Page 206 of 332 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4968
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Why not? There are about 3 Flashes and nearly 10 green lanterns, what’s a second Batman.
    It's not like its the first time either. Both Bruce and Terry lead their own separate Bat books simultaneously for most of the 2010s, don't see why Bruce and Jace couldn't do the same.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It's not like its the first time either. Both Bruce and Terry lead their own separate Bat books simultaneously for most of the 2010s, don't see why Bruce and Jace couldn't do the same.
    But Terry was in a potential future setting.

I kind of doubt that DC is going to have more than one Batman (and the same goes for Wonder Woman and Superman) in the main continuity on the long run.

And I have in general not the feeling that there is really that much excitement for this character.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That's debatable imo. There are runs where Dick in acting very Batman like, for example Outsiders but iirc also at certain parts of NTT (stuff like him kicking Danny Chase of the team for example).

If you compare the actual stories, I would claim that Jason is actually the nicest team leader.

Jason isn't a leader though. He might be nice to his two pals but I don't recall one story where Jason has ever ben called upon to rally people. I don't recall any time any group ever looked to Jason for inspiration.

That's the type of character Jason is. Dick I also don't recall any fans saying that the DCU ever looked to Dick for leadership. Dick is often called the heart of the DU because of his connections and how long he has been around. He was part of the original trinity, he started the SC's 1st teen/sidekicks team, He was a part of Spyral.

He has vast long reaching connections so I guess in that way if something happened he could use his connections and the diverse relationships/acquaintances he has developed over his 81 year span to rally a most of the hero community.

He isn't a symbol like Cap or Superman but if he called for aid every single hero in the DCU will take that call simply because of how much he is connected to the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The only TT team I see Damian working with is a team where the other characters don't tolerate his antics or blindly go along with his whims.
    You must have loved Percy's run. BB bullied him constantly, tried multiple times to get Raven and Kori to mutiny then Raven and BB turned on him and joined evil Tim's plan to kill Jon Kent.

They didn't tolerate his antics and they didn't go along with his whims.

Glass TT they didn't tolerate him either. Crush physically attacked him multiple times, the whole team disliked him and threw him under the bus in the end. He was blamed for what they all did. Physically he was the weakest so it wasn't like they were scared.

Damain has never been on a TT where other's tolerated his antics or went along blindly. Can you give me some examples? Damian on the TT is always treated as the outsider, the square and disliked. They call him out constantly or make fun of him.

Extraordinary Member

I was not speaking about Dicks leader ship skills, but about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    he is more open emotionally, more empathetic, less of a control freak and more trusting of people.
    And honestly that's not really the case.
    If you have Dick on a team book you never really have him hang out and have fun with the rest of the team (at best with very few members he is close with, which is basically just Donna, Kory, Wally and Roy).

He might not be as bad as Batman but among the titans he is probably one of the least emotionally open and empathetic. The heart of the Titans is usually Donna not Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm not particularly a GA fan to begin with but, out of curiosity, what about it would say requires ground up reinvetion?

I probably worded it too strongly and I'm not saying it can't be both, it just seems the ones I've come across are just more upset their favorite lost the title but use Babs no longer being paralyzed as way to make their personal tastes into an objective argument.
    I mean most fans will use politics to mask their entitlment. Cass fans blast DC for mistreating an Asian character while at the same time making very racist comments about Damian since his tournament arc was announced then switching to he's not Asian when the Asian Anthology was announced

Fandoms are toxic and entitled often choosing to attack characters that they saa as obstacles for something they want for their own favs. They are very biased.

Babs fans using her ability to walk to discredit Oracle does have some merit due to Oracle being a mantle associated to a disabled character.

Fans should focus their energy on the ones that really are to blame. DC. Babs is currently Oracle and Batgirl with a movie announced so I'm not sure why her fans are upset. The ones getting screwed is Cass.

Steph is coming to Batwoman likely as the shows batgirl leaving Cass as the only one to wear that mantle still unknown to the wider public.

