Page 270 of 334 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 5002

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I’m so glad they didn’t make Duke Robin.
    But, they did.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, they did.
    Duke was part of a group called "we are Robin", but he was never a Robin to Batman.

Me too. I'm glad he was an untraditional Robin. Although I think he and Harper would've been better off creatively if they were with Green Arrow instead.

He has less sidekicks and isn't the master of everything so Duke and Harper would stand out more.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Me too. I'm glad he was an untraditional Robin. Although I think he and Harper would've been better off creatively if they were with Green Arrow instead.

He has less sidekicks and isn't the master of everything so Duke and Harper would stand out more.
    I agree on Harper, her skillset is something the Arrow family could benefit from and the field is far less crowded so she would've had more room to find her own niche within the franchise.

I think Duke works as a Bat though, at least conceptually. His being a metahuman brings something unique to Gotham and him being the "day time protector" opens up a side of the setting we rarely see. But there's so many Bats there's limited room for Duke to drive his own narrative and show off what he's got. Of course, that can be said for the Arrow family too; there isn't even a single Arrow monthly right now.

How did Duke's mini do? I thought it was pretty solid and wouldn't mind another.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I agree on Harper, her skillset is something the Arrow family could benefit from and the field is far less crowded so she would've had more room to find her own niche within the franchise.

I think Duke works as a Bat though, at least conceptually. His being a metahuman brings something unique to Gotham and him being the "day time protector" opens up a side of the setting we rarely see. But there's so many Bats there's limited room for Duke to drive his own narrative and show off what he's got. Of course, that can be said for the Arrow family too; there isn't even a single Arrow monthly right now.

How did Duke's mini do? I thought it was pretty solid and wouldn't mind another.
    It was solid 7 out of 10. I liked it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-23-2021 at 09:44 AM.

My intro to Power Girl was BoP. I just thought she was an older Supergirl and I prefer that to her actual origin. I'm fine with changing it, I'm just not sure making her Atlantean was the right move.
    Yeah, the best idea I was able come up with is "older cousin".

Duke and Harper already stand out fine on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Duke was part of a group called "we are Robin", but he was never a Robin to Batman.
    Wasn't Duke the "Robin" in Batman and Robin: Futures End #1?

I'd make Infinity Inc the heroes of the 70/80s. They are also the generation of heroes that bridge the gap between Jsa and Jla.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-24-2021 at 04:11 PM.

I'd make Infinity Inc the heroes of the 70/80s. They are also the generation of heroes that bridge the gap between Jsa and Jla.

I was fond of the New 52 Earth 52, it just needed a bit of tweaking with the new origins.
    It's an interesting idea but what would they symbolize about that era?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's an interesting idea but what would they symbolize about that era?
    No idea the 80s were before my time. It's more of a canon plaster and a way to use Legacy without aging the JL.

The 40s and 50s tend to be romanticized but the 80s gives way to greed and the "me" culture so you could use the Infinity Inc as a way to explore that.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-24-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Incredible Member

He was, same as Stephanie who was Nightwing in this possible future one shots. It doesn't make her Nightwing or him Robin. It was a possible future that is unlikely to happen now and isn't canon.

He's also one of the Robins in Dark knights of steel, but again, it's an elseworld story and isn't canon.
    Last edited by Lal; 12-24-2021 at 11:25 AM.

I was fond of the New 52 Earth 52, it just needed a bit of tweaking with the new origins.

Maybe it could have an art deco design? Go retro 40s?.

But, they did.

He was, same as Stephanie who was Nightwing in this possible future one shots. It doesn't make her Nightwing or him Robin. It was a possible future that is unlikely to happen now and isn't canon.

He's also one of the Robins in Dark knights of steel, but again, it's an elseworld story and isn't canon.

FYI, Duke is Robin in DC multimedia. We can debate whether he was Robin in the comic pages, even though We Are Robin kind of makes it clear. He wasn't officially a Robin to Bruce, but he was his partner.

I like that Duke has his own persona because Robin is really Dick's creation. He is the first Robin, the original Robin, and the true Robin. The others followed in his footsteps until they found their own alter egos. It's nice that Duke got a headstart on that. It'd be one thing if DC let characters age or die, but they don't, which makes having 6+ Robin very weird.

In the new DC animated show Batwheels, Duke is Robin, and according to this trailer, he is the first African American Robin. So take that as you will.

The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    FYI, Duke is Robin in DC multimedia. We can debate whether he was Robin in the comic pages, even though We Are Robin kind of makes it clear. He wasn't officially a Robin to Bruce, but he was his partner.

I like that Duke has his own persona because Robin is really Dick's creation. He is the first Robin, the original Robin, and the true Robin. The others followed in his footsteps until they found their own alter egos. It's nice that Duke got a headstart on that. It'd be one thing if DC let characters age or die, but they don't, which makes having 6+ Robin very weird.

In the new DC animated show Batwheels, Duke is Robin, and according to this trailer, he is the first African American Robin. So take that as you will.

It's quite surprising that the actor acknowledged Duke as a Robin in the comics, as it's clear DC comics don't see Duke as a Robin. He wasn't part of the Robins anniversary special, wasn't a part of the Robins group who tried to convince Damian to return to Gotham, and isn't part of the Robins mini series.

I agree that Duke being Signal is much better for him than being the sixth Robin. Just look at Tim being a secondary Robin to Damian and struggling to find a path and a new identity. Duke at least has an identity of his own.

It's a bit weird that DC is pushing different characters as Robin in different adaptations. Tim in Gotham knights, Titans and Young justice, Damian in the animated movies and in the upcoming super sons project, and Duke in Batwheels. Duke could stand out much more as Signal than compete with Tim and Damian on being Robin in outside adaptations.
    Last edited by Lal; 12-25-2021 at 04:44 AM.