Page 197 of 334 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 5002
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The Joker being praised as a character you can write differently from each writer or media is just putting lipstick on a pig in that it’s just a fancy way of saying he’s an dreadfully shallow one-dimensional character.
    With Joker any sort of writing can be justified since he's 'LOL Crazy and Randumb for EVIL'.

The bigger issue is his fanbase which thinks that he's a symbol of 'the common man who was pushed into evil by a cruel and unfeeling society that refuses to admit its flaws and failures'.

DC seemingly catering to that portion of the fanbase with Punchline, a literal mouthpiece for their views, is also troubling.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The Joker being praised as a character you can write differently from each writer or media is just putting lipstick on a pig in that it’s just a fancy way of saying he’s an dreadfully shallow one-dimensional character.
    I mean you're correct.

BANNED

In DC, being crazy and unpredictable make up for years of training in h2h combat and logical strategic planning. If you combine all those craziness with strategic planning, you would become a world conqueror.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 12-31-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Anyone have that gif with the cute little Indian girl saying “Why not both?”
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Well, where one sees a character's versatility, the other might see nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Anyone have that gif with the cute little Indian girl saying “Why not both?”
    Because Hickman isn't writing for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Also not to nitpick but the girl in that ad is Mexican not Indian.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-01-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

The reason why adaptations of Bane like to lean in on his brutish power is because it makes him relatively unique amongst the many schemers and masterminds that round out Batman's already very bloated Rogues Gallery. If they just focused on his intelligence, he'd just get lost in the flood.

I think the best compromise is to focus on his militaristic and guerilla aesthetics and attitude like recent adaptations have been doing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Because Hickman isn't writing for DC.

Also not to nitpick but the girl in that ad is Mexican not Indian.
    My apologies

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The reason why adaptations of Bane like to lean in on his brutish power is because it makes him relatively unique amongst the many schemers and masterminds that round out Batman's already very bloated Rogues Gallery. If they just focused on his intelligence, he'd just get lost in the flood.

I think the best compromise is to focus on his militaristic and guerilla aesthetics and attitude like recent adaptations have been doing.
    Not happy with Tom King's Bane and would like to see Bane take over as Batman for a time. Just like in Forever Evil Arkham War but with a good story. Next to Dick Grayson there's really only Bane or Man-Bat I'd love to see take over. Tim Fox is great but he's a hero and I would enjoy Gotham being ruled with an iron fist by either Bane or Man-Bat.

Edit: Insert Mexican Girl saying "Why not both"

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Not happy with Tom King's Bane and would like to see Bane take over as Batman for a time. Just like in Forever Evil Arkham War but with a good story. Next to Dick Grayson there's really only Bane or Man-Bat I'd love to see take over. Tim Fox is great but he's a hero and I would enjoy Gotham being ruled with an iron fist by either Bane or Man-Bat.

Edit: Insert Mexican Girl saying "Why not both"
    Battle for the Cowl 2: Bat-Bane vs The Flying Fox
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I actually think KSD's run would be a good place to end Arthur's career on (for a while) and they should use Infinite Frontier as the time to promote Jackson as the new Aquaman.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Not sure how "controversial" this is but I think future DC comics should run with the mulitple stories in one issue format thats currently taking place in Future State. My only fear would be DC going overboard with the pricing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Not sure how "controversial" this is but I think future DC comics should run with the mulitple stories in one issue format thats currently taking place in Future State. My only fear would be DC going overboard with the pricing.
    Anthology books with anchors is a good idea (22 page main event, 11 page back ups for two less-popular characters) but yeah, it inflates the price. The Bat books would do well. Superman may struggle from it. Flash and GL may be able to handle it because they have lots of protagonists people love and it's one book), but the problems is you have the anchor people want and then you're banking on them liking the rest of the stories. If they don't, you're asking for $6-8 per pop for [character] and that's a high price tag. If they don't adore the book, it's dropped.

I love anthology books but I think digital may be the best place for some characters.

Ultimate Member

A safer bet would be to do a digest where you can have different stories. Now what the price would be for that since you are doing new stories is a question. Archie has one new story and reprints for $8.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm gonna take it further and say anthology book in black and white, on cheaper paper and digital aiming at casual audience. Not all of them of course, but if people can get more stories in more pages for less money, the art can be sacrificed.

The people, collector or hardcore fans who buy for art can buy the usual floppies.