Page 275 of 334 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4996
    Spectacular Member

Here my contreversial opinion. With Didio they are more diversity in the publication. With less Batman related title.

“Tarnishing” a heroes legacy with something big, similar to what Arsenal went through, shouldn’t be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    “Tarnishing” a heroes legacy with something big, similar to what Arsenal went through, shouldn’t be avoided.
    Agreed in principle. But if you're a writer going down that road, you better make dang sure that your execution is watertight. Prime example: Emerald Twilight. Could it have worked? Possibly, if it had been properly set up. As it was, it was sloppy and rushed, and as a consequence it remained a thorn in DC's side for decade.

Arsenal's post-Cry for Justice downfall, absurdly comical as it was, was at least rooted in something tangible - he'd just lost his kid in a (HORRIBLE) mini-series. It made sense that he could lose it.

I'm trying to recall a situation in which a well-established character tarnished their legacy in a well-done fashion... annnd I'm coming up blank. I guess if you want you could count King's Adam Strange, but that kind of grates against my nerves.

Amazing Member

in Live Action DC should be edgy to be different from Marvel, i know Snyder is controversial but he had vision

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    in Live Action DC should be edgy to be different from Marvel, i know Snyder is controversial but he had vision
    "Vision" is only useful when other people want to see that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    at least it would be better than what is happening now with the rumors in Flash

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

at least it would be better than what is happening now with the rumors in Flash
    Lois and Bruce having a child that ends up being adopted by Clark after Bruce sacrafices himself, only goes on to asks the kid to be the new Batman when he comes of age isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Agreed in principle. But if you're a writer going down that road, you better make dang sure that your execution is watertight. Prime example: Emerald Twilight. Could it have worked? Possibly, if it had been properly set up. As it was, it was sloppy and rushed, and as a consequence it remained a thorn in DC's side for decade.

Arsenal's post-Cry for Justice downfall, absurdly comical as it was, was at least rooted in something tangible - he'd just lost his kid in a (HORRIBLE) mini-series. It made sense that he could lose it.

I'm trying to recall a situation in which a well-established character tarnished their legacy in a well-done fashion... annnd I'm coming up blank. I guess if you want you could count King's Adam Strange, but that kind of grates against my nerves.
    Does anyone know why they decided to randomly dump on Roy? The guy lost his kid and his arm like???? Why

It all seems cruel and unnecessary
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Lois and Bruce having a child that ends up being adopted by Clark after Bruce sacrafices himself, only goes on to asks the kid to be the new Batman when he comes of age isn't that great.
    One being bad doesn't make the other better. Then again, half the backlash to this idea seems based on Superman being "cucked" (their words, not mine).
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-11-2022 at 04:43 AM.

I don't mind that, I just think Snyder chose the wrong guys to be edgy with. If you gave another set of heroes like Charlton or JLD he'd have better luck.

But I think the bigger problem was WB's lack of commitment to Snyder. They screwed him over even before the Whedon switch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Truer words have never been stated in re to the DCEU.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

DC's shouldn't be edgy just for the sake of being different from Marvel.

DC trying to either copy Marvel's formula or trying to be like Marvel or opposite of them or just in general judging themselves in comparison to Marvel has been their problem since Marvel first came into being.

DC should just be the best DC it can be. Light or darkness should really depend on the character. Darker stories aren't inherently better than lighter ones.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't mind that, I just think Snyder chose the wrong guys to be edgy with. If you gave another set of heroes like Charlton or JLD he'd have better luck.

But I think the bigger problem was WB's lack of commitment to Snyder. They screwed him over even before the Whedon switch.
    Give the general reaction people had to Man of Steel and BvS, he never should have never even got a chance to START making Justice League. People weren't into what he was trying to do.

They tried to rush things that was the problem. After MoS they should have waited out, done WW and Flash and then jump into World's Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Give the general reaction people had to Man of Steel and BvS, he never should have never even got a chance to START making Justice League. People weren't into what he was trying to do.
    Warner Bros wanted a discount MCU because they were a success. Snyder's movies made money and that's all they cared about. So letting him continue made sense.

To me I would've had a few more solos between BvS and JL. You could use the other Leaguers as surrogate Superman and dig into the World without Superman motif.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-11-2022 at 05:02 PM.