Page 200 of 333 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4993
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But like I said if you look at the rogues galleries, you have mostly white characters. Take for example Batman:
    African American: after Killer Croc the "biggest" ones are iirc Black Spider and Fire Bug
    East Asian: Lady Shiva and Sensai (who aren't really Batman villains), and after that maybe Dr. Moon, Dr. Tzin-Tzin and Lord Deathman
    Middle Eastern: Ras and Thalia
    I'd be careful with that point. Especially the Asian ones because of how stereotypical they are.

Mighty Member

Worst Comics-01.jpg

Which comics until todays is still consider the worst of all times ?

Why the hell is Children of the Atom and New New Warriors there? New Warriors was seemingly cancelled before it ever came out and Children of the Atom hasn't come out yet.

That said, in terms of consequences it's definitely One More Day. Nothing Dan Slott did for the decade after justified putting Peter Parker back in the life of a 24 year old. Him getting divorced would've actually been better in my opinion (although I still think him being a guy with a new born could last for years and years without getting old)
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-09-2021 at 08:24 AM.

That said, in terms of consequences it's definitely One More Day. Nothing Dan Slott did for the decade after justified putting Peter Parker back in the life of a teenager. Him getting divorced would've actually been better in my opinion (although I still think him being a guy with a new born could last for years and years without getting old)
    I dropped Marvel altogether because of it. I'd have loved to see him with baby May (and not bringing back Aunt May), myself, but Marvel didn't want to go there.

I think the long-term consequences of Identity Crisis were also bad, though less dramatic. Several former villains were revealed to have been brainwashed and returned to evil. And several heroes very tainted, with repetitions of this type of behavior. Though I guess the second part, unfortunately, has many other sources to point to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why the hell is Children of the Atom and New New Warriors there? New Warriors was seemingly cancelled before it ever came out and Children of the Atom hasn't come out yet.
    Yeah no need to disparage books that NOBODY has read.

While it probably wasn’t the worst in quality, I personally found Heroes in Crisis really disgusting. It was advertised as a series that would highlight mental health awareness but then it fed into the worst tropes about mental illness. Wally’s mental illness leads to violence and mass murder, and we’re left with a bunch of dead characters for shock value. Also most of King’s takes on the characters in the therapy sessions were super pretentious and poorly written.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Worst Comics-01.jpg

Heroes In Crisis and One More Day.

Also, why are two books that haven't been released yet on your list?

Worst Comics-01.jpg

I only read the DC books and Countdown is the only one that don't make my blood boil. I would also include Rise of Arsenal in there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Heroes In Crisis and One More Day.

Also, why are two books that haven't been released yet on your list?
    TROLLING to the usual suspects who only see a cover and throw fits. Mainly those who would never read them or needed youtube revenue for rants.

Reminder the writer for New Warriors is the same one who did Black Panther vs Deadpool and he does SATIRE with Stephen Colbert.

Heroes in Crisis by a MILE. If Tom King was allowed to do the book he wanted and it lead up to that-I think the backlash would be less. Because at least you would see what lead up to those deaths-now the cover up-that needed to be left out.

Astonishing Member

Worst Comics-01.jpg

Ultimatum, Civil War and Sins Past

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    TROLLING to the usual suspects who only see a cover and throw fits. Mainly those who would never read them or needed youtube revenue for rants.

Reminder the writer for New Warriors is the same one who did Black Panther vs Deadpool and he does SATIRE with Stephen Colbert.

Heroes in Crisis by a MILE. If Tom King was allowed to do the book he wanted and it lead up to that-I think the backlash would be less. Because at least you would see what lead up to those deaths-now the cover up-that needed to be left out.
    SAFESPACE, SNOWFLAKE and INTERNET GAS.

Won't that enough to offend you.

Controversial opinions? Well....

I can forgive "Heroes in Crisis" and am not sorry that I own it... just because I am a big Booster Gold and Blue Beetle fan and this was the first time they had both been alive and hanging out since Ted's death, with no time travel (other than Booster's normal) being involved.

(I don't think that one page in King's "Mister Miracle" counts because I'm pretty sure that's not in continuity...)

Yes, the story is trash and makes little-to-no sense, but I can forgive it a lot just for this...

bros before heroes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I like Tom King and I enjoyed the profiles on each of those characters, but what exactly do you think was King's original idea for the book and what was mandated by editorial? I was honestly shocked that the plot of the story was about this Sanctuary having been destroyed, but I can't quite tell if there ever was another plot in mind for the book.

I think this is an interesting point... it almost likens the (ever-growing) Flash family to the Green Lanterns, where each one has his own specialty...

Personally, although I like Barry better, I've always felt that they have different views of being the Flash. For Barry (now,) it's really tied to his guilt and his desire to do good and see justice done. He's the Flash, yes, but he was a detective first and he became that because he wanted to help people find justice. Then, being the Flash is tied to his mom dying, and his dad being in jail, so even if he likes being the Flash, there's got to be a lot of baggage there for him.

Meanwhile, for Wally, becoming the Flash was his dream-come-true; he got to follow in the footsteps of his childhood hero. When they talk about the Flash symbolizing hope, I have a hard time connecting that with Barry and definitely feel like it's more of a Wally thing.

I think what you said ties into both of their backstories great. Barry is a trained detective and a good one; it makes sense to me that he'd be able to use his power more creatively and be more focused on his goal, since he knows what he has to do (to see justice done) and can see how the speed force powers will help him. Meanwhile, Wally's just always been the Flash, really, since he was a kid, so he would have less of that structure to lean back on.

Astonishing Member

Barry wasn't a detective first. He was a forensic scientist. The detective thing never made any sense and it just further trying to make him a wannabe Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Barry wasn't a detective first. He was a forensic scientist. The detective thing never made any sense and it just further trying to make him a wannabe Bruce Wayne.
    Forensic Scientist was also a bad choice, but I digress. And I still can't believe they are standing by the Mom death thing. It was supposed to be an in universe acknowledge meta retcon, and it somehow has been forced as integral to him, and all of a sudden getting back to the original status quo would actually result in chaos for the current world, which is dumb as hell. They basically want to give Barry 2 origin stories (how he became a detective and how he became the flash), and he is the only character with that problem. I wish it would end already.