Page 148 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4987

since we talking Lanterns let me just repost my thoughts from the John thread:

I'm of the philosophy that stories should be allowed to end. I want all the heroes and villains to retire or run their course eventually and I would rather DC put the four corpsmen to bed, John included, because DC has so many issues utilizing this franchise efficiently. DC in recent years have been super heavy handed with the Hal Jordan neptism, and the trickle down effects all the other Lanterns in unflattering ways; san Jess currently as their new premier female of color character. These four have had a lot of story under their belt, i think they should go on a run of endgame stories for each corpsmen and one by one let them retire.

if i had it my way, Guy and Kyle retire and settle down [I didn't mean like, together, but you know what? I wouldn't hate it but that would probably anger A LOT of people; which I also would mind], Hal becomes one with the Green aspect of the Emotional Spectrum, and John settles into a cushy job as a Guardian (more laidback and calculated like Ganthet) and retires from the field/day to day lantern stuff unless it's a Quintessence level event and eventually joins Guy and Kyle in retirement.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If anything DC hasn't done anything interesting with Cyborg 's connection to the New Gods, being made into a mind slave by Darkseid isn't very interesting.
    DC can do A LOT more with mother box connection they just choose not to, Young Justice pretty much embarrassed them last year.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    DC can do A LOT more with mother box connection they just choose not to, Young Justice pretty much embarrassed them last year.
    I was about to say, Young Justice Cyborg has the angst for a few episodes, uses anger at his father for some more drama, and used the father box thing in that show to do some creepy yet awesome stuff.

But that’s what happens when Greg Weismann is giving a character more than an episode or two on his show.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I was about to say, Young Justice Cyborg has the angst for a few episodes, uses anger at his father for some more drama, and used the father box thing in that show to do some creepy yet awesome stuff.

But that’s what happens when Greg Weismann is giving a character more than an episode or two on his show.
    I mean, everything except the Father Box stuff was from the comics though.

I will say I felt the crew did the Furies and Mantis dirty in the last set of episodes. Their "big" fight sequence gets turned into basically a joke scene of still images because they ran out of budget.

Modern Justice League (either starting with New 52 or going back to Morrison) has been largely more harmful than beneficial to the "big 7" that generally compose it as it often leads to them being written at their least interesting/basic or just flat out bad interpretations of them; Superman the nice but dumb farmboy, Diana the Barbarian, Hal the idiot blockhead, Aquaman with a massive chip on his shoulder, and Batgod to name a few.

At the moment it's a better poster than it is a book or team.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-03-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Modern Justice League (either starting with New 52 or going back to Morrison) has been largely more harmful than beneficial to the "big 7" that generally compose it as it often leads to them being written at their least interesting/basic or just flat out bad interpretations of them; Superman the nice but dumb farmboy, Diana the Barbarian, Hal the idiot blockhead, Aquaman with a massive chip on his shoulder, and Batgod to name a few.

The last issue I enjoyed was probably written by Johns or Priest or Mc Duffie/Meltzer. JL wasn't good for more than 2 issues in a long time. Why should a movie about JL end in anything but disaster. Batman does not belong on the team unless he's Batgod but then I don't care about him. End of rant now.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I agree with this completely.

Spectacular Member

I preferred Lex Luthor back when he was an evil mad scientist rather than as a corrupt business tycoon.

BANNED

DC doesn't need Superman and Wonder Woman, because DC already has Batman.

Extraordinary Member

Dc has a steady Batwoman.

So it should have a steady Superwoman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

DC doesn't like Superman and just keeps him around for the IP.
    Assassinate Putin!

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil have been past their primes as Bats and Joker for a few years now.

And related to that but the DCAU shouldn't be held up as the end all/be all of DC adaptations. It had just as many poor characterizations as the DCEU under Snyder did.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-07-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Characters should be allowed to age, retire, and be replaced either by a legacy character or someone new who will fill in for them. Characters can’t stay around the same age for decades without reboots/crisis constantly changing things which only adds to confusion when it comes to certain characters or even regressions in characters progressions.

All I’m saying in 20 to 30 years if I’m still reading comics and characters like Damian Wayne are still 13 I think we have a problem. It’s kind of a problem now with some characters from the 90’s.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

DC needs to reduce superheroes to half of their output and put out comics of other genres, too.
    DC and Marvel both benefited from being fluid enough to latch onto trends from the '50s thru the '80s. By focusing on just superheroes, they've painted themselves into a corner where it can be difficult to exploit a trend if it's not superhero related.

The Titans aren't sidekicks. They can be a stronger franchise than the Justice League (and should be) if DC would just let the team evolve like Marvel allowed the X-Men to.
    Yes, I just said the Titans, not the Justice League, should be DC's premier team.
    The Justice League boils down to a monthly team-up comic featuring multiple A or B level characters, designed to draw sales from each one appearing in the book.
    The Titans are a team, not a monthly team-up of big-hitters.

Many adult readers like all-ages comics, too. But they won't admit it to other comic readers in fear of losing their comic fan membership card.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

New 52 Teen Titans post Death of a Family was actually pretty good
    New 52 Suicide Squad was....interesting. I don't mind skinny Amanda Waller.
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 09-07-2020 at 07:55 PM.