DC is trying to eat their cake and have it while the faqns are wasting their efforts hating on character's/ fans of characters they see as obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I was not speaking about Dicks leader ship skills, but about this:

And honestly that's not really the case.
    If you have Dick on a team book you never really have him hang out and have fun with the rest of the team (at best with very few members he is close with, which is basically just Donna, Kory, Wally and Roy).

He might not be as bad as Batman but among the titans he is probably one of the least emotionally open and empathetic. The heart of the Titans is usually Donna not Dick.
    Dick is more Open and everything else @venus said though.

Leadership isn't about hanging out. A good leader can still have a good relationship with their team without hanging out.

Leadership also isn't about Heart. I called Dick the heart of the DCU but I don't in anyway consider him the leader or a Symbol of it's hero community.

That would be Superman.

I feel DC wasted their 1st fully diverse teen team by making them a bunch of unlikeable characters that enforced negative racial and anti-LGBTq stereotypes.

But that was last year. Fingers crossed this time they are super serious about supporting inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I feel DC wasted their 1st fully diverse teen team by making them a bunch of unlikeable characters that enforced negative racial and anti-LGBTq stereotypes.

But that was last year. Fingers crossed this time they are super serious about supporting inclusion.
    Which team are you talking about?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Why not? There are about 3 Flashes and nearly 10 green lanterns, what’s a second Batman.
    People love Batman Beyond and wanted Bruce/Dick to be Batmen concurrently so I don't see why it can't happen. The market will decide for itself if that's sustainable. Give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    People love Batman Beyond and wanted Bruce/Dick to be Batmen concurrently so I don't see why it can't happen. The market will decide for itself if that's sustainable. Give it a shot.
    I know why people wanted Dick to still be Batman but that just never seemed sustainable to me from a storytelling perspective because of just how the identity works. Ditto Batman Incorporated.

I'm just not really sure what they're going to do with Jace because it feels like he just needs to be really off to his side and isolated as a Batman so he doesn't get involved in anything Bruce does. He's not even going to get to take over the identity and get to play around with it solo in the current continuity, so he really is just this second guy using the name for his own purposes and would probably seem redundant any time Bruce is around him. Part of why Miles' inception worked wasn't because he was taking over from an already existing hero but because his Peter Parker was dead so he could be a solo Spider-Man.

But that's just my take.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know why people wanted Dick to still be Batman but that just never seemed sustainable to me from a storytelling perspective because of just how the identity works. Ditto Batman Incorporated.

I'm just not really sure what they're going to do with Jace because it feels like he just needs to be really off to his side and isolated as a Batman so he doesn't get involved in anything Bruce does. He's not even going to get to take over the identity and get to play around with it solo in the current continuity, so he really is just this second guy using the name for his own purposes and would probably seem redundant any time Bruce is around him. Part of why Miles' inception worked wasn't because he was taking over from an already existing hero but because his Peter Parker was dead so he could be a solo Spider-Man.

But that's just my take.
    I don't think it will work long-form either, but I also think it's worth trying. The market has been shown to embrace it at least momentarily and DC demures before they can see what legs the idea has.

Batman is Bruce Wayne to this reader. I loved DickBats but I don't want that forever. I don't see Terry or Jace changing my mind, but I think it's something worth trying. Lord knows they're doing it with Superman right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He might be talking about "The Revolutionaries" introduced in Tom Taylor's Suicide Squad from 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It kind of sounds like marvel’s weird new warriors that they announced and didn’t release.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't think it will work long-form either, but I also think it's worth trying. The market has been shown to embrace it at least momentarily and DC demures before they can see what legs the idea has.

Batman is Bruce Wayne to this reader. I loved DickBats but I don't want that forever. I don't see Terry or Jace changing my mind, but I think it's something worth trying. Lord knows they're doing it with Superman right now.
    I just feel like Jace was better off as the Future State Batman because that was, basically, his time to shine as Batman with Bruce more or less out of the picture/spotlight and that being what the whole status quo's premise was about instead of trying to re-work him to work in the main continuity where Bruce will perpetually be in his prime.

Just like I just don't see the point of making an 18-year old Superman.