Page 144 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4968
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Really? I and many on the Superman boards criticize that a lot, actually. I don't know many people who think that book was healthy for anyone other than Batman, and I'd argue it did him a disservice as well in the long run.
    Outside that realm. Ofcourse, superman fans would be pissed with that superman. (i also don't know if superman fans hate it because it shows superman in negative light or because whether they belive its out of character)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Damian is still unlikable.
    Recent Nightwing comics have been boring.
    There is no big three, only big two (Batman and Superman)
    Injustice and Zack Synder films did damage to Superman's reputation, now he is unlikable to the general public.
    Red Hood should stay solo.
    The outlaws lasted way longer than it should of had.
    Even Harley Quinn is more popular than Superman nowadays.
    Justice League Dark Akropolis War was garbage and I wish to forget that film ever existed.
    I agree with everything except Red Hood staying solo, the Outlaws surprising staying power and Harley popularity.

Astonishing Member

I may be one of the few who liked new52's lean Lobo design.I really don't like how he is depicted when he is burly ,like sure the biker hair and beard is fine but everyone bar the flash in DC is a walking Swarchzennegger like damn Bruce,Clark,Billy,Adam do we really need another hulking dude to show yeah I can go for to toe with y'all? Looking at Lobo's invincibility alone you don't need to depict him like some WWF wrestler.I'll never get comic designers who keep colour swapping the same physicality on DC superheroes.

Extraordinary Member

Lex Luthor should have stayed as the new Superman.

Jim Gordon should have stayed as the new Batman.

Jon Kent should have only been aged up Damian’s age. He can still join the LoSH.

Cassandra Cain should have stayed the Black Bat.
    Tim Drake should be called Redwing, not Drake.

Stephanie was the best Batgirl.

I'm starting to believe DC will sooner collapse under the weight of it's own incompetence than change it's corporate and/or storytelling culture for the better.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm starting to believe DC will sooner collapse under the weight of it's own incompetence than change it's corporate and/or storytelling culture for the better.
    I don't see how this is more true for DC then it is for other companies in general. DC is at least trying to move past the direct market and deliver content for different audiences with their graphic novel line.

I think it's a step in the right direction that Didio is finally gone.

Astonishing Member

I know DiDio is collectively seen as the devil around here, but he was fixing to give us Luke as Batman, something I was legit looking forward to. He was gearing up towards injecting some much-needed sense of progression (however temporary it may have been in practice), which DC has really been missing. For whatever apparent "bad" he was doing, he was also doing things DC needed as far as I am concerned. And for that, for the Luke Fox Batman that was missed out on, Dan will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I know DiDio is collectively seen as the devil around here, but he was fixing to give us Luke as Batman, something I was legit looking forward to. He was gearing up towards injecting some much-needed sense of progression (however temporary it may have been in practice), which DC has really been missing. For whatever apparent "bad" he was doing, he was also doing things DC needed as far as I am concerned. And for that, for the Luke Fox Batman that was missed out on, Dan will be missed.
    I guess there's some kind of cosmic irony that Didio, who was infamous for trying to erase or take out legacy heroes, was removed for trying to gear the line entirely around legacy heroes.

Exclamation

Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison as much to blame for the current mess that the DCU in comics as Dan DiBio and Jim Lee are.

They are both vastly over-rated writers.

Young Justice: Outsiders did Wally West dirty.

They bench him for most of season 2, give him a handicap compared the other Flashes that ended up getting him killed (when it was a point of character development for him in the comics), and save all the character development, legacy status, and story focus for the two practical OC's of the show (Kaldur and Artemis).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison as much to blame for the current mess that the DCU in comics as Dan DiBio and Jim Lee are.

They are both vastly over-rated writers.
    A MILLION times this! For the most part, all Johns does is rewrite his favorite stories from his childhood only adding a lot of decapitations and such and while Morrison is overall a great writer, he gets really self-indulgent with the psychedelic/cosmic/5th dimensional stuff to the point that I generally drop the book at that point.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't know that I'd throw Morrison in with the rest of them. He tends to move the properties forward when he uses them, not backwards (Batman, Doom Patrol, JLA).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't know that I'd throw Morrison in with the rest of them. He tends to move the properties forward when he uses them, not backwards (Batman, Doom Patrol, JLA).
    I agree, Morrison's style isn't for everyone but I think he generally leaves franchises in a better place by the time he's finished.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Young Justice: Outsiders did Wally West dirty.

They bench him for most of season 2, give him a handicap compared the other Flashes that ended up getting him killed (when it was a point of character development for him in the comics), and save all the character development, legacy status, and story focus for the two practical OC's of the show (Kaldur and Artemis).
    Facts can't be controversial opinions, bud.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I will give YJ a lot of credit for at least having Wally exist, making him likable and having his bromance with Dick on full display (compared to what was going on in the comics at the time and lately, that's a step up). I prefer YJ Wall-as-Kid Flash to the NTT one.

But yeah, killing him off did him dirty.