Page 16 of 333 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But does he really met these criterial when he joined?
    I mean the reason why he had a solo is because he was a in the Justice League and not the other way around.
    And in and out of universe he was mastly known as a Titans member, and even there he was hardly among the most popular team members.
    Every Titan has had solo except Beast Boy(who has had a mini series) I believe so try again. With or Without Justice League he is a recognizable character. Anyway I will keep same things over and over I don't know how you expect Cyborg solo to be successful when they strip the most important elements and tell the same rehash I am human or machine story in a comic with generic tech villains and almost every issue had a different artist many of which aren't good. No character not even the big guns can sell with that happening to them. Once more editorial can sink a book and Cyborg is a master class on the topic. Anyways I have side track this topic enough I will probably make a topic to talk about this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Every Titan has had solo except Beast Boy(who has had a mini series) I believe so try again.
    I looked it up.
    Before the Flashpoint Cyborg had only a single 6 issue mini series, that was published in 2008.
    After the Flashpoint he didn't got a solo series until the "DCYou" in 2015, roughly 4 Years after he joined the Justice League.

DC's heroes being people you relate to and people you aspire to be are not mutually exclusive. In fact, for the latter to be possible you have to be capable of the former. If you don't relate to Superman and his point of view, what the hell is there for you to admire or respect about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I looked it up.
    Before the Flashpoint Cyborg had only a single 6 issue mini series, that was published in 2008.
    After the Flashpoint he didn't got a solo series until the "DCYou" in 2015, roughly 4 Years after he joined the Justice League.
    I didn't say he got solo before, I was pointing out that Raven,Starfire,and Nightwing all got solos implying he got a solo just ONLY because he was on the Justice League is false. When it is clear that would give Titans characters solo books . As I will keep pointing out that group of characters are popular they are even people who want a Beast Boy solo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I didn't say he got solo before, I was pointing out that Raven,Starfire,and Nightwing all got solos implying he got a solo just ONLY because he was on the Justice League is false. When it is clear that would give Titans characters solo books . As I will keep pointing out that group of characters are popular they are even people who want a Beast Boy solo.
    Raven had also only mini series sofar, and Starfire got also only a 12 issue series (that actually sold better than the series Cyborg had at the same time).
    And for him getting a bimonthly series in Rebirth, there seems really to be no other reason than him being on the Justice League.

When fans complain that one hero is being used over another (especially when the heroes in question both have the same hero identity) most of then really don't like that a hero is being used over a hero they like or like more.

This would not be much of an issue except that the people who make this complaint get on their high horses and act like it is a major injustice when they would be fine if it was a hero they like were in the spotlight. And when the hero they like does get the spotlight, most of them stop complaining. Which shows how much they really cared.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Invincible Member

Despite how I feel about some of the things he's said politically, I find it amusing and endearing that Sam Harris has two daughters that are Batgirl fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I don't think Flash or Aquaman are interchangeable. I think they are just as valuable as Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. II dare say Flash is more valuable than Batman.
    Batman's biggest value to the team is fan popularity, Batman gets people to buy the books. But from a logical point of view he is sort of weak and expendable. And with Wonder
    Woman, Superman could easily do everything she can. Her main purpose is to not make the books a total sausage fest.
    Bats is a detective and often strategist/tactician, how is Flash in any way comparable with him?
    Of course is he often there to sell books, but this whole comparison makes no sense at all and following the same logic would be almost anyone more valuable than Supes(cause almost all other choices are theoretically stronfer than him.

And in which insane Twilight Zone Elseworlds story could Supes do everything that WW can do, let alone easily(Circe, Ares, the Queen of Fables and countless more just brought out into wild laughter from the hilarious thought to honestly replace WW with Supes)?
    Did i somehow just miss that Supes gained high magical(lol) + other hax defenses, a whole arsenal of magical gear, amazing fighting skill and general godly/magical/etc... connections?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Bats is a detective and often strategist/tactician, how is Flash in any way comparable with him?
    The Flash can brute-force a lot of the stuff Batman does.

Need to locate a bomb hidden somewhere in the city?
    Batman can figure it out, but the Flash can just literally look everywhere faster than Batman can do the detective thing.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Shazam/Captain Marvel should not be a member of the Justice Legue.

