Page 114 of 333 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 4987

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't know... Nightwing gets amnesia and forgets his past as Robin and has to make his way without his history sounds pretty intriguing to me. All leading up to the inevitable 'realizes who he is and what makes Nightwing 'nightwing'.... If anything it's a little cliché, but for a good reason. The pitch isn't bad. The execution sucked, but I can see from a business perspective what the idea was.

Pretty much the same deconstructive concept that Knightfall was. Break the character down and replace him with someone/something unlikable, to remind the world why the main character is an icon in the first place.
    Conceptually, the idea isnt bad, it's just over-done. And with the Grayson series still fresh in everyone's minds it's not a surprise that DC tried another big departure with the character. But it's not the creative stuff I take issue with (I mean, Ric has been awful from what I've seen, but that's just how it goes sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I did see the animated series and enjoyed most of what I saw. But the 5 minute timer really bogged it down. Plus it was all erased anyway when her Grandmother saved her family (which honestly can't blame her for wanting to save her children) and gave Mari's New Existent sister, who was mad at Mari because their mother abandoned her ????, the totem instead.
    I didnt watch it until it was on blu-ray (my daughter saw it at Target and had to have it), so the run time wasn't a problem for me, though I can imagine it was annoying asf watching it as each episode came out. And I stopped watching the CW long ago, so I had no idea anything had been erased until long after the fact. Still, on its own, it's not a bad show at all and could easily be the ground floor of a proper mythos for Vixen.

Since I don't watch the CW and the art styles are close, I just pretend in my head that it's part of the Young Justice universe.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Additionally: I firmly believe that Babs was never a side-kick. Batgirl was a name inspired by Batman, but not designed to work 'beneath' him--Babs has her own way of doing things and that, to her, puts the people of Gotham at the front and centre.
    I am so much more a fan of the pre-COIE route, and was so annoyed at Barbara being made a protege/trainee of Batman later.

Fact: Superman has the best costume in comics. With or without trunks.

The primary colors, the design, the flowing red cape in contrast with the rich, deep blue and the details in bright yellow is just.. so stunning. It's one of the reasons why he's awesome to watch.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Conceptually, the idea isnt bad, it's just over-done. And with the Grayson series still fresh in everyone's minds it's not a surprise that DC tried another big departure with the character. But it's not the creative stuff I take issue with (I mean, Ric has been awful from what I've seen, but that's just how it goes sometimes).

I didnt watch it until it was on blu-ray (my daughter saw it at Target and had to have it), so the run time wasn't a problem for me, though I can imagine it was annoying asf watching it as each episode came out. And I stopped watching the CW long ago, so I had no idea anything had been erased until long after the fact. Still, on its own, it's not a bad show at all and could easily be the ground floor of a proper mythos for Vixen.

Since I don't watch the CW and the art styles are close, I just pretend in my head that it's part of the Young Justice universe.
    That actually reminds me of one of my hottest DC takes: I really don't care for the art style for Young Justice or the movies that share it. Never looked that appealing to me.

I fully expect to be walked in the streets and shamed for voicing such heresy, but I embrace my fate.

Agreed. Well, I like Damian (hated him at first but he won me over) so I'd be interested in a book with him anyway, but Robin on its own is big enough to support and book, and has.
    I liked Damian at first, and then after Dickbats ended, I started to slowly dislike Damian more and more over time. Now I kind of hate him. Wild.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That actually reminds me of one of my hottest DC takes: I really don't care for the art style for Young Justice or the movies that share it. Never looked that appealing to me.

I fully expect to be walked in the streets and shamed for voicing such heresy, but I embrace my fate.
    I mean, I'm not mad....I'm just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I liked Damian at first, and then after Dickbats ended, I started to slowly dislike Damian more and more over time. Now I kind of hate him. Wild.
    Different strokes for different folks, right?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey man, we can't agree on everything. For example when I go to Baskin Robbins, I order two scoops of Living Kents.

Yes, it tastes like corn.
    Last edited by Robanker; 02-08-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Well they keep undoing and rehashing his character development so it’s not surprising. I still like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hey man, we can't agree on everything. For example the I go to Baskin Robbins, I order two scoops of Living Kents.

Yes, it tastes like corn.
    Well, my two scoops of Dead Kents tastes like dusty nostalgia, so I get it.

~ Black Panther.

Well, my two scoops of Dead Kents tastes like dusty nostalgia, so I get it.
    Normally I'd argue we should compromise with a scoop each, but I feel Dusty Corn isn't going to be the new peanut butter and chocolate.

"Nostalgic Corn" would probably make a killing at the State Fair though.

I like Dead Kents too, but I honestly don't think it's that important to Superman one way or another, I think both sides of the argument tend to get too worked up over this one.

