Page 280 of 334 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4996

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Catwoman is not really interesting when she is with Bruce, she's far more compelling working against him.
    I disagree. I enjoy the 'Enemies to Lover' aspect of their relationship. Some of my favorite involves them becoming closer (Hush, Autobiograhy of Bruce Wayne, Heart of Hush, Brubaker's Catwoman run). I prefer Selina going from villain to anti-villain to anti-hero to hero. It's what sets her apart from the other Bat Rogues.

Well, here is a controversial opinion: the Trintiy concept needs to be done away with.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman should all be leading their own teams in their own little sub universes. Batman leading the Outsiders, Superman with the Legion or the Superman Squad and Wonder Woman leading either the Holiday Girls or JL Dark. The JL can be lead by Flash, GL and Martian Manhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Well, here is a controversial opinion: the Trintiy concept needs to be done away with.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman should all be leading their own teams in their own little sub universes. Batman leading the Outsiders, Superman with the Legion or the Superman Squad and Wonder Woman leading either the Holiday Girls or JL Dark. The JL can be lead by Flash, GL and Martian Manhunter.
    I'm fine with Batman being seperate from the League. People liked Superman with the Authority so maybe that could work here. I'm not a fan of WW with the JLD. Maybe Global Guardians could work better? But the Holiday Girls need a come back.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-03-2022 at 07:37 PM.

I agree with the idea of each Trinity member having their own team. Think we're long past due, honestly. We gotta spread the love around and break the League's monopoly.

I think for this particular version of Superman; older, less willing to play nice, and ready to get the work done....I think the Authority is a good fit here (not the OG WildStorm Authority, but coopting the name works). He's got the Legion as an option too of course, though that fits best with a younger Superman. And of course Bats has the Outsiders. So why not give Diana a team of her own as well?

I think she'd make a ton of sense leading a UN sanctioned StormWatch.

I'm also partial to the Seven Soldiers of Victory, based on the name alone.

And probably the most obvious option for her is the JSA.

I'd be fine with the Trinity remaining on the League while also leading these separate groups, or leaving the League for these other teams....though I think sales would suffer greatly from that and it wouldn't last long.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think Titans Academy is a cool hub and I hope it sticks around after the current run ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I agree with the idea of each Trinity member having their own team. Think we're long past due, honestly. We gotta spread the love around and break the League's monopoly.

I think for this particular version of Superman; older, less willing to play nice, and ready to get the work done....I think the Authority is a good fit here (not the OG WildStorm Authority, but coopting the name works). He's got the Legion as an option too of course, though that fits best with a younger Superman. And of course Bats has the Outsiders. So why not give Diana a team of her own as well?

I'd be fine with the Trinity remaining on the League while also leading these separate groups, or leaving the League for these other teams....though I think sales would suffer greatly from that and it wouldn't last long.
    There's always L.E.G.I.O.N. for Clark and you could play the two groups off each other for Clark.

Enh, Superman has been a team leader though.

Yeah, not something he normally does though.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I'm not sure about leading different teams, but I agree on Trinity part. Does nothing for Superman and Batman, while tends to harm WW.

Bruce already has a team in the form of a Batfamily. Clark and Diana would be better off leading teams of their own characters instead of latching onto other teams that have their own identities and don't need to be overshadowed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Bruce already has a team in the form of a Batfamily. Clark and Diana would be better off leading teams of their own characters instead of latching onto other teams that have their own identities and don't need to be overshadowed by them.
    I guess Diana kinda has a team. The various Wonder Girls, and Amazons, along with a few other hero friends. But it's not a proper team since no name.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I guess Diana kinda has a team. The various Wonder Girls, and Amazons, along with a few other hero friends. But it's not a proper team since no name.
    It's a crime that WW doesn't interact more with Donna, Cassie, and Yara. It's probably one of the things I would like most from a WW run
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Trinity all have their own franchise families, yeah, but rarely are those groups operating as an actual team.

I wouldn't be against changing that though; the Rebirth era 'Tec book, where a bunch of the Bats were working together as a unit, was a pretty solid read. I could enjoy the book going back to that, with Action and Sensation following suit.

But I see nothing wrong with the Trinity taking teams of their own that extend beyond their own franchises either. I'd agree with Agent Z about these big names overshadowing everyone, or bending the team out of shape to fit them, but we're talking about groups that aren't being published and haven't seen print in years, and looking to connect each big name with a team that, at least in a general sense, already matches them. So there's no harm here that I can see.

I mean come on, there's no JSA book and hasn't been one for years so how exactly would a "Wonder Woman & the JSA" title be anything but a good thing? Who's gonna argue that Diana doesn't fit on a team of Golden Age war heroes?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Trinity all have their own franchise families, yeah, but rarely are those groups operating as an actual team.

I wouldn't be against changing that though; the Rebirth era 'Tec book, where a bunch of the Bats were working together as a unit, was a pretty solid read. I could enjoy the book going back to that, with Action and Sensation following suit.

But I see nothing wrong with the Trinity taking teams of their own that extend beyond their own franchises either. I'd agree with Agent Z about these big names overshadowing everyone, or bending the team out of shape to fit them, but we're talking about groups that aren't being published and haven't seen print in years, and looking to connect each big name with a team that, at least in a general sense, already matches them. So there's no harm here that I can see.

I mean come on, there's no JSA book and hasn't been one for years so how exactly would a "Wonder Woman & the JSA" title be anything but a good thing? Who's gonna argue that Diana doesn't fit on a team of Golden Age war heroes?
    It's not a bad idea inherently, but ideally, to me, these guys wouldn't need a Trinity member to be published. But that's an issue with DC's publishing culture that would need to be corrected.

I tend not to care about the superhero families in either. I grew up with a lot of Shonen anime so in comparison they feel like a let down design wise. I tend to like a few members and prefer them separately than as a whole. The New 52 could've helped legacies but it did more damage instead.

This is a long-winded way of saying I prefer Batman with the Outsiders. Although I don't need him to be the leader and that's the same with Superman and WW.

I prefer Superman and WW with the league than outside of it while Batman is the opposite.

I saw a fan reboot with Martian Manhunter filling Batman's role on the league. So I'd be interested in seeing that fan idea make it into the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I tend not to care about the superhero families in either. I grew up with a lot of Shonen anime so in comparison they feel like a let down design wise. I tend to like a few members and prefer them separately than as a whole. The New 52 could've helped legacies but it did more damage instead.

This is a long-winded way of saying I prefer Batman with the Outsiders. Although I don't need him to be the leader and that's the same with Superman and WW.

I prefer Superman and WW with the league than outside of it while Batman is the opposite.

I saw a fan reboot with Martian Manhunter filling Batman's role on the league. So I'd be interested in seeing that fan idea make it into the comics.
    If it means anything, they've been differentiating the Super and Wonder families a lot over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's not a bad idea inherently, but ideally, to me, these guys wouldn't need a Trinity member to be published. But that's an issue with DC's publishing culture that would need to be corrected.
    Totally agreed. These IP *should* be able to carry their own weight, and in other media a lot of them actually do. But in the direct market right now you take every advantage you can get right? Harder for a team to be completely ignored in all the big stories and Events if they're working for Batman. And if adding Diana to the roster is the price of getting the JSA back, it's a price I'll happily pay. Ideally the JSA shouldn't need her to share in the spotlight or move units but alas, the world we live in. ...

~ Black Panther.