Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148
Results 2,206 to 2,209 of 2209

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I was about to say, Young Justice Cyborg has the angst for a few episodes, uses anger at his father for some more drama, and used the father box thing in that show to do some creepy yet awesome stuff.

But that’s what happens when Greg Weismann is giving a character more than an episode or two on his show.
    I mean, everything except the Father Box stuff was from the comics though.

I will say I felt the crew did the Furies and Mantis dirty in the last set of episodes. Their "big" fight sequence gets turned into basically a joke scene of still images because they ran out of budget.

Modern Justice League (either starting with New 52 or going back to Morrison) has been largely more harmful than beneficial to the "big 7" that generally compose it as it often leads to them being written at their least interesting/basic or just flat out bad interpretations of them; Superman the nice but dumb farmboy, Diana the Barbarian, Hal the idiot blockhead, Aquaman with a massive chip on his shoulder, and Batgod to name a few.

At the moment it's a better poster than it is a book or team.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-03-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Modern Justice League (either starting with New 52 or going back to Morrison) has been largely more harmful than beneficial to the "big 7" that generally compose it as it often leads to them being written at their least interesting/basic or just flat out bad interpretations of them; Superman the nice but dumb farmboy, Diana the Barbarian, Hal the idiot blockhead, Aquaman with a massive chip on his shoulder, and Batgod to name a few.

The last issue I enjoyed was probably written by Johns or Priest or Mc Duffie/Meltzer. JL wasn't good for more than 2 issues in a long time. Why should a movie about JL end in anything but disaster. Batman does not belong on the team unless he's Batgod but then I don't care about him. End of rant now.

Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I agree with this completely.