Page 122 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4987
    BANNED

It would most likely be the wisest course of action to keep the two universes apart aside from special novelty occasions if they came under the same ownership. Likewise, wrestling probably would have been better off had the WWE kept WCW going if possible, instead of shutting it down, integrating what they wanted into WWE, and having shows like Smackdown and ECW instead of Nitro.

Astonishing Member

Supergirl needs to be featured more in team books.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Supergirl needs to be featured more in team books.
    Hey man, I'll settle for her sticking in just her own book if it meant she couldn't turn heel for a solid five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't see Marvel handling DC properties as well alongside their own IP's. It just wouldn't mix well and it would've been too much to manage to be able to make every franchise work and survive as well as they did with each other.
    These companies can't juggle all the IP's they actually own man. No, Marvel would've put their own Z-listers on ice to make room for the more profitable DC properties.

But whether it'd all fit or not.....DC has bought and integrated a bunch of characters, I expect Marvel would have had the same degree of success with DC's characters as DC has had with the ones they purchased. Marvel likely would've done better, since the DC IP's are a hell of a lot bigger than Charlton, Fawcett, etc. And yes, I know Shazam outsold Superman for like, five minutes back in the 40's. By the 80's that doesnt matter.

Oh hey, there's something that could've happened! Billy could've not only kept the Captain Marvel name, but actually got to use it on covers and merchandise!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

In the 2000s with Geoff Johns in the helm in the best the Green Lantern franchise has ever been.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

DC can have both Bright Shining heroes AND "edgy" MARVEL STYLE BOOKS (LIKE DI DIO WANTS) and probably something to compete with Naruto things as well.

But they're too busy hedging bets on the Main Books to branch out. Too busy focused on making ONE thing work while losing ground everywhere else.

I started thinking about this as I kept meaning to pick up "The Last God" book...
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I mean if you're looking for fun books, Dial H is the book you should be reading. It's fun. It's relatively light. The art is phenomenal.

DC publishes a lot of stuff, it's just that the main books that drive the universe tend to tow the most recent or upcoming event's tone, so if you're getting a lot of them it can feel monotonous.

Dc (and Marvel) need an anthology series that never stops running. You have hundreds of characters, artists and writers need to cut their teeth and as long as editorial keeps it fairly light with maybe 3 issue storylines at most then it should be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Dc (and Marvel) need an anthology series that never stops running. You have hundreds of characters, artists and writers need to cut their teeth and as long as editorial keeps it fairly light with maybe 3 issue storylines at most then it should be solid.
    My dream book has been a relaunch of DC Comics Presents... with a rotating cast of creators or new hires using one or two (at most) issues to tell a story about a random hero ranging from A-to-Z list. This month is Wonder Woman, next month is Blue Beetle. So on and forth. It could be used when a writer has a passion pitch for a character that doesn't sell or to test a new writer's chops outside holiday anthologies. It would be a great way to highlight less popular characters, see reader enthusiasm for particular teams/IP and would overall be a fun book.

I figure digital would be the way for it to go since those characters don't sell particularly well and this would generate the highest profit for the book to live. If successful, trades could be released, but I really just want to read that majestic C-List DC does their best to bury.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My dream book has been a relaunch of DC Comics Presents... with a rotating cast of creators or new hires using one or two (at most) issues to tell a story about a random hero ranging from A-to-Z list. This month is Wonder Woman, next month is Blue Beetle. So on and forth. It could be used when a writer has a passion pitch for a character that doesn't sell or to test a new writer's chops outside holiday anthologies. It would be a great way to highlight less popular characters, see reader enthusiasm for particular teams/IP and would overall be a fun book.

I figure digital would be the way for it to go since those characters don't sell particularly well and this would generate the highest profit for the book to live. If successful, trades could be released, but I really just want to read that majestic C-List DC does their best to bury.
    I'd go for that, but would prefer they use one of the older titles The Brave and the Bold, or Adventure Comics

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'd go for that, but would prefer they use one of the older titles The Brave and the Bold, or Adventure Comics
    I just like the idea of them having a title like "DC Comics Presents... Stargirl!"

Adventure would be fine. My fear with The Brave and the Bold is that it would inevitably have Batman as it's anchor and just become about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    These companies can't juggle all the IP's they actually own man. No, Marvel would've put their own Z-listers on ice to make room for the more profitable DC properties.

But whether it'd all fit or not.....DC has bought and integrated a bunch of characters, I expect Marvel would have had the same degree of success with DC's characters as DC has had with the ones they purchased. Marvel likely would've done better, since the DC IP's are a hell of a lot bigger than Charlton, Fawcett, etc. And yes, I know Shazam outsold Superman for like, five minutes back in the 40's. By the 80's that doesnt matter.

Oh hey, there's something that could've happened! Billy could've not only kept the Captain Marvel name, but actually got to use it on covers and merchandise!
    Maybe....I just don't think the companies and IP's DC purchased are on the same level as Marvel getting ahold of the DC pantheon, save for Captain Marvel.

I guess it could have been done but I think both companies have benefited more from being separate then they ever would have together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe....I just don't think the companies and IP's DC purchased are on the same level as Marvel getting ahold of the DC pantheon, save for Captain Marvel.
    They aren't. Which means Marvel would've tried harder than DC did. And DC managed to integrate their other IP's pretty well (for the most part).

I guess it could have been done but I think both companies have benefited more from being separate then they ever would have together.
    Oh I am very anti-monopoly. I'm super glad that this didn't happen, it would've been awful for everyone. But it's been fun to theorize on how it could have gone, had it happened.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I just like the idea of them having a title like "DC Comics Presents... Stargirl!"

Adventure would be fine. My fear with The Brave and the Bold is that it would inevitably have Batman as it's anchor and just become about him.
    DC Comics Presents...X does work more smoothly for the concept you've got in mind sullenly kicks rock with his toe, "I just really wanted to be able to read Adventure Comics again."

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I mean - there really is no reason that more "[Title] Comics" books can't exist too. Detective exists as a secondary Batman vehicle, Action for Superman - why can't we have Sensation Comics for Wonder Woman, Adventure Comics as a more generalized DC thing, and etc?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey