Page 196 of 334 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5002

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I've got some fighting words:
    -The Legion of Superheroes in itself is too vanilla. If DC really wants to adapt them to live action they should start off with REBEL or the Subs.
    I’ve never really found the Legion that interesting altogether. Maybe it’s because DC Space is pretty much Green Lantern to me and Legion is too separate from the rest the of the DC universe to really care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Now since the Shazam Family is 6 members strong, they need a family to counter it.

Since they’re already giving Sivana powers, he may as well do it also to his wife and his all 4 of his kids, to be a dark equivalent to the Shazam Family.

Like how Multiversity did with three of them.
    I don't like the idea of a family of 6 evil magic powered villains to face the Shazam family. I wouldn't mind if Sivana had his family to counter theirs, but only if their powers are based in science.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I agree that's terrible.Very bait-and-switch, IMO. And likely to alienate anyone who might have been inclined to give the comics a chance before being tricked (though, of course, if they never would have picked up any comic otherwise, I guess it's a win for DC because they got that purchase).

If the people at DC were smart, they could do this without ticking off fans of the DCEU Aquaman. Have Momoa's version on the cover. Inside have stories about his version & the classic versions from the comics. this way there is no bait-and-switch.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't like the idea of a family of 6 evil magic powered villains to face the Shazam family. I wouldn't mind if Sivana had his family to counter theirs, but only if their powers are based in science.
    Don't know that this is controversial, but I really don't like "families" of villains for "families" of heroes. It really to me ends up cementing the non-main heroes as second-bananas who will never be regarded as equally respected. And less likely to regarded as individidual heroes separate from the family. Makes it too easy to see them as just knockoffs withe knockoff villains. And that makes them more easily replaceable. I'd ditch all other Sivanas (and keep the one not magical), have no extra Luthors to hang around befriending or terrorizing other Supers for any future media adaptions or reboots. A family of villains doesn't have to be bad - as long they all face the same hero and don't get farmed out for other heroes, especially those in the same family. It's just derivative to me.

With the recently Dick/Kory discussion here - I'd love to see Kory get some exploration and development that wasn't about Dick, Blackfire, or Tamaran (specifically not about something horrible happening to it again). But that's probably not controversial.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-30-2020 at 03:13 PM.

But where would you get 3 other members besides Adam, Isis and Osiris?

Make new characters if you must. I'm not really on board with having an evil family go up against the Shazams, but Adam fits better than Sivanna. It's already in his wheelhouse. Sivana's not the type to have a family of 6 unless they are all random flunkies or henchmen.

At least I feel like Adam could create a "family," unlike Sivana.
    The J-man

I don't find Batgirl / Nightwing very interesting, but Oracle and Dick are just the best to me. Specially in a long term relationship. I would love to read stories about them in their 40s and 70s. I can't really imagine Dick Grayson and Kory's future.
    Dick and Starfire's future has already been told in different incarnations (Mark Waid etc.). They have a daughter Nightfire. Also, I feel like Dick is more of his own man when he's with Starfire. They become this established power couple of the superhero world. They've got connections to the Batfamily Titans, Justice League, and even space.

I like Dick in Batfamily stories, but some writers tend to write him as less than like he's just an older robin. He's filled in for Batman successfully twice. Lead multiple superhero teams. Bruce and Dick have different personalities, but he's been an adult for decades now. Usually, when he's with the Titans or general team-up stories, he is written as such (not always, but more often than not). He was the first robin. He's got a great origin, and nothing will ever change that (knock on wood). The bat family will always be a home to him, but we've seen how he's grown in the New Teen Titans. In the Young Justice cartoon and other incarnations. I feel like Kory is a natural progression of adult Dick Grayson.

Dick Grayson is, kind of, this consummate superhero. The guy has been Batman's partner since he was a kid. He's led the Teen Titans, and he's trained with everybody in the DC Universe. He's a leader, a mentor, and an easy-going guy that's easy to talk to and trust.

At this point, Batgirl or Oracle feels like that childhood crush. They'll always have a love for each other. They'll always be close, but I can never see them living together, especially after DC's been jerking them around for years. Getting people's hopes up then crushing them. L

Last but not least, Bruce Timm slowly killed that relationship for me overtime. Between the DCAU and the Killing Joke animation. Some people might be able to ignore it, but I can't.
    The J-man

I'm DickBabs, but cannot dispute how crappily and back-and-forth it's been handled. But I feel that way about almost every relationship in DC - if I count all of canon, most of them are toxic to each other and shouldn't be together. I have to ignore huge swathes to ship almost anyone. And a few I couldn't even regard as heroes if I took all of canon.

At this point, Batgirl or Oracle feels like that childhood crush.
    That, to me, is retcons hurting them. He didn't have a crush on her in childhood in the original telling. They didn't get involved until they were both solidly adults. Even the flirtation when he was in college was one (not "real") kiss and never a single date, and he was still a legal adult and rather mature. It was mostly ship teasing. I really wish more relationship had not been retconned into their history, as I find it a detriment, not asset.

But then, I think Dick and Kory should have stayed broken up after their first breakup. There was all sorts of leadup to that, and they just didn't have compatible views on certain important things. But if I was DickKory fan, I'd probably say that was bad writing (as I do with a lot of the crap that happened with DickBabs, and yes, some of what happened with DickKory) and make excuses why it shouldn't count as much as the good stuff between them. Doesn't help the NTT went downhill throughout the second part of the '80s, IMO. I quit reading those titles not long after I got to Titans Hunt. Tried to give the new characters a chance, but it just wasn't working for me.

