Page 274 of 333 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4993

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Look man, I get that you care about these things, but they really are minor details. Should he have a cohesive personality and look? Yes. But again, there's no reason for thess stories not to just maintain the idea that he changed over time

Thst is the problem DC won't let him change. He looks like a punk version of his 90s super suit, but with his generic kryptonian powerset, and a watered down personality.

DC needs to let him be more.Look at how many versions of him, and the cool things thst all add to him. Titans has epigentic memory, Reign has the eyes for examples. Add up his unique qualities across all media and versions and move him forward.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    As a casual I'm gonna pull back and say that the most important thing about Conner is the common thread that exist in almost every version
    1. He's a clone
    2. He has tactile telekinesis alongside standard Super power (I assume every version has this)
    3. He's in a team of young heroes
    Those are the three that are the most important. Then we cover the details.

The first conflicting thing that stood up for me is his appearance, personality, and the Robin he's associated with.
    1. The punk one with Tim Drake
    2. The calmer, casual, and shirtless a lot with Dick Grayson (Jason didn't stay long enough to be associated with him)
    There's the casually dressed one in comic that is associated with Tim Drake, but I don't know the number who like that version compared to the 2 numbered above, because the first one has a grip on 90s fan while the second one on the TV watcher

That's my casual POV. The first thing that needs to be reconciled is his appearance and personality... or maybe not... because these days the casually dressed Superboy is associated more with Dick Grayson's group and they exist outside comic so we don't need to think much about that maybe.

So my next question would be, is the Bendis version with punk appearance but no longer mid-teen is accepted by comic readers? If so, then appearance-wise, just continue on from there.
    Of the 3 most important things to you,yes he is a clone,he is on teams with teens or Titans lol, but DC has made a concerned effort to downplay or eliminate his TTK.

If thst is one of the most important things iyo then you have to agree WITH ME that there is a problem
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    "minor"? how minor is the way you look? In-universe there's a story and lore behind the design of Superman's costume. Sure, whatever he wears as Clark Kent is.. well just regular everyday clothes and makes sense to change a lot. but overall visual character design shouldn't change without reason because it makes the character unrecognizable for out-of-universe reasons.
    EXACTLY, ty

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Powergirl should be stronger than Supergirl
    I agree. Even moreso if they go with all of them are Kryptonian thing. Then unless otherwise discovered we can go off based on other species and arrive at Superman>>>Power Girl>>Supergirl>>>>****>>>>New Power Girl who is said to be 2 ton

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Powergirl should be stronger than Supergirl
    I agree. Even moreso if they go with all of them are Kryptonian thing. Then unless otherwise discovered we can go off based on other species and arrive at Superman>>>Power Girl>>Supergirl>>>>****>>>>New Power Girl who is said to be 2 ton
    But in the past (pre-CoIE), Power Girl was the Earth-2/Earth-Two version of Kara (Earth-1/Earth-One Supergirl), and the Golden Age Superman wasn't as powerful as the Earth-1/Earth-One Superman. So Power Girl wouldn't have been quite as strong / powerful as Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But in the past (pre-CoIE), Power Girl was the Earth-2/Earth-Two version of Kara (Earth-1/Earth-One Supergirl), and the Golden Age Superman wasn't as powerful as the Earth-1/Earth-One Superman. So Power Girl wouldn't have been quite as strong / powerful as Supergirl.
    I was thinking about this today.
    When did Power Girl’s power level increase/change?
    New Earth Kryptonians weren’t as powerful as Earth 1 Kryptonians. So how do New Earth and Earth 2 Kryptonians measure up? So was PG on the same level as New Earth Kryptonians? How would New Earth PG rank against New Earth Wonder Woman?
    Post Crisis she was a refugee from Earth 2 still (even if she thought she was an ancient magic Atlantean baby) so she should’ve still had Earth 2 power levels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    When did Power Girl’s power level increase/change?
    New Earth Kryptonians weren’t as powerful as Earth 1 Kryptonians. So how do New Earth and Earth 2 Kryptonians measure up? So was PG on the same level as New Earth Kryptonians? How would New Earth PG rank against New Earth Wonder Woman?
    Post Crisis she was a refugee from Earth 2 still (even if she thought she was an ancient magic Atlantean baby) so she should’ve still had Earth 2 power levels.
    I don't know exactly when, but I do know that by COIE, they were on a pretty even level, though COIE itself suggested that Kal-L had become the most powerful of the lot. I would think that whenever DC decides to finally, definitively reintroduce PG, it will probably be on a level with Wonder Woman and SG. New Earth...that was the post COIE Earth, wasn't it? If so...who knows, they were both probably less powerful than the current and future versions. Immediately prior to Flashpoint WW and PG were pretty much equal as per two direct comparisons.

Similarly named heroes don’t necessarily need to have ties to the others.
    In a similar way to how Beast Boy and Animal Man are not linked.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Similarly named heroes don’t necessarily need to have ties to the others.
    In a similar way to how Beast Boy and Animal Man are not linked.
    Yeah, on a tangent related to that, I was not a fan of how, after the fairly brilliant creation of 'The Green' over in Swamp Thing, there seemed to be a rush to attach various other characters to primal forces like 'The Red' or whatever, and it got to the weird degree that characters like Aquaman, Red Tornado and Firestorm were all supposed to be avatars of some primal forces (Water, Air and Fire) like Swamp Thing and Animal Man had become.

It seemed like the Speed Force (and other Forces like the Still and Sage Force) and Emotional Spectrum might be next in line to be the 'thing that everyone's secretly connected to'.

That said, I'm totally a hypocrite, in that the notion that the Shade, Shadow Thief and Nightshade all tap into the same sort of dark dimensional energy, intrigues me.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-09-2022 at 04:56 PM.

I think it makes sense after years and years of stories to try to add something new/elaborate like that or so the thinking goes.

I think it's a great concept it's just not nearly as explored as the speed force and the emotional spectrum. DC can potentially get a lot of mileage out of it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think it makes sense after years and years of stories to try to add something new/elaborate like that or so the thinking goes.
    hahaha, making Poison Ivy an Avatar of the green? Yeah..... Batman should really just give up instead of trying to fight her now. I mean... he hasn't stopped trying to fight Superman, sooo... but seriously.... As an Avatar of the Green she's basically a minor goddess.

I mean Poison Ivy isn't really a full-fledged villain anymore now anyway, as I understand it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    So was PG on the same level as New Earth Kryptonians? How would New Earth PG rank against New Earth Wonder Woman?
    Power Girl was not the most consistent, at times she was allegedly stronger than Supergirl:

https://i.imgur.com/0X0ooWd.jpeg

Or equal:

And Wonder Woman even also called her an equal:

https://i.imgur.com/0362Eyz.jpeg

and at first she did well against Wonder Woman:

https://imgur.com/a/NYKrzsL

but after getting truly serious, Wonder Woman made quick work of her:

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Power Girl was not the most consistent, at times she was allegedly stronger than Supergirl . . .
    But one should also take into account how many different versions of "Supergirl" has had as well.

* pre-CoIE version
    * first post-CoIE version (a.k.a. Matrix)
    and several other versions after Matrix (who I can't quite keep track of)