Page 151 of 334 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5001
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    'Superman turns evil' is a very boring story that should stop being told.
    Wrong thread, this is for controversial takes. You posted a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    'Superman turns evil' is a very boring story that should stop being told.
    Y'know... i think it has been done too often and too poorly, but the concept is still fun to play with. After so many years of seeing Superman smacked around by people WAY below his weight class and generally taken advantage of because he's a moral, decent person... It's sometimes fun to watch him snap Batman's neck and throw his corpse into the sun.

Just to remind everyone what Superman COULD do... and to fully appreciate the Superman that we HAVE because that's who he CHOOSES to be. An evil Superman should be an absolutely terrifying concept.

But yeah, it's an overused trope that I'd love to go a decade without revisting.

I really don’t think DC puts out bad films. Is it perfect? No, but hardly any film is.

Cyborg's inclusion in the League could and should have been handled better. That said, Cyborg is no less deserving of being on the League than friggin Hawkgirl nor should there be a problem with John and Vic both being on the League.

Both Barry and Wally are interchangeable to me as the Flash.

BANNED

I really don't think that Bendis writes a bad Superman story. At best he is mediocre, but he got all the hate, because he aged up Jon.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I really don't think that Bendis writes a bad Superman story. At best he is mediocre, but he got all the hate, because he aged up Jon.
    Not just that, he doesn't write a decent jon book.That was the bigger problem.If you remove the kid's personality, add him to a superman who himself doesn't have much going for him and is kinda boring. Then you get a boring run.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cyborg's inclusion in the League could and should have been handled better. That said, Cyborg is no less deserving of being on the League than friggin Hawkgirl nor should there be a problem with John and Vic both being on the League.
    I'm fine with Hawkgirl being in the League but I think Hawkman deserves a little more recognition in my opinion, although I guess he's shown up a bit more in media recently than his partner has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Both Barry and Wally are interchangeable to me as the Flash.
    I think it depends what stories/adaptions you're seeing them in. The solo Flash stuff does a much better job of differentiating them.

I’d rather have Hawkgirl on the League than Cyborg and I’d take Jefferson on the League over Cyborg any day! John and Jeff are Legaue material, Cyborg is over pushed and DC has tried to make him happen for decades (only time he worked was on Doom Patrol).

I'm glad they're at least adding Aquaman back to the League for Endless Winter so it's not a Justice League of five people anymore.

Ultimate Member

This.

In terms of powers and abilities-he does just as Jason Rusch, John, Jefferson and Vixen.

Hawgirl's issue and the same for Hawkman is Justice Society had done more for them in the 2000s than Justice League.

All-New Member

John Constantine works better as a foil to more colorful characters. On his own he's just another '90s sadsack.

I do not think respecting the Silver Age and having that reflected in the writing has hurt the quality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Y'know... i think it has been done too often and too poorly, but the concept is still fun to play with. After so many years of seeing Superman smacked around by people WAY below his weight class and generally taken advantage of because he's a moral, decent person... It's sometimes fun to watch him snap Batman's neck and throw his corpse into the sun.

Just to remind everyone what Superman COULD do... and to fully appreciate the Superman that we HAVE because that's who he CHOOSES to be. An evil Superman should be an absolutely terrifying concept.

But yeah, it's an overused trope that I'd love to go a decade without revisting.
    It's arguably the reason why seeing him kill Luthor as a Justice Lord is so satisfying. The citizens seemed infuriatingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Ding ding ding.

His writing style is something you would see in novels and manga, I would also state it's very in right now to be a part of his hatedom and I don't expect it to stop.