Page 222 of 334 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 5002
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Daxamites have a weakness to lead is just as stupid as martians being weak to fire and and Green Lanterns having the weakness to yellow. Why would an invulnerable superhumanly powerful being be taken down by something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Daxamites have a weakness to lead is just as stupid as martians being weak to fire and and Green Lanterns having the weakness to yellow. Why would an invulnerable superhumanly powerful being be taken down by something like that.

Writers were just trying to "kryptonian" them, making them all powerful, but with one weakness, like superman.

I really wouldn't mind getting rid of all characters weakness,let them all be put down by physical force or some intelligent plan
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ultimate Member

Those kinds of weaknesses don't really make sense

I love Wally being back as the main Flash, but I don't like him going back to his """classic""" costume

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think he's generally overpowered. Idk if he needs time travel as an ability
    I don't think it was an ability for any of those three. They used their powers to do it (mostly going faster than light and some other things).

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Fans, posters, and writers alike constantly downplay his powers.
    Again, writers have long since stopped doing that and only did it for one brief period.

Superman is consistently portrayed as an unstoppable juggernaut or at least close to it. He suffers from this far less often than Wonder Woman, Captain Atom and Shazam just for examples at the top of my head.

And aren't you contradicting yourself? How can fans downplay Superman's powers when him being too powerful is a frequent complaint?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-16-2021 at 10:23 PM.

I don't think it was an ability for any of those three. They used their powers to do it (mostly going faster than light and some other things).
    When did Wonder Woman ever time travel under her own power?

Ultimate Member

So how many heroes have time powers not depending on super speed? Because I always assumed those were separated yet sometimes connected powers

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

[QUOTE=bretmaverick2;2904079]Random Thoughts

I think the JSA (and Infinity, Inc and original Seven Soldiers) work best on their own separate Earth. For me, I liked having the JSA and JLA with their own earths to protect.
    Liked them post Crisis but would like to see Wildstorm & Vertigo a part of Earth two like a way better 52

Jonah Hex is a fantastic character. I want him to have another series.
    I love ray guns & six shooters

I think Marv Wolfman's NIGHT FORCE series is a good concept. Let him write another limited series for NF that is 12 issues and ties closer into the main DC universe.
    Never saw it but I would love to see Wolfman do Wetworks

I prefer Dark Knight Detective Batman to all seeing, psychotic Batman.
    TRUE, but I'M TIRED OF THE BAT

What happened to Garth's (Tempest's ) curly hair??
    GOT IT STRAIGHTEN
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When did Wonder Woman ever time travel under her own power?
    WW has used her FTL speed to do it; she has her jet thingee to do it(but it was by going FTL so that is kind of under the first one as it just feet vs vehicle but the vehicle was her base kit); the use of the lasso let her step through time and space on occasion; and the Amazons had tech that have them mastery over time and space. Your specifying own power makes me wonder if the should be mentioned at all but it has been used to time travel as well (the Rock of Eternity has done the same for the good Captain albeit with different mechanics).

Of the three WW has had the most of her powers skills and abilities ignored. That is one reason I appreciate people like Busiek as he uses the oft forgotten traits whenever he could.

My point though is it is dinky to strip the powers/abilities of x saying on s/he is too powerful while extrapolating out of g's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So how many heroes have time powers not depending on super speed? Because I always assumed those were separated yet sometimes connected powers
    Mages and of course Divinities have been time traveling for like ever

Ultimate Member

Mages and of course Divinities have been time traveling for like ever
    Ok. I'm not too caught up on DC's magical side outside of Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

WW has used her FTL speed to do it; she has her jet thingee to do it(but it was by going FTL so that is kind of under the first one as it just feet vs vehicle but the vehicle was her base kit); the use of the lasso let her step through time and space on occasion; and the Amazons had tech that have them mastery over time and space. Your specifying own power makes me wonder if the should be mentioned at all but it has been used to time travel as well (the Rock of Eternity has done the same for the good Captain albeit with different mechanics).

Of the three WW has had the most of her powers skills and abilities ignored. That is one reason I appreciate people like Busiek as he uses the oft forgotten traits whenever he could.

My point though is it is dinky to strip the powers/abilities of x saying on s/he is too powerful while extrapolating out of g's powers.
    This was being discussed earlier in this thread IIRC but some of us were saying Wonder woman's variety of powers isn't always full used

This was being discussed earlier in this thread IIRC but some of us were saying Wonder woman's variety of powers isn't always full used
    I'm all for some of them being ignored - liked we ignore some of Superman's. I mean, even only counting the comic ones, there are more weird (and problematic) ones than this. I feel that way about some of the powers WW has had, too. I honestly prefer a more limited and consistent power set and think it works better in storytelling. I really, really don't want time travel - it opens up too many issues to why it isn't used on so many occasions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm all for some of them being ignored - liked we ignore some of Superman's. I mean, even only counting the comic ones, there are more weird (and problematic) ones than this. I feel that way about some of the powers WW has had, too. I honestly prefer a more limited and consistent power set and think it works better in storytelling. I really, really don't want time travel - it opens up too many issues to why it isn't used on so many occasions.
    I don't mean time travel. I just thought Wonder Woman could use more powers than just those she shares with Superman. I like power sets to be consistent but also somewhat distinct, at least for the main heroes. And just being stuck with super strength and flight is a bit boring sometimes.

I don't think time travel is inherently problematic. That's just how writers write it.