Page 136 of 333 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 4987
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What I've read of the Glass run (first two trades) seems pretty solid beyond the "kids distrusting and hating adults" thing.

By TTGo!, we're talking about the cartoon, not the J. Torres comic adaption of the original cartoon, right?
    I'm talking about The TT Go cartoon. Comics shouldn't go full meme stupidity like the cartoon( though I'd probably prefer meme comedy over the constant stream of grimdark stories we've seen from DC comics recently)but the Titans/ TT franchise has been serious and dark for years without much success.

Maybe going in the opposite direction would help.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm talking about The TT Go cartoon. Comics shouldn't go full meme stupidity like the cartoon( though I'd probably prefer meme comedy over the constant stream of grimdark stories we've seen from DC comics recently)but the Titans/ TT franchise has been serious and dark for years without much success.

I'd be fine with a lighter and more fun Teen Titans. I kinda felt like that was what Percy was going for pre-Lazarus Contract.

Extraordinary Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dgmLYtDvAa4

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I know they intended this episode as a way to call out people who have problems with the show, but the argument applies to the current state of DC comics.

Darker, edgier and serious stories are not always good, but a certain portion of the fanbase will eat it up anyways because grimdark= mature in their minds.

I know they intended this episode as a way to call out people who have problems with the show, but the argument applies to the current state of DC comics.

Darker, edgier and serious stories are not always good, but a certain portion of the fanbase will eat it up anyways because grimdark= mature in their minds.
    It's just kind of funny to me when I feel like the original Teen Titans cartoon did a good job of balancing tones, only for the TTGo! versions to treat them like they're the "serious" ones just because their show had stakes and darker stories mixed in with the fun stuff.

Maybe if people bought lighter comics DC wouldn't keep putting out darker stuff. As much as we complain about it, DC wouldn't make grimdark comics if they didn't make money.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe if people bought lighter comics DC wouldn't keep putting out darker stuff. As much as we complain about it, DC wouldn't make grimdark comics if they didn't make money.
    Or they are doing a balancing act between people who want something different/new and people who want something familiar, regardless of the tone.only, the former is important due to shrinking market.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

A lot of the Bronze Age pre-Crisis books were better before Crisis. Destroying the multiverse ruined more than it fixed.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    A lot of the Bronze Age pre-Crisis books were better before Crisis. Destroying the multiverse ruined more than it fixed.
    Yeah, you're not going to find that regarded as very controversial around here. Some may disagree with you, but a bunch don't.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, you're not going to find that regarded as very controversial around here. Some may disagree with you, but a bunch don't.
    Agreed. It's not like the writing was that good outside of a handful of books (Swamp Thing, NTT, Legion), but that proves the mythos wasn't the problem, just the writers.

Even reading those, it's refreshing how easy continuity is to understand in them vs. what came after.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just kind of funny to me when I feel like the original Teen Titans cartoon did a good job of balancing tones, only for the TTGo! versions to treat them like they're the "serious" ones just because their show had stakes and darker stories mixed in with the fun stuff.
    I'd agree with that. honestly I hated the original Teen Titans cartoons BECAUSE of the stupid goofy anime crap in there. I was downright despondent when TTG showed up by being ONLY what i hated in the original... if anything Young Justice season one was what i wanted from TT show. Mostly serious, a little comedy, nothing goofy and silly... For that I'll watch Looney Tunes. But yeah... to forget that was actually a big part of TT original run is just... wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It is Mister Terrific's 23 anniversary...

The Michael Holt version

Would be nice if DC would acknowledge a POC's anniversary.
    meh... 20th maybe, 25th maybe... but 23rd? That would just feel like pandering. It would also feel pretty insecure if they arent' doing something with the character. Wasn't the Terrifics on the list of things going digital only? Hard to celebrate a character they aren't doing anything with.

Incredible Member

This. They keep trying to do some more bright and breezy books but no one shows up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    This. They keep trying to do some more bright and breezy books but no one shows up.
    Bright and Breezy rarelu star Batman and his entitlement friends.

DC does still publish all ages comics .
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'd agree with that. honestly I hated the original Teen Titans cartoons BECAUSE of the stupid goofy anime crap in there. I was downright despondent when TTG showed up by being ONLY what i hated in the original... if anything Young Justice season one was what i wanted from TT show. Mostly serious, a little comedy, nothing goofy and silly... For that I'll watch Looney Tunes. But yeah... to forget that was actually a big part of TT original run is just... wrong...
    I think both the TT approach and the YJ approach are valid in there own way, but the original TT is definitely more fun then current YJ.

Incredible Member

Catwoman can be bright and breezy - sometimes shes good sometimes bad often inbetween, sometimes its a serious story sometimes its a light story. Its a mix i enjoy.

Batmans unrelenting gloom (imo) does my head in but i enjoy the larger world of gotham and theres a lighter book for me.

Im sure others enjoy Harley quinn in the same way.

If there was enough people who enjoyed brighter books then i wouldnt have a stack of short lived and cancelled series. If you enjoy the style the characters dont matter but its just a minority market at the minute and thats life
    Last edited by iron chimp; 06-03-2020 at 04:48 PM.