Page 211 of 333 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4987

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If DC wants to give Batman all 5 Robins in live-action they should differentiate them a little more
    I actually don't think it's a good idea to give batman 5 Robins in live action.

While i like robin, I feel that Batman taking on another kid after jason reflects badly on the hero.

The current state of Robin[ie the fact that there's been 5 and 3 have died] makes Batman looks bad.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I actually don't think it's a good idea to give batman 5 Robins in live action.
    Unless its a sitcom

While i like robin, I feel that Batman taking on another kid after jason reflects badly on the hero.

The current state of Robin[ie the fact that there's been 5 and 3 have died] makes Batman looks bad.
    Not controversial. Just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    Removing America from Justice League was a bad idea. From previous years I was told by some fans that it's because DC wanted the Justice League to represent the world's beliefs but now there is the Justice League of China so that must not be so. Personally, I think DC values China more than America which is why this happened.
    It all comes down to the writing on the page. Is it good? A JL with hundreds of members from all over the world living on a satellite would be cool and I liked Morrison's Great Ten. What I don't like is Scott Snyder's and Zak Snyder's versions. Even Brad Meltzer's run was better.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 06-10-2021 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    Removing America from Justice League was a bad idea. From previous years I was told by some fans that it's because DC wanted the Justice League to represent the world's beliefs but now there is the Justice League of China so that must not be so. Personally, I think DC values China more than America which is why this happened.
    I've seen some weird takes on DC but this one just might be the winner.

Batman is DC's number 1, but I don't think they should tie themselves in knots about making him look pristine. His modus operandi is problematic and that's part of his appeal.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    lol I almost replied to that comment but decided to just ignore it
    The J-man

I've never really encountered ugliness from any fandom. I don't consider opinions I disagree with to be ugliness.

Extraordinary Member

What also really annoys me, us that for one they are still going for the Jason was a bad Robin because he was reckless and disobedient thing.
    But on the other hand they Tim in his early stories constantly go out as Robin after Bruce had told him to stay in the cave because it would be to dangerous, and Dick is constantly disobedient in a new stories they do about his time as Robin.

If Gorilla Grodd has to be someone's villain, he should be Wonder Woman's or Animal Man's/Vixen.

The Flash family isn't really a group of adventurers, whereas Diana for example is. The geopolitics of an entire Gorilla City, plus mind control, plus hidden civilization with a distaste for mankind, plus the theme of alternate evolution makes more sense when matched by these other heroes. And visually, the fights between them have a more clear dynamic than Flash running around a psyhic Gorilla.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-11-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If Gorilla Grodd has to be someone's villain, he should be Wonder Woman's or Animal Man's/Vixen.

The Flash family isn't really a group of adventurers, whereas Diana for example is. The geopolitics of an entire Gorilla City, plus mind control, plus hidden civilization with a distaste for mankind, plus the theme of alternate evolution makes more sense when matched by these other heroes. And visually, the fights between them have a more clear dynamic than Flash running around a psychic Gorilla.
    It is interesting how the Flash seems to have two different sorts of villains, other Speedsters (Zoom, Reverse Flash, Godspeed) and 'Rogues' / dudes with gadgets (Heat Wave, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, etc.). And then there's Grodd, who doesn't really fit into either of those boxes (or have a connection to one of the new 'Forces' like the Sage Force or Still Force).

I could definitely see him be more of a Wonder Woman villain, in particular. (Aquaman also has that 'connection to a mythic hidden city' angle as well.)

That said, I love when DC colors outside of the box and some hero ends up facing a traditional 'nemesis' of a completely different hero.

Green Lantern vs. Giganta and Black Adam or Wonder Woman vs. Metallo and Deathstroke in that DC Online trailer were fun, for instance.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

The Flash family isn't really a group of adventurers, whereas Diana for example is. The geopolitics of an entire Gorilla City, plus mind control, plus hidden civilization with a distaste for mankind, plus the theme of alternate evolution makes more sense when matched by these other heroes. And visually, the fights between them have a more clear dynamic than Flash running around a psyhic Gorilla.
    I don't disagree, but I have different reasons. Grodd should be a line-wide threat, manageable (barely) by any A-List hero, but a menace easily capable of threatening the whole Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wow.

To me, the problem with Batman taking on a third Robin on Titans is that he’s ancient. Iain Glenn is fine as a retired Batman but can anyone imagine him out in the streets fighting crime? Or leaping from one building to another? He doesn’t need to take on another Robin. He needs to take on another Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Wow.

To me, the problem with Batman taking on a third Robin on Titans is that he’s ancient. Iain Glenn is fine as a retired Batman but can anyone imagine him out in the streets fighting crime? Or leaping from one building to another? He doesn’t need to take on another Robin. He needs to take on another Batman.
    I feel like his age is appropriate considering we've had Dick and Jason. Live actions got to follow a more realistic time scale.
    The J-man

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Wow.

You say that, but Jorah carved through men like an absolute boss. Yeah, he looked like he was struggling through it, but I still bought it. I think his Bruce could pull it off so much as we see him take moments to catch his breath after the theatrics (when he thinks nobody is looking, of course).

Hell, he can be using a suit with a built-in powered exoskeleton. Batman in this stage of the game is pretty toyetic so I don't think it's unreasonable to put Glenn in the cowl.

Of course I think Titans is Batheavy enough, so I'd rather we see other big heroes (not specifically Clark or Diana, though they'd be preferred).

If a character is killed off, then retire that name. No "mantles", no "legacies". Their legacy dies with them (until they're brought back).