Page 137 of 333 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 4987

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think both the TT approach and the YJ approach are valid in there own way, but the original TT is definitely more fun then current YJ.
    Probably. Like I said, I loved Season one of YJ... Season 2 had the time skip and went off the rails. Season 3 i wasn't able to watch. So from what i've heard it went pretty downhill... but season 1 was a lot of fun for me.

I have a couple of friends who really loved the original TT, but i just couldn't get into it. They also loved anime and all those goofy chibi moments really worked for them... .not so much for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Probably. Like I said, I loved Season one of YJ... Season 2 had the time skip and went off the rails. Season 3 i wasn't able to watch. So from what i've heard it went pretty downhill... but season 1 was a lot of fun for me.

I have a couple of friends who really loved the original TT, but i just couldn't get into it. They also loved anime and all those goofy chibi moments really worked for them... .not so much for me.
    The YJ cartoon problem is too many characters and too much focus on relationship drama.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The YJ cartoon problem is too many characters and too much focus on relationship drama.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I remember the first season having that too, but the cast was a lot smaller. Seasons 2 they added a BUNCH of characters, split the focus way too much. It sounded like they did it AGAIN in the third season with a bunch more characters... but i can't confirm that.

The expansive cast is both one of YJ's greatest strengths and also it's biggest weakness. You just have too many characters to adequately focus on.

The relationship drama is nowhere near as focused on people keep saying.

I guess a YJ show controversial opinion I have is that I wasn't particularly bothered by it's original cancellation/cliffhanger ending. Granted I watched it years after the show had it had been cancelled so I knew it was coming but I was mostly satisfied with the two seasons (even thought season 2 was mostly a step down) and haven't really had a desire to watch the new season.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I expected more pushback for my last post. Fine, I'll really go for it this time.

Two-Face is Batman's best, most interesting enemy and provides the best conflict for Bruce. A former friend and legal crusader who fell, but always remains inside the monster we see before us. He'll always be just present enough that Bruce wants to save his soul, but he can never do it. He reflects a lot of trappings Bruce himself does (dual identities, trauma causing his start of darkness, an all-consuming obsession that reels him back in even when he gets out momentarily) and overall presents the most material to work with. Killer design, too.

The Joker has been ruined by his significance to fans turning him into some plot device instead of a character, and it has lead to lazier writing with him.

Fight me.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's a teenage superhero story, those are always about relationship drama.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It's a teenage superhero story, those are always about relationship drama.
    The extent to which it happens for YJ is greatly exaggerated.

The people who are whining about the Snyder Cut "rewarding bullying campaigns" are hypocrites of the highest level as they had nothing to say about people calling for Snyder to be sued, the misogynistic insults directed as Amy Adams and Gal Gadot, people calling for snyder's death, mocking his daughter's suicide etc.

Preferring light hearted stories over darker ones does not make you more moral than anyone else.

My controversial opinion, Young Justice Season 2 is better than season’s one and three. Two finally gave us the actual YJ generation, though it’s still practically a Titans show. Only missing Starfire and Raven.
    Last edited by Samm; 06-03-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think it's all that different from the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I expected more pushback for my last post. Fine, I'll really go for it this time.

Two-Face is Batman's best, most interesting enemy and provides the best conflict for Bruce. A former friend and legal crusader who fell, but always remains inside the monster we see before us. He'll always be just present enough that Bruce wants to save his soul, but he can never do it. He reflects a lot of trappings Bruce himself does (dual identities, trauma causing his start of darkness, an all-consuming obsession that reels him back in even when he gets out momentarily) and overall presents the most material to work with. Killer design, too.

The Joker has been ruined by his significance to fans turning him into some plot device instead of a character, and it has lead to lazier writing with him.

Fight me.
    I think the Joker can still be really entertaining and effective when done well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    My controversial opinion, Young Justice Season 2 is better than season’s one and three. Two finally gave us the actual YJ generation, though it’s still practically a Titans show. Only missing Starfire and Raven.
    And season 3 gave us the closest to a Young Justice team without calling them Young Justice and disconnecting Conner from his entire generation.

BANNED

I think Batman's best and most fascinating villain is probably the Ventriloquist. I don't think the Alan Grant Detective Comics run gets the credit it deserves.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I think Batman's best and most fascinating villain is probably the Ventriloquist.
    I'm a fan of that one too. Always done best when they leave you wondering whether he's unhinged, or running scam so he can cop a competency plea.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Fight me.
    I can vibe with this.

To me it's Ras or Bane, but you make a damn fine argument. Damn fine.