I kind of don't like the Green Lantern that much? There's a tons of cool ideas, but the lore gets top-heavy fast. When the coolest version of space in the DCU is with the Legion and the UP in the future, the GLC just isn't that conducive to all that to me. My favorite conceptual idea of the Green Power Ring is probably the "Green" fueled one from Earth 2 in the New 52, even though they fridged Alan's boyfriend to get it, or else the Starheart one from the '90s. Neither is connected directly to the Central Battery or whatever on Oa. I don't care that much about Oa, to be honest.

So that's probably moderately controversial. I don't hate the GLC and in fact there's a lot of concepts and characters I absolutely love tied up in it, like Sinestro or Tomar Re, characters you couldn't easily have if you embraced the Magic Only Green Ring, and yet... I just think the whole GLC Lore side of DC is unwieldy and if asked to restructure the DCU just for me, I'd probably less "cut it out" deliberately than just forget about it until the last stage of planning.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I struggle with GL too sometimes. Say what you will about the GLC, their oath is absolutely brilliant. Cold takes, I know.

"Nostalgic Corn" would probably make a killing at the State Fair though.

I like Dead Kents too, but I honestly don't think it's that important to Superman one way or another, I think both sides of the argument tend to get too worked up over this one.
    I think you're right, and we probably do get into this too deep. When I sit back and think about all the times Clark went running to mommy and daddy for advice over something trivial and stupid, I realize that while it did absolutely happen, and more than I'd like....it probably happened less than I think it did. And bad writing is bad writing whether Clark's leaning on his parents too much or leaning on Lois and Perry the same way, so those stories wouldn't have been much better with Dead Kents than Living Kents.

Oh, my controversial GL opinion is that Hal is a bland, two dimensional character who has been in some incredible, fantastic stories, but doesn't actually bring much to the table with him. He was at his best when he was a repentant Parallax, after Zero Hour.

~ Black Panther.

Amazing Member

I find Hal really bland and boring, I've tried to read the series that he's in and I just can't get into it. Its a struggle for me sorry to say, just can't get into it

This is probably going to be a big controversial opinion I have is that I like the whole Carol x Kyle romantic relationship that was forming in "The Green Lantern: New Guardians series and The Green Lantern/New Gods:Godhead Crossover" back in 2011-2015 and after that left it vague. To add to that I want to see more of that relationship, I think that I'm a fan of that relationship. No I am a fan of that, I mean when I saw it in the New Guardians series I liked what I saw and wanted to see more

A third controversial opinion I suppose is this, I want DC to do their version of "One More Day" story and retcon/remove the whole Jade cheating on Kyle back in the series when he took over. Make it where Jade cheating on Kyle never happened and Jade and Kyle are still together like nothing ever happened. I think that since I liked Jade thought she was perfect for Kyle till she cheated on him, course he was at fault too being in space to long
    Last edited by IonRyner; 02-03-2020 at 08:21 PM.

I actually understand and accept that 5G/timeline event has to happen, mainly because it is a monster of their own making when they did New 52 and Rebirth. Say what you will about aging characters, that can go either way depending on the creative teams the quality of work, I am talking solely about reestablishing a consistent history. Because New 52 as we all know was a poorly planned reboot when it came to continuity, a lot of things changed all at once for certain characters or certain events still happened but we did not know when and later new things were introduced over time that stuck around in character and universe history. Examples can be seen as clearly as Barbra Gordon as Batgirl again, Black Canary being in a rock band and a spy, a second Wally West, the idea that Ted Kord did not die, Khalid as the new Dr. Fate, the Shazam family, the Forever Evil and Darkseid War events and etc. Some of that worked and others didn't but in the end it all happened. But then DC did a step back on the New 52 and decided to put back the old continuity as we knew it with Rebirth. However they forgot one thing when doing that which was they kept all the New 52 continuity as well and merged it with the old continuity into a weird mix.

Now for us fans who have been reading before flashpoint that is all when and good because our stories mattered again including the new ones we came to enjoy. However, tell me even with Dr. Manhattan rewriting the universe at the end of Doomsday Clock and bringing things back as we liked them, how pray tell were we gonna live in a universe that references Crisis on infinite earths and Infinite Crisis happened but so did Darkseid War as seen in Dark Nights: Metal. So the answer is it doesn't fit quite right, because we can't just take back what New 52 did so easily because now both new and old readers liked some of that and maybe to put some things back would ruin some of the characters who got better because there was a reboot or it would be too controversial like re crippling Batgirl or rekilling Ted Kord. Hence we may actually need a big timeline event to come in and actually tell us how things fit within the overall timeline we now live in.

That is basically why I am sitting back and seeing what Snyder does about this, well that and I generally like Snyder.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-03-2020 at 09:19 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.