I feel like at this point, there's just as much argument for Kory being Dick's past as Barbara. But they're the two with staying power, and it's unlikely a new love interest could usurp them. It is relevant (and has been mentioned up thread) there's not much talk about what's best for Kory or Barbara. Or what could or should be done with them alone - not as mentors to new Bats or love interest to Dick, but themselves. Particuarly in a off-duty capacity (I do have a liking for civilian identities and friends, but these folks don't and neither does DC anymore).

I agree with all the problems with Dick being treated as a sidekick still. And that early NTT was better for him in that capacity. But that doesn't mean I want him to be with Kory. And, more importantly, I don't think him being with her would fix any of those - they happen because Batman is super-popular (and the NTT no longer are). I also don't care at all for the concept of a "power couple" and get really annoyed at all the introductions of AU and elseworlds kids. Unless they are real and continuing characters, I don't care about them and don't want to see them. I want more stories in the here and now instead of in (always alternate, because we know it's not really going to happen) futures. They're meaningless to me.

Definitely want Dick and Barbara out of Gotham and not playing second fiddle Batman in Bat-centric events anymore. Regardless of whether or not they are together. I just don't think they can stay in Gotham and be regarded as top-tier heroes. It's probably time for Tim and Steph to do the same, given their ages. Duke and Damian are still minors, so that works for them. Not sure where Cass' age sits now.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-30-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Boisterously Confused

I don't find Batgirl / Nightwing very interesting, but Oracle and Dick are just the best to me. Specially in a long term relationship. I would love to read stories about them in their 40s and 70s. I can't really imagine Dick Grayson and Kory's future.
    I found Batgirl/Robin interesting when she was still The (somewhat) Older Woman. Of course, it mainly works as something doomed, and maybe never consummated, and can be a lot of fun as something fondly remembered by them both. Youthing her to Grayson's age was (IMO) one of Timm's missteps.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I found Batgirl/Robin interesting when she was still The (somewhat) Older Woman. Of course, it mainly works as something doomed, and maybe never consummated, and can be a lot of fun as something fondly remembered by them both. Youthing her to Grayson's age was (IMO) one of Timm's missteps.
    I really don't understand what's doomed about their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Dick and Starfire's future has already been told in different incarnations (Mark Waid etc.). They have a daughter Nightfire. Also, I feel like Dick is more of his own man when he's with Starfire. They become this established power couple of the superhero world. They've got connections to the Batfamily Titans, Justice League, and even space.

I like Dick in Batfamily stories, but some writers tend to write him as less than like he's just an older robin. He's filled in for Batman successfully twice. Lead multiple superhero teams. Bruce and Dick have different personalities, but he's been an adult for decades now. Usually, when he's with the Titans or general team-up stories, he is written as such (not always, but more often than not). He was the first robin. He's got a great origin, and nothing will ever change that (knock on wood). The bat family will always be a home to him, but we've seen how he's grown in the New Teen Titans. In the Young Justice cartoon and other incarnations. I feel like Kory is a natural progression of adult Dick Grayson.

Dick Grayson is, kind of, this consummate superhero. The guy has been Batman's partner since he was a kid. He's led the Teen Titans, and he's trained with everybody in the DC Universe. He's a leader, a mentor, and an easy-going guy that's easy to talk to and trust.

At this point, Batgirl or Oracle feels like that childhood crush. They'll always have a love for each other. They'll always be close, but I can never see them living together, especially after DC's been jerking them around for years. Getting people's hopes up then crushing them.
    From my research we never actually see them together act as an older couple. In the Kingdom Come reality Starfire dies when Nightstar is still young. In the New Order reality she is still alive but they don't really act like a couple. They are only discussing their kid and maybe they kiss, i don't know, but they aren't really aging and showing how their relationship matured over time.

Starfire being used as a way for Dick to declare his independence doesn't feel like a good justification for the relationship. And Kory and Dick's relationship has been just as much jerked around as his and Barbara's so that really doesn't matter.

Rewatching Young Justice just reminded me of how well Barbara and Dick work together as a couple when they are treated as one. They have really compatible personalities and their relationship actually grows deeper with time. I don't think Kory or Dick really have things in each other than are important to them as they grow old. I can only imagine their relationship souring as Dick gets older and Starfire feeling stuck in place instead of going to new places. I don't feel like Starfire is the kind of character that wants to stay grounded. She isn't Superman. And Dick couldn't really follow her where she goes. I don't mean just in the sense that he can't fly or breathe in space or has superstrength, I mean that his preocupation will always be earth. But I don't think Starfire actually needs to stay on earth. I'm sure she values her relationships here, but she had a life before this and she could still have one she likes away from here.
    Last edited by Alpha; 12-30-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

But where would you get 3 other members besides Adam, Isis and Osiris?
    You head to DC Wiki and start digging.

You can add Yurrd, Thaddeus Sivanna and his kid.

Or pick up characters who were undeveloped and revise them. Like the Lt Marvels from the 50s.

Starfire and Batgirl together should have a talk with Nightwing about who he wants to be with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Starfire and Batgirl together should have a talk with Nightwing about who he wants to be with.
    Anyone have that gif with the cute little Indian girl saying “Why not both?”

Astonishing Member

Anyone have that gif with the cute little Indian girl saying “Why not both?”
    This is the best solution, but DC won't do it.

The Joker being praised as a character you can write differently from each writer or media is just putting lipstick on a pig in that it’s just a fancy way of saying he’s an dreadfully shallow one-dimensional character.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    This is the best solution, but DC won't do it.
    well poly is in these days, but I doubt Barbara would be open to that
    The J-man