Page 47 of 333 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You were the one who brought up her being an Amazon as a reason for your view of her strength level. If she's written as girl Hercules they are doing it wrong.

J'onn's unique powers get jobbed all the time. Remember when he tried to re-writer Joker's brain and failed?

That is most certainly not the case in the DCU. We've seen kids portrayed as being far more skilled than adults. Billy's age shouldn't age shouldn't be a factor is a competition between him and Clark.

Actually if you reread my paragraph it says her strength comes from Zeus, just like Hercules, and being a Amazon should still matter, as in fighting skill. Yes I didn't write it out perfectly for u, but it was Easily implied.

Jonn, like everyone else jobs to joker, or any batgod character, you know this, try again.

Billy is NOT Damian, he isn't genetically made to be perfect or trained from birth to be the best like he was, do again, try again

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    And what these other posters are forgetting conveniently is that the flash and batman are not just 1 trick ponies either. Flash can do just about anything and batman is batgod
    Yup.

I have no problem with Superman being the strongest, whether he has other powers or not. There are all these double standards that fans, creators, etc. have with Superman that they don't for other characters.

Boisterously Confused

A device that works by imagination/concentration producing an effect like this...
    Image.jpg
    ...makes a lot more sense than producing an effect like that...
    Image.jpg

Actually if you reread my paragraph it says her strength comes from Zeus, just like Hercules, and being a Amazon should still matter, as in fighting skill. Yes I didn't write it out perfectly for u, but it was Easily implied.
    Her strength doesn’t even come from Zeus now. It’s blessings bestowed by all the Olympians.

Jonn, like everyone else jobs to joker, or any batgod character, you know this, try again.
    You were the one who said Jonn’s telepathy never gets jobbed.

Billy is NOT Damian, he isn't genetically made to be perfect or trained from birth to be the best like he was, do again, try again
    Superhero kids outperform adults without needing to be genetically engineered or trained from birth. Billy has regularly defeated Black Adam who is only older than him but older than Superman as well. If he can beat Adam, there’s no reason why he can’t beat Superman.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-22-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    A device that works by imagination/concentration producing an effect like this...
    Image.jpg
    ...makes a lot more sense than producing an effect like that...
    Image.jpg
    What's the difference exactly?

I thought Rick Vietch/Tommy lee Edwards miniseries on the Question was a good take on the character and wished more was done with it.

Astonishing Member

Jonn can do more things than superman, just not at supermans level when it comes to the powers thet have in common.
    I literally counted out the power differences to you and Superman comes out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm not sure what has been more damaging to Batman: the batgod concept or the Batman is a broken hero who can't save anyone and makes everything worse.
    The fans who over exaggerate both.

Boisterously Confused

What's the difference exactly?
    One is a simple solid, easy to visualize. The other is loaded with moving parts and multiple complex pieces.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 02-22-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcady59 View Post
    The fans who over exaggerate both.
    I'm more inclined to blame the writers who came up with and pushed 'broken, ineffective hero Batman' and 'Batgod' as being more damaging to Batman than the fans.

One is a simple solid, easy to visualize. The other is loaded with moving parts and multiple complex pieces.
    The latter seems more likely for someone with a lot of imagination which is a common characteristic of Green Lanterns.

Boisterously Confused

The latter seems more likely for someone with a lot of imagination which is a common characteristic of Green Lanterns.
    The ring takes tremendous concentration and focus (willpower) to operate. The more complex the image a GL formulates, the less cognitive resources said GL has left to "push" the image out of the ring. In the heat of combat, you really wouldn't want your ring to "misfire" because you got too fancy.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Isn’t he the guy that literally created his own ring out of pure will? I’m not sure a ring misfire is something he should be that concerned with.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Isn’t he the guy that literally created his own ring out of pure will? I’m not sure a ring misfire is something he should be that concerned with.
    Fair point. Just seems to me that the artists let things get out of hand.

The ring takes tremendous concentration and focus (willpower) to operate. The more complex the image a GL formulates, the less cognitive resources said GL has left to "push" the image out of the ring. In the heat of combat, you really wouldn't want your ring to "misfire" because you got too fancy.
    But you don't have to have a perfect mental image of exactly how a machine gun or a jet plane works in order to make one with a power ring. You only need the mental image of a machine gun or a jet plane and the will to work the ring. I could see it being a problem for someone like Cyborg if he were to try and make something new with his like, DCYou powers of technopathy, who might have to know all the moving parts of a device in order to physically construct one on the fly out of his body or a nearby device, but a GL ring doesn't require you to know the details, the ring itself does all that work.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."