Page 263 of 333 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4987

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    That's not a Batgod problem all comic book characters do it. How does Clark Kent have time to be a fulltime journalist AND go off for space adventures as Superman? Same with Barry Allen and every other hero with a job. Bruce was able to learn multiple skills in a short amount of time because he's a superhero. Same way a Reed Richards can somehow master every science known to man plus some alien ones when irl it takes years to simply master 2 different fields of science.

Mr. Terrific is an Olympic level athlete with multiple black belts on top of his multiple Phd's, just 1 of those is not something anyone could accomplish in a single lifetime let alone all of them. It takes years of single minded focus in that area to get to that level, yet he did them all. As Agent Z said what if Bruce and Zatanna simply met and were attracted to each other? Doesn't have to go any deeper than that.

I think you're so against Batman for the Batgod stuff that's why you're against the idea of them being together. Not because you think it doesn't make sense but because you can't stand "Batgod."
    Enh, I see it as a bigger problem for Batman since a lot of Clark's journalism can be hand waved with speed typing. He doesn't actually spend 5-6 hours a day writing articles.

Also Michael Holt has superhuman intelligence as a power. Getting multiple PHDs is relatively easy for him to do.

Batman... does neither of those.

DC is sleeping on Zatara

Extraordinary Member

Mr. Terrific is known as the "third-smartest man on Earth." And nothing on his wikipedia page alludes to him having superhuman intelligence, just "a natural aptitude for having natural aptitudes," which couldn't be more vague if they tried. If he's really only known as the "third-smartest man on Earth" his superhuman intelligence must be pretty weak.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

I hate it when mere humans, like Lex, can understand and make work Kryptonian or indeed any other highly advanced alien tech. That stuff requires hundreds or thousands of years of other people developing principles even the DCU Earth doesn't seem to have. Make them the smartest humans on Earth, but come on, matching wits with an alien with a brain that's been evolved and perhaps engineered over perhaps millions or even billions of years...

Karen is fine being a alternate reality Supergirl.she is the older, more brash, and confident Kara. She runs companies, and runs with multiverse teams and the JSA.

Kara is the younger,she lived on krypton for most of her life and feels awkward on our planet. I can see her trying her best to fit in with us and spend time with her family. I like the idea of her living on the moon with all kinds of alien species. Runs with space teams and future Legion teams.

Lex or Bruce shouldn't be able to outsmart a super advanced species like kryptonians, but its comics so they let it happen,to prove us humans can be just as good or better than any body else out there.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I think it's time to retcon Power Girl to be from the main Krypton, and either another cousin of Superman's, but older and more experienced and skilled than SG, or simply an older sister of Kal, presumed lost on an exploration mission, held young by proximity to a black hole. That is the only way DC or WB will ever accept her as a viable character, I'm afraid.
    I like keeping the E-2 origin but I think it should be her choice to stay on E-1 instead of her being a refugee or being trapped there. This also opens up the door to E-2 Superman showing up once in a while. So she can go back to E-2 whenever she wants but just wants to live on E-1.
    Assassinate Putin!

I think DC could really benefit by using Crime Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh, I see it as a bigger problem for Batman since a lot of Clark's journalism can be hand waved with speed typing. He doesn't actually spend 5-6 hours a day writing articles.

Also Michael Holt has superhuman intelligence as a power. Getting multiple PHDs is relatively easy for him to do.

Batman... does neither of those.
    I don't know where you heard about Michael's superhuman intelligence but he definitely doesn't have that, just a "natural aptitude for learning" as phonogram12 pointed out. Just like Bruce he's an unnaturally smart and athletically gifted regular human. His PhD's were easy for him because the writers want to show how smart he is. Same as Bruce unrealistically getting so many advanced skills in such a short time.

There really is no difference in the way they achieved so many difficult accolades in such a short amount of time. If you have a problem with Bruce in that regard you should have a problem with Mr. Terrific too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I like keeping the E-2 origin but I think it should be her choice to stay on E-1 instead of her being a refugee or being trapped there. This also opens up the door to E-2 Superman showing up once in a while. So she can go back to E-2 whenever she wants but just wants to live on E-1.
    My problem is that Earth 2 seems to be the DCU's ghetto where properties go to die or fade away. Multiverse notwithstanding, the main DCU Earth seems to be where DC wants to concentrate.

Honestly, who do you think DC would be more interested in, someone they consider to be an inferior copy of Supergirl as they've demonstrated time and again, or another El entirely, perhaps Superman's older sister and explorer? Supergirl's real name in Kryptonian might well be both spelled, (in Kryptonian), differently than PG's, (I prefer Kar-Ah for PG), and Care-Uh for SG.

And visually, if you need to give PG some sort of "S" logo somewhere on her costume, (belt buckle?), recall from heraldry that younger sons often inherited a similar device to the one the father gives to the oldest son on his death...but the younger son often has a different color scheme....so IF you put an "S" on PG again, it doesn't have to be in the same colors as SM and SG. Her blue for example could carry over to the outline of the shield. Just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    My problem is that Earth 2 seems to be the DCU's ghetto where properties go to die or fade away. Multiverse notwithstanding, the main DCU Earth seems to be where DC wants to concentrate...
    Ah, you kids!

Back in the OLD (pre-CoIE) days, "Earth-2" / "Earth-Two" (which were alternate ways of writing the same thing / same Earth) was merely the Earth where all the old Golden Age stories actually happened. It wasn't a "ghetto" where things / characters were sent to. It was the Earth where the JSA was.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Ah, you kids!

Back in the OLD (pre-CoIE) days, "Earth-2" / "Earth-Two" (which were alternate ways of writing the same thing / same Earth) was merely the Earth where all the old Golden Age stories actually happened. It wasn't a "ghetto" where things / characters were sent to. It was the Earth where the JSA was.
    Those old days died a long time ago, Major. Since '86, it's largely been used as a trash bin to screw around with. It's been nearly 40 years. It's time to look at current trends when discussing how DC treats it's IP.

I say keep Karen from Earth-2. It gives her a unique perspective to Clark and Kara as well as her own niche. Moreover, that she lost so much and generally tries to stay positive and has such sass to her speaks volumes of her resilience.

I don't think she needs to change. She works great as-is. DC just need to use her more.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Those old days died a long time ago, Major.
    Oh, I'm well aware of that.

Probably why I buy less and less regular DC titles these days . . .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, I'm well aware of that.

Probably why I buy less and less regular DC titles these days . . .
    As always, I hope the next iteration of the JSA gives you something you enjoy as well because despite our disagreements at times, your passion for them is unimpeachable.

I love them too. I desperately hope we get news about their return within the quarter.

I hope, but don't expect.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The pre-Crisis continuity is more stable than the modern day continuity. Defeating the purpose of COIE.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The pre-Crisis continuity is more stable than the modern day continuity. Defeating the purpose of COIE.
    I also believe this is true, though as someone who wasn't there prior to 1986, I can only judge based on The Vibes of old books, and not actual memories.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."