Page 181 of 334 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 5002
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    YMMV situation but I like I think graded on a curve Superman's one of the better handled characters in Injustice (inasmuch there's any character handled well in the franchise) as they at least try to explain how he got from Point A to Point Z. I don't really think they (games or comics) did it well at all so I think Superman fans are right to criticize that but more effort/thought was at least afforded to him than others who all pretty much lineup and lose any agency.

But like you said earlier, it's all about kissing Batman's (and Harley and Joker's) butts at the end of the day.
    That is fair. It's one of those situations where fans seem to be arguing on who got mistreated the most when there really are no winners here

I can't bring myself to blame Batman, Joker or Harley too much either considering they are still getting bad character writing that isn't doing them too many favors, it just appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    At least Dr. Fate would then be delicious, with great Japanese-Peruvian fusion cuisine.
    Exactly it’s a win-win.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes it did. That they turned on him later on doesn't change that.
    So what people aren't supposed to agree with superman from the start?I would agree with superman. Guys like joker need to be put away.if the justice system won't do it.then I would have no problem if superman does.heck!I myself wouldn't think twice.

Yes,I did play it.that was Billy batson grown up trying to shout shazam to turn into captain marvel.superman froze his mouth shut.Actually watch the clip.

By the fandom.And until injustice 3 comes out we won't know which is canon.

The difference is this.superman actually can and beat these guys.Moreover,jobbing occurs when someone is actually getting elevated.superman is the one who gets thrown under the bus so that a bunch of popular Street levelers can be seen as greatest.finally,superman being the jobber villain for batman the hero is the premises of the game.Others are sidecharachters in the story.they won't remember wonder woman was mcbeth. But ,they will superman being Hitler.Those loses by others would be another day and wins would be given back in spades.Ww beats superman in red son movie.in a superman movie he got his ass handed to him by both batman and ww. Flash beats him every time.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-11-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So what people aren't supposed to agree with superman from the start?
    Unless they're a villain, there is no reason to agree with him on being a totalitarian dictator. Most of the people in the Regime would have opposed Superman.

Yes,I did play it.that was Billy batson grown up trying to shout shazam to turn into captain marvel.superman froze his mouth shut.Actually watch the clip.
    Billy is in Shazam form. He is not a grown up. We see him in that form other times throughout the game and he is clearly using his powers. He was shouting Shazam to summon the lightning to use it as an attack not to transform.

By the fandom.
    Oh and I thought it was people who mattered.

And until injustice 3 comes out we won't know which is canon.
    Exactly. Meaning it doesn't matter what ending people think is canon for the time being because that's kind of how these things work.

The difference is this.superman actually can and beat these guys.
    And he did. What exactly are you complaining about here?

Moreover,jobbing occurs when someone is actually getting elevated.
    And you don't think Superman benefits from winning fights with these guys?

superman is the one who gets thrown under the bus so that a bunch of popular Street levelers can be seen as greatest.
    Every high-tier super gets beaten by street levelers. Superman is not unique in this regard and it doesn't happen to him nearly as often as the others.

finally,superman being the jobber villain for batman the hero is the premises of the game.
    Again, the word jobber does not mean what you think it does. You keep ignoring that the only one who beat Regime Superman in the first game is the good Superman and in the second one he wins most of his fights. Wonder Woman is more of a jobber than him.

Others are sidecharachters in the story.they won't remember wonder woman was mcbeth. But ,they will superman being Hitler.Those loses by others would be another day and wins would be given back in spades.Ww beats superman in red son movie.in a superman movie he got his ass handed to him by both batman and ww. Flash beats him every time.
    Iron Man got beat up by War Machine in Iron Man 2. Batman got his back broken in Dark Knight Rises. Flash does not beat Superman every time. Supergirl lost to Reign in her own show. You're just making things up to be pissed about.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-12-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Unless they're a villain, there is no reason to agree with him on being a totalitarian dictator. Most of the people in the Regime would have opposed Superman.

Billy is in Shazam form. He is not a grown up. We see him in that form other times throughout the game and he is clearly using his powers. He was shouting Shazam to summon the lightning to use it as an attack not to transform.

Oh and I thought it was people who mattered.

Exactly. Meaning it doesn't matter what ending people think is canon for the time being because that's kind of how these things work.

And he did. What exactly are you complaining about here?

And you don't think Superman benefits from winning fights with these guys?

Every high-tier super gets beaten by street levelers. Superman is not unique in this regard and it doesn't happen to him nearly as often as the others.

Again, the word jobber does not mean what you think it does. You keep ignoring that the only one who beat Regime Superman in the first game is the good Superman and in the second one he wins most of his fights. Wonder Woman is more of a jobber than him.

Iron Man got beat up by War Machine in Iron Man 2. Batman got his back broken in Dark Knight Rises. Flash does not beat Superman every time. Supergirl lost to Reign in her own show. You're just making things up to be pissed about.
    Yet,they are team mates with a literal king and a princess who is part of oligarchy.I haven't seen anyone including superman asking questions . Yeah!these guys wouldn't mind if superman started ruling as sort of king.The problem would be he went of the rails.Heck!you see flash coming to realisation at that very moment in the clip you posted.

Lightning attacks don't require shazam to be said.usually,shazam is said specifically to transform.yes we see Billy in kid form in game play, but that does not mean in story that was captain marvel form.we have characters and skins like that.I am fairly certain they were scared to put Billy as a kid in that scene.it was originally meant to say superman killed a child.he is legitimate bad guy now.

You know your condescension doesn't mean anything. If fans mean little why did snyder's DCEU sink and come back.

Nah!unless he gets over with the crowd or readers.superman is already established as powerful.beating these guys are not gonna give him popularity boosts.how he handles wins and loses.how he behaves when he is losing will help him.for example,ww can beat the crap out of him for trying to protect a Greek monster as superman is a monster himself (alien).if superman acts like a wimp who gasps at how wonder woman is stronger or begs her to stop while getting beaten or if he behaves like losing is fun.yeah!that would make his stock fall.

As said, batman implies he could beat him very next scene.

You don't understand the concept of jobbing .do you?loses=/=jobbing.how the crowd reacts is what matters in wrestling. Bane gets beaten later on.ironman was basically throwing the fight.I don't watch cw shows. This was part of bigger storylines.the story ends with the face beating the heel.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-12-2020 at 12:56 AM.

You know what, believe what you want. Conversations with you just end up going in circles and I've got better things to do. Have a nice day.

You know what, believe what you want. Conversations with you just end up going in circles and I've got better things to do. Have a nice day.
    Suit yourself,you seem to be under the impression that superman and batman is the only characters dc pushes.while ,it might be true for bAtman.superman has thrown his bit of matches to the other characters in spade including his own cast like supergirl.I don't mind.what I mind is him being a wimp about it.Also,superman has only won a race with flash once in modern age .That was in up in the sky.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-12-2020 at 12:55 AM.

I want more Joker/Robin stories.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The Brave and the Bold/DC Comics Presents need to come back as anthology team-ups (ideally without an anchor character like Batman or Superman, but I know better). It'd be digital only, but team-ups are sorely missing in the age of writing for trade. I miss them terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The Brave and the Bold/DC Comics Presents need to come back as anthology team-ups (ideally without an anchor character like Batman or Superman, but I know better). It'd be digital only, but team-ups are sorely missing in the age of writing for trade. I miss them terribly.
    I agree completely. Anthologies would be welcomed by me. I also would welcome more non superhero contenthe as well.

There is nothing wrong with DC's human or less durable heroes wearing armor for protection.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yet,they are team mates with a literal king and a princess who is part of oligarchy.I haven't seen anyone including superman asking questions . Yeah!these guys wouldn't mind if superman started ruling as sort of king.The problem would be he went of the rails.Heck!you see flash coming to realisation at that very moment in the clip you posted.

Lightning attacks don't require shazam to be said.usually,shazam is said specifically to transform.yes we see Billy in kid form in game play, but that does not mean in story that was captain marvel form.we have characters and skins like that.I am fairly certain they were scared to put Billy as a kid in that scene.it was originally meant to say superman killed a child.he is legitimate bad guy now.

You know your condescension doesn't mean anything. If fans mean little why did snyder's DCEU sink and come back.

Nah!unless he gets over with the crowd or readers.superman is already established as powerful.beating these guys are not gonna give him popularity boosts.how he handles wins and loses.how he behaves when he is losing will help him.for example,ww can beat the crap out of him for trying to protect a Greek monster as superman is a monster himself (alien).if superman acts like a wimp who gasps at how wonder woman is stronger or begs her to stop while getting beaten or if he behaves like losing is fun.yeah!that would make his stock fall.

As said, batman implies he could beat him very next scene.

You don't understand the concept of jobbing .do you?loses=/=jobbing.how the crowd reacts is what matters in wrestling. Bane gets beaten later on.ironman was basically throwing the fight.I don't watch cw shows. This was part of bigger storylines.the story ends with the face beating the heel.
    Shazam didn't always have lightning attacks and his signature anti Superman move has always been shouting Shazam while holding Clark in the way of the lightning since that's the strongest magic attack in his arsenal. You're wrong here.

There is nothing wrong with DC's human or less durable heroes wearing armor for protection.
    It’s the tacticool aesthetic I object to, not armor per say. I don’t like the militarization of superheroes, I don’t think that’s a good route to go down. And the Asylum/City Batsuit looked waaaaaaay better than the Origins or Knight Batsuits imo.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen it restricted to just DC’s human heroes but my main complaint for the most part is how needlessly overly designed, and as a result ugly, some armored costumes can look.

Going back to the earlier Injustice talk, pretty much any of the costume designs for characters there are what I think when I think of bad armored designs.

If they have never done a line in which COIE never happened, then they certainly should.