Page 195 of 334 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 5002

Well, if this were PreFlashpoint the reason he could not sway her away is because concussion is not terribly effective versus WW. The second would be he is in her lasso.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

My personal one. Raven should have died after the 2nd Trigon story or at the very least died at the end of Titans Hunt and stayed dead. Her story was pretty much completed and everything since has just been rehashing the same thing. The character is just kind of stuck with many writers trying to come up with new angles for her, but nothing ever really working.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    My personal one. Raven should have died after the 2nd Trigon story or at the very least died at the end of Titans Hunt and stayed dead. Her story was pretty much completed and everything since has just been rehashing the same thing. The character is just kind of stuck with many writers trying to come up with new angles for her, but nothing ever really working.
    I imagine if they had still used her in the cartoons there would've been too much temptation to bring her back.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I'm sad to agree.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He was afraid she'd look better in it than he does.
    I did not ponder that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Well, if this were PreFlashpoint the reason he could not sway her away is because concussion is not terribly effective versus WW. The second would be he is in her lasso.
    Having not read the story, I'm thinking that fedora could have been used as a temporary cage to distract her long enough to break free, and run.

I'll just roll with you. He must have been totally helpless. The panels are just hilarious, to me.

For every reasonable criticism about DC comics and related media, there is ten more that's just people reaching farther than Mr Fantastic.

I've got some fighting words:
    -The Legion of Superheroes in itself is too vanilla. If DC really wants to adapt them to live action they should start off with REBEL or the Subs.
    -Barry Allen should have never been brought back in 2011.
    -Kory is a better partner for Dick because her mindset is the complete opposite of Batman.
    -Barbara Gordon should have never been brought back as Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Steve Orlando turned Phantom Stranger into a villain.
    I think he had something to say about christianity so he found out that PS used to be Judas in New 52 and used him as a villain.
    WW 758
    Attachment 103405

He was a hero for 60 years and I though Rebirth will do him justice.
    That's not the Phantom Stranger. That's clearly Judas Iscariot pretending to be the Phantom Stranger. Everybody know the real Phantom Stranger doesn't have a definitive backstory.

I recently read and became a huge fan of Matt Wagner's Madame Xanadu series. I like to think the real PS and her are off in another dimension, a place beyond time and space and omniverse, carefully orchestrating a new universe.

DC should start using Steel again, like in the 90s. I feel as though Ironman's success scared them away from using the character.

I might tweak his costume again, just a bit, but as long as John's treated with respect, I think he's still got tons of potential. Even if DC isn't going to promote him as a solo hero, he's one of the more interesting characters in the Superman line. Lois, Jimmy, Perry White, Turpin, John, and other distinct characters are positive additions to Superman's world.

I like Supergirl and Superboy too, but given their similarity and strength, I prefer them off on their own unless a Superman story calls for them to be there, or it's like an alien invasion end of the world type scenario.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -The Legion of Superheroes in itself is too vanilla. If DC really wants to adapt them to live action they should start off with REBEL or the Subs.
    -Barry Allen should have never been brought back in 2011.
    -Kory is a better partner for Dick because her mindset is the complete opposite of Batman.
    Do you really think Dick is the best person for Kory?

I think Kory is the best person for Dick. Dick could be great for Kory, but now and then, the Bat-books don't show him in the best light or put him in the best situation.

If you take Dick at his best, his most iconic portrayals, he and Kory work very well together.

Kory hasn't had other quality, romantic partners. She's a great person, I'm sure there are other men she would pair with, but I like that she and Dick don't have any big drama either.

As much as I liked Batman TAS during the 90s, I don't think Dick and Babs work anymore. It's a fling, and at times they look great, but between the fallouts and the whole Bruce and Barbara relationship, which I can't unsee, I'd rather have Nightwing with Starfire or someone else entirely. Dick and Babs dated; they have a love for one another, but alas, it isn't in the cards.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Now since the Shazam Family is 6 members strong, they need a family to counter it.

Since they’re already giving Sivana powers, he may as well do it also to his wife and his all 4 of his kids, to be a dark equivalent to the Shazam Family.

Like how Multiversity did with three of them.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Barbara should be written closer to Bruce's age than Dick's.

Anti-hero Harley is fine if characters are still wary of her.

Wally West should be the Flash of this era.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I'd rather have a Black Adam family then a Sivana family.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'd rather have a Black Adam family then a Sivana family.
    But where would you get 3 other members besides Adam, Isis and Osiris?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think Kory is the best person for Dick. Dick could be great for Kory, but now and then, the Bat-books don't show him in the best light or put him in the best situation.

If you take Dick at his best, his most iconic portrayals, he and Kory work very well together.

Kory hasn't had other quality, romantic partners. She's a great person, I'm sure there are other men she would pair with, but I like that she and Dick don't have any big drama either.

As much as I liked Batman TAS during the 90s, I don't think Dick and Babs work anymore. It's a fling, and at times they look great, but between the fallouts and the whole Bruce and Barbara relationship, which I can't unsee, I'd rather have Nightwing with Starfire or someone else entirely. Dick and Babs dated; they have a love for one another, but alas, it isn't in the cards.
    I don't find Batgirl / Nightwing very interesting, but Oracle and Dick are just the best to me. Specially in a long term relationship. I would love to read stories about them in their 40s and 70s. I can't really imagine Dick Grayson and Kory's future.