Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 1385
  1. #256
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And considering they decided not to vote him out of the League, it seems learning about his age did not outweigh the benefits to him as a Justice League member.
    But they still treat him differently. To me, it’s less that they don’t want him around and more they treat him like he’s 4.

  2. #257
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I think Captain Marvel should be a "Sixth Ranger" in the Justice League. He's not a full-time member, but a sort of honorary reserve member who usually only shows up during some big crisis when they need as many big guns as possible, or as a pinch hitter for Superman if Supes is absent.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    This. I so agree with this.

  3. #258
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And what happens if a villain who does know about Billy¬’s origin decides to use that against the League in some way? Like, say, a spell that allows him to control children but not adults? Any secret information could be used against the League.
    Then they’d have control of a normal 10 year old. The very episode before this proved Captain Marvel is considered an adult by magic, as while Billy was in the kid world, the Captain was in the adult world.

    It would make more sense to me that a villain with that spell try to control Young Justice or the Teen Titans than Billy.

  4. #259
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Dianaís around 3,000 years old, and looks 25. When did she stand up and say ďIím 3000.Ē

    If Miss Martian is a teen at 48, then Jíonn is at least several hundred.

    No one else is required to give their age, so why is it different for him?

    Diana has been around in the YJ universe since the 1940s. She wouldn't need to say she's 3000 because she's been in the public since then. J'onn likely told them his age given he pointed out M'gann is a teen by Earth years.

    Where are you even getting the idea they're not required to give their age or at the very least not pretend to be older than they actually are?

  5. #260
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    But they still treat him differently. To me, it’s less that they don’t want him around and more they treat him like he’s 4.
    They treat him like a kid which he actually is. His behavior doesn't help.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Then they’d have control of a normal 10 year old. The very episode before this proved Captain Marvel is considered an adult by magic, as while Billy was in the kid world, the Captain was in the adult world.

    It would make more sense to me that a villain with that spell try to control Young Justice or the Teen Titans than Billy.
    Inconsistency is one of magic's most well known traits especially in the DCU. Just because it worked that way with the spell Klarion cast doesn't mean another mage will work the same way.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-13-2018 at 04:18 AM.

  6. #261
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Diana has been around in the YJ universe since the 1940s. She wouldn't need to say she's 3000 because she's been in the public since then. J'onn likely told them his age given he pointed out M'gann is a teen by Earth years.

    Where are you even getting the idea they're not required to give their age or at the very least not pretend to be older than they actually are?
    Your argument is Billy should have told them he was ten unprompted. On a level, I feel we agree, ie the tension caused was not healthy for the team. My argument is that Billy’s secret ID is important, so he shouldn’t join. Your argument his he should give up his ID so he should join, a requirement no other league member has.

    Before you say “but it’s just his age, not his ID,” saying “I’m a ten year old in an adult body” will lead to other questions. How did this happen, what did your parents say, who are your parents.

    I’m arguin this is all not worth the trouble so he never should have joined to begin with.
    Last edited by SilverWarriorWolf; 09-13-2018 at 04:23 AM.

  7. #262
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They treat him like a kid which he actually is. His behavior doesn't help.
    Showing no gratitude for him saving the world. Not even a thank you, but.


    Inconsistency is one of magic's most well known traits especially in the DCU. Just because it worked that way with the spell Klarion cast doesn't mean another mage will work the same way.
    By that logic, then magic could do anything. Said caster could just turn the league into kids and control them that way.

  8. #263
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Your argument is Billy should have told them he was ten unprompted. On a level, I feel we agree, ie the tension caused was not healthy for the team. My argument is that Billy’s secret ID is important, so he shouldn’t join. Your argument his he should give up his ID so he should join, a requirement no other league member has.

    Before you say “but it’s just his age, not his ID,” saying “I’m a ten year old in an adult body” will lead to other questions. How did this happen, what did your parents say, who are your parents.

    I’m arguin this is all not worth the trouble so he never should have joined to begin with.
    Well the League seemed to know each other's identities (Superman and Batman met as Clark and Bruce at a diner to discuss Superboy and some like John Stewart and Wonder Woman don't even have secret identities) in YJ so clearly they are required to give up their identities.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Showing no gratitude for him saving the world. Not even a thank you, but.


    Yeah that's not how gratitude works. You don't have your mistakes erased because you did a good thing.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-13-2018 at 04:27 AM.