Before other Captain Marvel fans stone me, here me out.

He should be invited to be a member of the Justice Legue, but he should turn them down as long as he’s a kid. The Wisdom of Solomon warned him not to tell anyone his secret identity, and he broke up with Stargirl over it. It should have warned him that the JL would not take well to a 10-15 year old being in their ranks.

I could see him joining once he’s 18, as he really, really wants to join. then it would be more of an open invite that he can’t accept because he knows it would all fall apart if they found out his real age.

Astonishing Member

Terra could work as an anti-hero or anti-villain.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Shazam/Captain Marvel should not be a member of the Justice Legue.

Before other Captain Marvel fans stone me, here me out.

He should be invited to be a member of the Justice Legue, but he should turn them down as long as he’s a kid. The Wisdom of Solomon warned him not to tell anyone his secret identity, and he broke up with Stargirl over it. It should have warned him that the JL would not take well to a 10-15 year old being in their ranks.

I could see him joining once he’s 18, as he really, really wants to join. then it would be more of an open invite that he can’t accept because he knows it would all fall apart if they found out his real age.
    I'm torn on that. I love that Captain Marvel is a kid, and that's one of the biggest differences between him and 99% of all other superheroes...

However, I HATE when 'being a kid' throws up roadblocks like that. Billy Batson is a child with the mentality of a child... Captain Marvel on the other hand is an adult with the wisdom of Solomon who can and has stood shoulder to shoulder with the greatest heroes of whatever universe they put him in. To actually have anyone say 'Sorry Cap, but your other form is only a kid... so we don't want you here, just strikes me as wrong on multiple levels. Besides, they've never had a problem with Firestorm or Stargirl or any of the Robins doing what they do...

Retired

Is Billy in any danger of becoming a Justice League member? I know that he was on the JSA for awhile and I think he was with Young Justice or Teen Titans in the cartoons (but I never watched); pre-Crisis he was on a completely different Earth. Alex Ross included him in JUSTICE, but that was because Captain Marvel appeared in the 1970s calendars, so Alex did it for his childhood self--is JUSTICE in continuity?

I have no desire to see Cap in the Justice League. But I don't think I have any say in the matter.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    However, I HATE when 'being a kid' throws up roadblocks like that. Billy Batson is a child with the mentality of a child... Captain Marvel on the other hand is an adult with the wisdom of Solomon who can and has stood shoulder to shoulder with the greatest heroes of whatever universe they put him in. To actually have anyone say 'Sorry Cap, but your other form is only a kid... so we don't want you here, just strikes me as wrong on multiple levels. Besides, they've never had a problem with Firestorm or Stargirl or any of the Robins doing what they do...
    This is the scene that solidified my opinion. The fact that the league is patronizing, distrustful, and talking down to him despite the fact that he JUST GAVE UP HIS SECRET TO SAVE THE WORLD made me want him to just quit. As long as scenes like this happen, I don’t want kid Billy on the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Is Billy in any danger of becoming a Justice League member? I know that he was on the JSA for awhile and I think he was with Young Justice or Teen Titans in the cartoons (but I never watched); pre-Crisis he was on a completely different Earth. Alex Ross included him in JUSTICE, but that was because Captain Marvel appeared in the 1970s calendars, so Alex did it for his childhood self--is JUSTICE in continuity?

I have no desire to see Cap in the Justice League. But I don't think I have any say in the matter.
    I see him as borderline. Like you said he was in JSA, young Justice has him on the team... and he had a figure back in the SuperPowers/JLA line. He shows up quite a bit in JLA books as a guest star... and his new 52 version was introduced in the JLA back up story certainly indicating that he would 'eventually' join the team. Not to mention the DCEU movie coming out which I consider ANYONE with a movie coming as potential for being in JLA movie... He's kind of like Robin, where he hasn't been an ACTUAL member... but a lot of people think he must have been due to his exposure in the 70's and 80's as being 'Just outside' the team.

I've never seen a comic with him actually an official member, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was considered a reserve somewhere and will help with the drop of a hat when needed.