but he also wasn't honest enough to prevent such a situation.
    Such a situation requires both the deception of Kaldur joining the Light and M'Gann abusing her powers to happen. And she had been doing this long before she did that to Kaldur. If Dick had been aware of it, he would have either told her of the plan or kept her away from the mission. Whatever you can say about Dick, he makes it clear he does not tolerate those who carelessly put teammates in danger as seen with Arsenal. M'Gann is as much as fault here as Dick is.

Kaldur'ahm has similar problems, but at least he's the boring, pragmatic type, so him repeating the "lie to everyone to manipulate The Light" works better, since the season 2 plan did work well enough, but Dick is more of an emotional character to the point he was having doubts about doing all of that bullshit in season 2, then he repeats in season 3 without a care lol.
    You said so yourself, it worked in season 2, barring a few hiccups. Dick is emotional, but he also tries to be a pragmatist as well. When he said he didn't want to be like Batman, he was younger and more naive about what being a leader was like. Also, who said he did it without a care?

So what? Dick is not a puppet, he has shown that he will disobey Batman if he doesn't agree with his methods, and again, even said he doesn't want to be like Batman, which Batman even thinks it's better for him.
    Dick is also Batman's son. It isn't exactly easy to say no to him.

This "orders from Batman" **** is why I also think Barbara is an unlikable *******, 'cause that lil' speech she gave about Batman making the anti-Light team be composed of a bunch of yes-men, with Diana being in space and not being as involved in the plans, is bullshit, 'cause while in theory the group has a bunch of yes-men, the only one who really fits that category is Tim and maybe Barbara herself.
    As well as Spoiler, Orphan, Green Arrow and Arrowette.

Do you really think Batman of all people wouldn't create a team of people he knows aren't mostly loyal to him?

Kaldur'ahm, M'Gann, and Dick have shown they'll disobey Batman if they don't agree with him,
    "If" being the key word here.

and trying to say M'Gann and Kaldur'ahm are his protegés is questionable

Pretty sure she didn't use the word protegé but even then, these are people that did work with Batman closely when he coordinated their missions in season 1 so they are used to taking orders from him.

not to mention that everyone there are thinking adults, not puppets, so even Tim and Barbara should be able to think "Maybe we shouldn't do this".
    Tim's not an adult.

The issue here is you're looking at this in a black and white view. The anti-Light team aren't puppets but they are people who have worked closely with Batman and are more used to following his orders. They were kids when they served under him and are more easily swayed to his way of thinking than adults, which is what Barbara was talking about.

So yeah, Bruce should take more blame for this when it was all his idea in the first place and he's the one calling the shots, using people he knows won't say no to him. No it doesn't totally let them all of the hook, but they are not solely to blame for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I liked the glimpse of Peege I got in the Huntress/Peege backups in WoWo. Then Crisis happened and the JLE and I came to LOVE her. She was a fave! And it was great to witness her go all Power Girl under Randal Scott's pencils.

I recognize that this era is gone and most of the deaths in Crisis have by now been undone. So Supergirl is it. Unfortunately I rarely like Supergirl.

Still I accept that this particular Peege is gone and I am looking forward to watching to learning about the new Peege or Powerhouse should they change it. I hope to be able to witness her develop powers fitting of her codename
    Last edited by Stanlos; 11-24-2021 at 12:18 AM.

My controversial opinion is that I like Zatanna/Constantine ship. *goes to hide*

BUT, I wish that writers would commit to either get them together for some significant time, or to keep them strictly as friends/exes, without this weird thing they have had for a long time when they are not together but act like they still have romantic feelings for each other and might get together at some point in the future. Just stop teasing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Such a situation requires both the deception of Kaldur joining the Light and M'Gann abusing her powers to happen. And she had been doing this long before she did that to Kaldur. If Dick had been aware of it, he would have either told her of the plan or kept her away from the mission. Whatever you can say about Dick, he makes it clear he does not tolerate those who carelessly put teammates in danger as seen with Arsenal. M'Gann is as much as fault here as Dick is.
    Kinda ironic he doesn't tolerate someone putting the teammates in danger then goes and does the same thing, in the same season even.

And M'Gann is more at fault than Dick is, thinking that Kaldur'ahm is a murderer or not, she willingly decided to brain blast him in a way he was left braindead afterwards, and she definitely knew that would happen, my point is that if Dick was more honest about the situation, that wouldn't have happened.

You said so yourself, it worked in season 2, barring a few hiccups. Dick is emotional, but he also tries to be a pragmatist as well.
    That "pragmatism" almost got Dick himself killed when Kaldur'ahm bombed the base, season 2 itself has examples about how dangerous lying like that can be, which he learned very directly from it.

When he said he didn't want to be like Batman, he was younger and more naive about what being a leader was like.
    When he said that, he learned the kind of sacrifices being a leader meant (Since he said that because everyone died in that simulation), which's why he said he doesn't want to be like Batman, so he was hardly being naíve there, so him learning the kind of person Batman is, deciding to not be like him, then start to act more like Batman when getting older with Season 2 having him clearly not happy with it, and season 3 having him not learning anything, yeah...

Also, who said he did it without a care?
    When Diana asked the rest of anti-Light if they were willing to lie, he didn't react (The camera focused on him and Kaldur'ahm after that was asked), and considering how clearly conflicted he was in season 2, the lack of reaction in season 3 is noticeable.

Dick is also Batman's son. It isn't exactly easy to say no to him.
    Cool, he can still say "No", and has disobeyed his direct orders more than once, the series fucking starts with him doing so lol.

As well as Spoiler, Orphan, Green Arrow and Arrowette.
    They aren't part of anti-light.

Do you really think Batman of all people wouldn't create a team of people he knows aren't mostly loyal to him?
    Of course he would, my whole point about Barbara is how she talks like she's deflecting blame.

Pretty sure she didn't use the word protegé
    She did.

Tim's not an adult.
    Hm... Decided to confirm here, he was born in 2001 and I think season 3 takes place in either 2018 or 2019, so yeah, my bad, thought he was in his 20's already.

The issue here is you're looking at this in a black and white view. The anti-Light team aren't puppets but they are people who have worked closely with Batman and are more used to following his orders. They were kids when they served under him and are more easily swayed to his way of thinking than adults, which is what Barbara was talking about.
    Yeah, I get that's what she's saying, but her point is bullshit if you notice how the characters casually disobeyed him more than once, again, the series debutted with this happening (Minus M'Gann since she wasn't there), and hell, back in season 1, the League was trying to find Red Tornado for weeks, the Team had enough of it, decided to investigate on their own and they found him, within a day even.

So even though Dick is his protegé and had to put up with Batman the longest, he still disobeyed the guy if he felt like his orders weren't worth it.

So yeah, Bruce should take more blame for this when it was all his idea in the first place and he's the one calling the shots, using people he knows won't say no to him. No it doesn't totally let them all of the hook, but they are not solely to blame for it.
    Bruce is the bigger piece of **** there, it's just ridiculous for Barbara to talk like her and the rest are so used to his ways they don't say no, when Dick, M'Gann and Kaldur'ahm have done so, and more often than not, disobeying him (Or the League in general) was even the better result.