Page 330 of 334 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334 LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 4996

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Fans who bash the Teen Titans, Titans and Young Justice shows for taking liberties with the source material are hypocrites.
    Why are they hypocrites? Some fans are purists and don't want any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Next time DC shouldn't reboot, they should just move the line to another universe instead of changing Earth 0 ever again.
    Isn't that just a reboot?.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-10-2023 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think the bigger problem is that when those shows take "liberties with the source material" changes are sometimes made to the comic books so they'll match those later revisions on the TV shows.
    You mean you don't like things like kryptonite, Batman having a batcave, Mr. Freeze's origin, and Superman being able to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Why are they hypocrites? Some fans are purists and don't want any changes.
    I forgot to add that bashing those shows while being a DCAU fan made you a hypocrite. My mistake, I've corrected it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Isn't that just a reboot?.
    If it takes over the main line, then yeah for all intent and purpose it is. But if it's a completely new timeline and not "the regular timeline is changed forever by cosmic villain mischief!" then I suppose one could argue that, technically speaking, it's not rebooting anything, just shifting focus to another earth in the multiverse.

But yeah, a reboot by any other name.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You mean you don't like things like kryptonite, Batman having a batcave, Mr. Freeze's origin, and Superman being able to fly?
    Some changes added to the comic books have been okay, but some are tiresome . . . especially when they over-write what has happened in the past and are not simply additions to what has happened in the past.

And actually, considering how much it's been worked to death, I'm not sure if the changes to Mr. Freeze's origin/motivation have been beneficial in the long run or not.

Excepting Mr. Freeze's origin (which I actually don't like, because I think it's only good for villain that appears a couple of times, not a long-term one), all of those were introduced in an era where continuity mattered little and readership turned over rather quickly. That is not how comics work now. I do think it might be good for DC if they could get it to work that way again, but I haven't seen any indication of them having success at that. Can't have it both ways - ongoing stories and long-term relationships that matter while also changing the characters entire personality/history/powerset/supporting cast every few years. They need to either start fresh (likely going for a new audience) or keep the history their current audience is invested in (to keep most of the current audience). Okay, so maybe "can't have it both ways" is a bit of an overstatement, but it's very, very difficult to accomplish and many attempts fail. If DC was better at getting and keeping the new readers they attracted by these new elements, it'd be financial win for them, but that doesn't seem to have panned out in most cases. Either way, it's quite reasonable for characters and histories being basically overwritten to alienate fans that loved the originals, even when that's the smart business route to take.

i feel as though the Bat-god needs his own version of kryptonite.

1. I have a visceral negative reaction to the use of “Trinity” in universe to refer to Supes, Bats, & WW. Don’t have a problem with them being the standard bearers of the super hero community…but HATE it being codified. Reeks of IP management BS from the halls of the DC offices and not anything in universe. Why just that three? Why wouldn’t people just call them justice league when teaming up and be done with it? Just…no.

Sorry, new wonder teen. You are DOA to me on name alone.

2. LoSH: Snake Jeckie = Best Jeckie. It’s the hill I will die on. I know. I’m just as surprised as everyone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    1. I have a visceral negative reaction to the use of “Trinity” in universe to refer to Supes, Bats, & WW. Don’t have a problem with them being the standard bearers of the super hero community…but HATE it being codified. Reeks of IP management BS from the halls of the DC offices and not anything in universe. Why just that three? Why wouldn’t people just call them justice league when teaming up and be done with it? Just…no.
    I like the *idea* of Diana being regarded as big of a deal as Bruce and Clark, but that's not what I've seen from DC. They seem to want to have their representation-cred, without really doing the work. At various times since the 'Trinity' concept was floated, Diana *didn't even have her own book,* let alone the amount of showcases that the other two got, and it seemed for a time like Hal and Barry (or even Harley!) were 'bigger' than Diana, to the upper-ups at DC, no matter how much they paid lip-service to Diana as one of their top three, it was Hal and Barry getting the big pushes and attention and storylines from people in charge of DC.

It's like they want the credit for having Diana in the top three, but aren't willing to put in the work. Gives me a whole 'Joss Whedon touting himself as a feminist, while also being a creep to women he works with' vibe.

2. LoSH: Snake Jeckie = Best Jeckie. It’s the hill I will die on. I know. I’m just as surprised as everyone.
    And you lost me.

(Seriously, Sensor Girl is my Jeckie, but you go with your daring choice! I have long believed the Legion should definitely have more non-humanoid alien members like Tellus and Gates, and Sneckie was indeed a step in that direction!)

Superman and Batman typically have four or so ongoings at a time. I'm not sure I can even recall a time Wonder Woman held down two titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like the *idea* of Diana being regarded as big of a deal as Bruce and Clark, but that's not what I've seen from DC. They seem to want to have their representation-cred, without really doing the work. At various times since the 'Trinity' concept was floated, Diana *didn't even have her own book,* let alone the amount of showcases that the other two got, and it seemed for a time like Hal and Barry (or even Harley!) were 'bigger' than Diana, to the upper-ups at DC, no matter how much they paid lip-service to Diana as one of their top three, it was Hal and Barry getting the big pushes and attention and storylines from people in charge of DC.
    Like when exactly? Diana has always had her own book, which is what the Trinity concept is based on: Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have been consistently headlining their own comic series and have never had them cancelled. Hal, Harley and Barry cannot make that claim.

Superman and Batman typically have four or so ongoings at a time. I'm not sure I can even recall a time Wonder Woman held down two titles.
    She had Sensation Comics in 2015 and Agent of Peace in 2020 alongside the main Wonder Woman book.

How many characters in DC have managed multiple monthly books? I can't think of anything other than Bats and Superman.

Green Lantern likely has more issues published than Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    i feel as though the Bat-god needs his own version of kryptonite.
    I'd rather get rid of the Batgod entirely but a 'kryptonite' is such a ridiculous idea I really want it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's like they want the credit for having Diana in the top three, but aren't willing to put in the work.
    And I think part of it too is that DC has a real hard time wrapping their heads around her. She's far more complex a character than your typical spandex hero, with a worldview that DC probably doesn't fully understand, and they probably haven't liked all the bits they did get like, y'know, the whole 'burn down the patriarchy' thing. Those DC execs 'are' the patriarchy, not hard to imagine why Diana makes them uncomfortable.

Outside of a few short lived things that might've just been minis anyway and maybe a digital-only or two, I don't think Diana's ever carried two titles.

But then, the same can be said for almost everyone else not named Clark or Bruce. Barry, Arthur, Hal, nobody else is carrying more than one solo title either. This is a feat few achieve, and most who do can't sustain it beyond a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Green Lantern likely has more issues published than Wonder Woman.
    As a franchise, certainly. But I bet Diana has more solo issues than any individual Lantern.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-11-2023 at 12:26 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.