  9. #264
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well the League seemed to know each other's identities (Superman and Batman met as Clark and Bruce at a diner to discuss Superboy and some like John Stewart and Wonder Woman don't even have secret identities) in YJ so clearly they are required to give up their identities.
    If that’s so, why didn’t they know before? They never said “you lied about your ID” they said “you didn’t reveal your age” so he didn’t give a fake ID, just never brought up his age.

    Batman and Superman are always friends BEFORE the JL began. Wonder Woman has no secret ID, and Hal was a founding member who by being a Green Lantern would know John’s.

    If it’s that this is a group you need to feel close enough to reveal your ID to before you join, and Billy clearly didn’t feel that comfortable, then it only supports my argument that he should have never joined.

    Yeah that's not how gratitude works. You don't have your mistakes erased because you did a good thing.
    I agree, but you acknowledge it happened. “I know you saved our behinds back there, but we’re still upset.” Just that line could have improved things so much.

  10. #265
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I think Captain Marvel should be a "Sixth Ranger" in the Justice League. He's not a full-time member, but a sort of honorary reserve member who usually only shows up during some big crisis when they need as many big guns as possible, or as a pinch hitter for Superman if Supes is absent.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I know it won't happen, but Captain Marvel and his family probably belong in a universe of their own.

  11. #266
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    If that’s so, why didn’t they know before? They never said “you lied about your ID” they said “you didn’t reveal your age” so he didn’t give a fake ID, just never brought up his age.
    It’s effectively the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Batman and Superman are always friends BEFORE the JL began.
    Not from what I’ve seen in this continuity. The league was formed during an invasion. There’s no mention of Superman and Batman working together or being friends prior to the League’s formation.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post

    Wonder Woman has no secret ID, and Hal was a founding member who by being a Green Lantern would know John’s.
    John doesn’t wear a mask so he isn’t keeping a secret identity.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post

    I agree, but you acknowledge it happened. “I know you saved our behinds back there, but we’re still upset.” Just that line could have improved things so much.
    I suppose this is fair, but I don’t think they’re inclined to bring up he saved their lives. And again, they still let him stay.

  12. #267
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It’s effectively the same thing.
    Not really, unless a matter of legality is at hand.

    Not from what I’ve seen in this continuity. The league was formed during an invasion. There’s no mention of Superman and Batman working together or being friends prior to the League’s formation.
    They clearly had a relationship, you’re own mention of their correspondence proves that. None of them have that relationship with Cap.

    John doesn’t wear a mask so he isn’t keeping a secret identity.
    That’s most to my point.

    I suppose this is fair, but I don’t think they’re inclined to bring up he saved their lives. And again, they still let him stay.
    I think this is a matter we’re just not going to agree on.

  13. #268
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    But they still treat him differently. To me, itís less that they donít want him around and more they treat him like heís 4.
    I mean, I didn't think it was that dramatic a change, but I think it would be hard for the League to not act differently having realized this adult guy they were hanging out with was actually a kid the entire time.

    Black Canary's really the only one who kind of talked down to him as a kid in that scene, but I'd still say she's still trying to be respectful about it.

    It's not even like it was an issue for the entire League. Red Tornado and Batman were fine with it.

  14. #269
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I didn't think it was that dramatic a change, but I think it would be hard for the League to not act differently having realized this adult guy they were hanging out with was actually a kid the entire time.

    Black Canary's really the only one who kind of talked down to him as a kid in that scene, but I'd still say she's still trying to be respectful about it.

    It's not even like it was an issue for the entire League. Red Tornado and Batman were fine with it.
    I know they’re trying, and perhaps I was a little hard on them initially, but I still hold up my initial statement. It would simply be better if he stayed solo (or with his own family) until he hits 18. He can work with the league, but headaches like this occur when he’s a member.

  15. #270
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    I know they’re trying, and perhaps I was a little hard on them initially, but I still hold up my initial statement. It would simply be better if he stayed solo (or with his own family) until he hits 18. He can work with the league, but headaches like this occur when he’s a member.
    I mean, I think it depends on the continuity and what the writers were going for.

    Like, in Young Justice, they addressed it and then it was never really an issue again. On paper it's just following up on the themes of kids as Superheroes and what hat means when it comes to the Big Leagues.

    Contrast that with JLU where Superman found out Billy was a kid during their fight but afterwards the point of contention was Captain Marvel leaving because he didn't like how the League was operating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •